Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

You dont need another booster even if 270 days have passed. There is no expiry date on the booster.

It's confusing! What I'm thinking is my last booster was Nov 30 2021, so how do I stand if I don't get another?
If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having received a booster jab.

As far as I make out from the UK gov site, it doesnt matter when you had your booster as long as you've had one.

If you've only had two jabs, the last one must be within 270 days of travel.

There's always the question of whether someone would WANT to travel if they haven't been boosted; covid hasn't gone away and without that boost there's a greater chance of being (seriously) ill if you catch it. Certainly a worry for me - I've no idea whether I've been infected but never knew, and I probably wouldn't go to Spain without that further boost this summer.

If it came down to it, I'd pay to have it, as long as the price was sensible; but the assumption is that like the flu jab everyone can have one every year. However not everyone can have a free flu jab, you have to be over 60 (?) or a carer etc. Same for covid jab eventually?

Going to Mallorca over the weekend i never had my covid passes checked once either way! Only got my booster last week as i thought it was a must:lol:

I asked the lads if they had theirs checked and most did🤷‍♂️

Edit - flew with Ryainair and to be able to check in online you had to upload covid docs. Forgive me my heads still mangled:lol:

Last edited:
looks like they extended again til end of month? Anyone hear anything more about this supposed rule that recovery certificates are invalid if you fly from the UK?

looks like they extended again til end of month? Anyone hear anything more about this supposed rule that recovery certificates are invalid if you fly from the UK?
I’ve not seen that, although it makes no difference to me as I don’t have a recovery cert. I’ve had covid twice and the last time would of covered me if I’d of declared it.

Our intended trip is last week of July but we are unjabbed and have no recovery certs.

Best place for info is here https://travelsafe.spain.info/en/

We are also booked for end of July but are unvaccinated and without recovery certs. Hubby has an EU passport which I think means we can travel with a negative PCR test. But keeping everything crossed that they drop the restrictions before then!

I saw it written here and elsewhere that they would not take recovery certificates from the UK flights, but I call bs on that.

In terms of requiring vaccination or the recovery cert it looks like that has been extended until may 31

I saw it written here and elsewhere that they would not take recovery certificates from the UK flights, but I call bs on that.

In terms of requiring vaccination or the recovery cert it looks like that has been extended until may 31
This has been the case in the past, but credited certificates now acceptable from the UK. Source HERE

Attachments

• 2BD2AA6D-95E3-43A2-8F83-BA9E7E8A825C.png
    2BD2AA6D-95E3-43A2-8F83-BA9E7E8A825C.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 10
Im flying out to Spain on 16th June..Ive been double jabbed but im way over the 270 day threshold. I did test positive on 24th Dec so will just about be within the 180days for the recovery certificate. I take it my covid records/QR codes in the NHS app will be accepted as 'Certificate'?

Im flying out to Spain on 16th June..Ive been double jabbed but im way over the 270 day threshold. I did test positive on 24th Dec so will just about be within the 180days for the recovery certificate. I take it my covid records/QR codes in the NHS app will be accepted as 'Certificate'?
Last time I checked (it may have changed) you needed to have taken an NHS PCR test.

Last time I checked (it may have changed) you needed to have taken an NHS PCR test.
I took a PCR test on 24th Dec i.e. when I tested positive. Or do you mean an additional PCR test before I go?? I'm within the 180 from testing positive (just).

I took a PCR test on 24th Dec i.e. when I tested positive. Or do you mean an additional PCR test before I go?? I'm within the 180 from testing positive (just).
I interpreted it as having taken a PCR on infection with no further tests needed. I’d check on the UK and Spanish sites though.
Never sure I’ve interpreted it all correctly

I read it as Recovery (from positive PCR test) in last 6 months is acceptable with nothing else needed.
Wish they'd just scrap it all now!

Be careful on recovery certificate. Not sure for Spain but for the US it needs to be signed by a doctor, and GPs will charge - or private companies about £40-£50

Any reason you don't want to get a Booster jab? Surely that would be the easiest solution.

Back