Getting to/from Ibiza latest info

Thank for that, more info on here than any government website! My brain's given up now.
were back from Mainland Spain this week and I found it pretty straight forward. Two of us both double jabbed and a 4 yr old. Heres a run down of what we did
Booked Day 2 (randox £43 each) tests and had them delivered before we went on the holiday.
Booked pre-flight tests in Spanish hospital online (40euro each) for 48hrs before flight home
Downloaded Vacc certs and printed out.
Filled in Spanish travel health form , received QR codes and printed them out too.
Boarding Passes (Ryanair) printed out.

Got to the airport, showed boarding passes , Vacc certs and SptH form to the lady at Ryanair desk when checking the kids buggy in. She marked on them that everything in order so no need to be checked again.
Airport (Liverpool) empty (20th July) so flew through customs much quicker than usual.
Landed, showed passports (stamped) , moved on to another desk where SpTH form QR code was scanned. DONE

48hrs before flight home, had the tests done, in and out in 15-20mins and got the negative results whilst having breakfast over the road.
Filled in gov.uk passenger locator form (5mins)
At Alicante airport , the Ryanair desks where busy with people checking luggage in. But staff coming round the queue checking Pre-flight test results and locator forms complete and giving you a slip to say all complete, so when at the desk no need to show them again. Efficient.
Through security quickly again. flew home.
At Liverpool , only showed passport. They are just selecting the odd person to check the locator forms have been done.
Day 2 tests done and sent off via Randox drop box. fingers crossed !

Because the airports where quieter than normal there was a lot less waiting and queuing than usual. If the boy wasnt starting school in a month we'd be going back , it has not put us off at all.

A few stats on BBC radio today:

UK Transport Secretary on the change of advice to recommending taking PCR tests before flying home. He said 9 out of 10 travellers were already getting PCR tests rather than antigen before coming back from Spain. That seems way off.

Willie Walsh, head of International Air Transport Association has been challenging the need for excessive testing and the level of usage in genomic sequencing research. He said since February 2021, almost 2.2million people have arrived back in the UK, of those 31,439 tested positive and of those only 8,000 were used for sequencing.

Very sad to report that I have just cancelled the hotel for our September trip.

Pressing that button was not an easy thing to do, but I simply could not take the risk of catching covid over there and getting stuck in an isolation hotel with a 3-year old in tow. Also seeing the 3-hour queues for arrivals at Heathrow did not help!

Absolutely gutted. The final straw was that a member of our group we went to Bestival with tested positive today, which has sent a wave of panic considering she was double jabbed and we were shouting conversations at each other all weekend in loud tents!

Next year...next year...

They must be thoroughly checking everything on the departure side then as when we got to Liverpool Airport we only had our passports checked. There was a sign up saying "Locator form Spot checks in operation" (or similar!).

They must be thoroughly checking everything on the departure side then as when we got to Liverpool Airport we only had our passports checked. There was a sign up saying "Locator form Spot checks in operation" (or similar!).
We got spot checked at Liverpool in June, it added about 2 minutes to an otherwise speedy exit!

Get to see what Manchester is like next week, was super easy last October compared to the usual queues

Just returned from Portugal and used these tests. Had the kits ordered and delivered before we left and took them with us. Dead easy to use and we had the certificates back by email within 12 hours. I think they were only £29 each.

Got our day 2 tests from Dante Labs which were £49 each. Ordered them online whilst we were over there so we could put the ref number on the passenger locator form. They had been delivered by the time we got home. Easy to use, posted them off and had the results back in a couple of days.

We used Dam for our pre holiday tests. Went to their clinic in Liverpool, £29 each and results back the next day.

It's a bit of a faff but worthwhile just to get away !

We're booked in for Ibiza at the start of September so will probably use all of the above again.

So my sister used this C19 test returning from Madeira yesterday. Just had to email a photo of passport and the negative test plastic thing to the company and had certificate back in a few hours. No 3rd party interaction abroad required and £29. They also managed to deliver it to her on a Saturday before flying out after ordering on Friday afternoon (DPD next day). You have to scan a QR code on the box to get usage instructions if it's your first time doing it but I did think to myself what would stop someone doing it before they even left the UK, then sending the photo etc within the 48 hours before. It's all a bit of a joke !!

Hello, in terms of traveling internally in Spain (ie to Ibiza) does anyone know do I need to do anything or the fact that I submitted the app and vaccination status when arriving in Barcelona ok? Cheers

Hello, in terms of traveling internally in Spain (ie to Ibiza) does anyone know do I need to do anything or the fact that I submitted the app and vaccination status when arriving in Barcelona ok? Cheers
Just locator form and vaccination status is good and enough

We flew from Stansted and had to show our negative test results, our Spain Travel app locator form and our boarding passes at the bag drop. These were all checked individually and we were given a slip of paper with a lot of scribbling on it that we had to show at the gate along with passports and boarding passes.

On arrival in Ibiza we had to show our Spanish travel app QR code and vaccination status (double jabbed and NHS app) and the kids had to show negative test certificates. Also got passports stamped which is a first!

We booked lateral flow tests through Salutlabs for Thursday morning and a lovely man called Danny came to our villa at 11am, took spit tests from everyone (no sticking things up your nose or throat) Cost €55 each and we all had our results and certificates emailed back to us by 4pm. Filled in our Passenger locator forms and had all Friday without any stress or fannying about. TIP- Do your forms on an ipad or laptop if possible, pain in the arse doing it on your phone

Leaving Ibiza we had our test results, UK GOV passenger locator forms and boarding passes all on our phones. Showed everything at check in and got another slip of paper each that we handed over when boarding.

Landed at Stansted and just went through border control using passport and nothing else was needed.

Delighted we went after all the waiting and doubts about it going ahead. A great 2 weeks relaxing in our villa and basically still doing everything we usually would except clubbing. San An was noticeably busier after the second weekend

One last thing, Security at Stansted was a shit show on the way out, our Ryanair flight was less than half full going out and coming back. Ibiza airport much quieter than usual but i suppose that's to be expected.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. So helpful as I've been really confused with all of the requirements when looking at the gov site.

Is that the SPTH iphone app.
I go in 4 weeks im making a check list.🤷🏼‍♂️View attachment 12350

Yes. You sign up for it and they send you an email. If you follow the link in the email they send then it takes you straight back into your form. You can fill in the first few parts before you go and then fill in the final bits once you have your negative test result (if needed)

I did it on my laptop, found using the phone was glitchy and kept giving me error messages

Pre-departure Test UK (PCR)
Spanish Health Form for entry into Ibiza (https://www.spth.gob.es/create)

Pre-departure Covid Test Ibiza (Antigen for going back to UK)
Day 2 Test (need the code for this for the passenger locator)
Day 8 Test (if needed)
Passenger Locator Form for entry into UK
Just to confirm that nothing has changed since I booked my tests last week. The pre departure tests are for non fully vaccinated adults?

Back