General international clubs discussion

The new owners were Scandinavian right ? Invested heavily and built a load of new smaller venues as well. Shame but I do wonder how the days of big commercial clubs are still viable

Seems they are Scandinavian yeh, bought it after the last owners went under in 2020.

Luminar Leisure, The Deltic Group, Rekom... it seems to be a ten year cycle that the group gets bought up and goes bust. Always manages to find a buyer and cling on though, although the size decreases each time as the worst performing venues are cut

The fundamentals might be the same, but I suspect some of the issues lie in the fact that operating a club in Hull comes with different demands to operating a club in Kingston-upon-Thames. One size doesn't fit all. That was always a problem in the past

No surprise that some of the personnel at a senior level have been around and allowed to operate in all 3 iterations - at least Rekom was already a company (in Nordics) - part of the problem perhaps

I think the newer smaller venues Rekom built had been successful as well

45k (!!) show in Finsbury Park for Bibi this summer. Profits going to Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
do you think this will be in the same place as for the other Finsbury park events they hold there? I didnt think the usual space would fit 45K, maybe im wrong.

I saw they are doing Anjuna Deep the weekend before Keinemusic again. I wouldn't have thought they'd keep that same stage up all summer long, the local residents wouldn't be best pleased.

do you think this will be in the same place as for the other Finsbury park events they hold there? I didnt think the usual space would fit 45K, maybe im wrong.

I saw they are doing Anjuna Deep the weekend before Keinemusic again. I wouldn't have thought they'd keep that same stage up all summer long, the local residents wouldn't be best pleased.
can’t see how - maybe something in the main park space ?

We’ve got this booked and super excited, Trance seems to be making a bit of a resurgence and I’m 100% here for it
Hoping it may be a slightly more mature crowd that aren’t Insta-Snap-Face-Tube-Toking the entire night which will be refreshing 🤞🏼
e9ba37b3-96a2-4411-adee-84f5b9de8601.jpeg

Went to KOKO last night for Jvngle (DJ set). Only tagged along, because a friend was working. Some decent music, but terrible mixing. Really nice friendly crowd though

KOKO looks amazing, but I dunno what it is about it, I just don't like it as a club

Bicep in Finsbury Park next summer. Also playing Brighton Beach- that one being announced completely passed me by

Went to KOKO last night for Jvngle (DJ set). Only tagged along, because a friend was working. Some decent music, but terrible mixing. Really nice friendly crowd though

KOKO looks amazing, but I dunno what it is about it, I just don't like it as a club

Never been able to be objective about it, as it will always be where we grew up, but it the very early 90s it was the most exiciting, dangerous and welcoming place we could ever imagine. Cash to the bouncers to get in through the fire exit, thinking tear gas being set off by hooligans enhanced 'refreshments'. The change in the crowd and music over the summer of '91, a lot of it being the same people who changed, as opposed to there actually being different people in there.

I remember East Side Beat 'Ride Like The Wind' as crossing the divide from people boozing and pulling to people dancing and pilling. It would be signal the shift in the evening and I remember it one night, probably the last where a voice on a mic wasn't an MC, with the DJ pointing out a bloke getting a girl's phone number.

Crazy P, Luke Una & Ross from friends all playing in the toon over next couple months

Dreamy!

Never been able to be objective about it, as it will always be where we grew up, but it the very early 90s it was the most exiciting, dangerous and welcoming place we could ever imagine. Cash to the bouncers to get in through the fire exit, thinking tear gas being set off by hooligans enhanced 'refreshments'. The change in the crowd and music over the summer of '91, a lot of it being the same people who changed, as opposed to there actually being different people in there.

I remember East Side Beat 'Ride Like The Wind' as crossing the divide from people boozing and pulling to people dancing and pilling. It would be signal the shift in the evening and I remember it one night, probably the last where a voice on a mic wasn't an MC, with the DJ pointing out a bloke getting a girl's phone number.

one for the forum Camdenites

Back