General international clubs discussion

sounds good thanks. Any restaurant recommendations would be welcomed!
There’s a few restaurants round the corner from where you’re staying (davantis - italian bang average, buddha lounge - chinese really nice and also do a bottomless brunch if thats your thing, llittle lobo - mexican again really nice, a greek/turkish style restaurant which is newish and has a weird name i’ve forgotten but thats top drawer, then there’s a couple of fish and chip restaurants Longsands for traditional fish and chips probs the best chippy in area and also rileys fish shack for more up market posher ‘fish and chips’

Also couple bars with decent food - ora & lola jeans probs the best

Fish quay is a lovely walk from tynemouth along the prominade where you’ll find even more bars and restaurants. Also just a 5 min walk from the venue.

I’d recommend food and drinks in tynemouth then a walk along to the fish quay before sunset, few drinks round there then onto the event!

Ps wrap up because its absolutley baltic here atm BUT the winter views across the beaches and north sea from the grand hotel are spectacular especially if there’s snow on the ground like there is at the min!

Hope that helps:lol:

Last edited:
Seems to me there are still things happening but you gotta travel far and wide. People travel from all over the country and beyond to party in places like Todmorden. Who could've imagined writing that a few years ago! I think what happens is that you get some sleepy town which gets an artier population moving in and then music scenes grow from there. Often it isn't in cities though now and they're not advertised that much to keep bad elements away.

There’s a few restaurants round the corner from where you’re staying (davantis - italian bang average, buddha lounge - chinese really nice and also do a bottomless brunch if thats your thing, llittle lobo - mexican again really nice, a greek/turkish style restaurant which is newish and has a weird name i’ve forgotten but thats top drawer, then there’s a couple of fish and chip restaurants Longsands for traditional fish and chips probs the best chippy in area and also rileys fish shack for more up market posher ‘fish and chips’

Also couple bars with decent food - ora & lola jeans probs the best

Fish quay is a lovely walk from tynemouth along the prominade where you’ll find even more bars and restaurants. Also just a 5 min walk from the venue.

I’d recommend food and drinks in tynemouth then a walk along to the fish quay before sunset, few drinks round there then onto the event!

Ps wrap up because its absolutley baltic here atm BUT the winter views across the beaches and north sea from the grand hotel are spectacular especially if there’s snow on the ground like there is at the min!

Hope that helps:lol:
Brilliant, cheers mate!

other than WHP, very slim pickings. A few one offs at alternative venues ie the Cathedral, Victorian Baths.

Joshua Brooks
Hidden
White Hotel
and Freight Island in the summer

It’s a shadow of its former self, bring back the 90s
depends what you’re looking for I guess but I think there’s plenty of good stuff on, I much prefer a small night nowadays, eg Partisan/Islington Mill, The Loft (aimed at a bit of a younger crowd but some good stuff), Soup has plenty of great stuff. There’s a night called Sticky Heat that had Optimo last week at The Yard. Loads more too.

But on the original point, white hotel is a great spot week in, week out. I just can’t quite hack the pace of regular 7am finishes any more.

Seems to me there are still things happening but you gotta travel far and wide. People travel from all over the country and beyond to party in places like Todmorden. Who could've imagined writing that a few years ago! I think what happens is that you get some sleepy town which gets an artier population moving in and then music scenes grow from there. Often it isn't in cities though now and they're not advertised that much to keep bad elements away.
Wouldn't disagree with that but some of these places have always been there under the radar, its just as a lot of super clubs and just clubs in general in cities have shut they are all that's left offering quality music. I remember there was a night in Todmorden in the nineties playing US house called Out in the Sticks but everyone was fixated on trance in the gatecrashers etc and it just did its thing, wonder if that's come back. Its always been a great tactic to do a night in a place you have to make an effort to get to, only the dedicated and truly interested will bother.

Saw Rampling in church, maybe in Shoreditch, in the early 2000s before he went loony. Think we hosted T2 at Turnmills with Leroy from Prodigy and shared a cab down there with him after. I flirted with "Jackie" from Grange Hill on the way out of said church. Might have been Boxing Day, Alex P and Brandon Block in the main room.

Or maybe it was all a dream.
Jackie 😍

The owner of the Pryzm and Atik chain in the UK has filed for administration. While this wont be a sad day for anyone above 21 it is a worrying sign of how unstable the nightclub industry is right now.

The owner of the Pryzm and Atik chain in the UK has filed for administration. While this wont be a sad day for anyone above 21 it is a worrying sign of how unstable the nightclub industry is right now.
The one here in Bristol is stupid big, 6 floors I think. Dread to think how much it costs to run on a Saturday night. Suspect that a drop in students going out 4x a week has had an impact on them too

The Arches has opened back up now, seen an Instagram video of Picotto playing there in December.
Yeah the people that run the Fly events through in Edinburgh got to take it over for a test run through the festive period there. But even then the number of nights got culled to just a handful.

Would have liked to have seen the set up compared to years ago but none of the lineups done much for me. Didn’t see any negative headlines about the nights so hopefully gives them free reign to host more frequent nights

The new owners were Scandinavian right ? Invested heavily and built a load of new smaller venues as well. Shame but I do wonder how the days of big commercial clubs are still viable

The one here in Bristol is stupid big, 6 floors I think. Dread to think how much it costs to run on a Saturday night. Suspect that a drop in students going out 4x a week has had an impact on them too

Here in Hull Atik is the last city centre club left, im about 100 years too old to enter so it doesnt affect me but we used to have about 3 big clubs 20 years ago.

Seems GenZ are drinking less and some teetotal, that combined with inflation means its tough for the city centre clubs. I also think some now prefer to save up and do a festival, Ibiza, warehouse project etc instead of every weekend at their local club.

Back