G20 Summit

He died of a heart attack, not sure how that fall will cause that.

Yeah, he must have been pretty fragile anyway, but the violence followed by an attempted PR whitewash is pretty terrible.

And it's not like I'm a bleeding heart liberal by any stretch of the imagination.

He was a newspaper seller apparently and not even there for the protests. He was on his usual daily route home. Poor bloke.

seen the footage...

from the direction he was walking from it seems like the rozzers were closing down that part of the road... when they got to the end of the road one of the men in green gave him a jab and probably told him move on pronto with the obligatory 0.5secs to do so... he ambles on hands in pockets (at this point judging by his body language he didnt look too perky), the camera moves and then he gets shoulder charged by someone very eager to dish out some punishment.

if the coppers told me to move, i would do so sharpish for fear of getting some baton on the back of me head.

he wanted to go home and by all accounts couldnt.
heightened stress levels + shoulder charge didnt help.
i know of a lot fitter people who have dropped dead with less.

But the Rozzers are not looking good by keeping schtum.

if the coppers told me to move, i would do so sharpish for fear of getting some baton on the back of me head.

I think I would've done the same as that bloke because there's no way in the world I'd ever expect a baton in the back of the head unless I was at the front of a mosh pit riot causing offense.

This sort of behaviour isn't acceptable, expected or normal from a police force by any stretch of the imagination.

I think I would've done the same as that bloke because there's no way in the world I'd ever expect a baton in the back of the head unless I was at the front of a mosh pit riot causing offense.

This sort of behaviour isn't acceptable, expected or normal from a police force by any stretch of the imagination.

so if a copper tells you to move, you ignore him, get whacked and then cry foul!

dont be having a go at the entire police force just because one officer decided to be Gene Hunt for a second.

:spank:

Gene Hunt! :lol:

You misunderstood me - I didn't say 'ignore', I meant move out of the way calmly without fear of getting whacked which is what I'd expect if I wasn't in a particularly crowded area causing no offence.

This isn't an attack on the whole force *cough* - well it kind of is I guess. :oops:

It's more of an attack on the entire operation on that day which was all about projecting anger and provoking from what I saw.

Gene Hunt! :lol:

You misunderstood me - I didn't say 'ignore', I meant move out of the way calmly without fear of getting whacked which is what I'd expect if I wasn't in a particularly crowded area causing no offence.

This isn't an attack on the whole force *cough* - well it kind of is I guess. :oops:

It's more of an attack on the entire operation on that day which was all about projecting anger and provoking from what I saw.

watch the video again. he has hands in pockets, head down, and is sauntering along with a mass of rozzers + killer fidos behind him - either he's on another planet or he was on the way to having a sean connery... we'll never know...

the entire operation was designed to keep disruption and damage to a minimum, knowing full well that a minority of troublemakers would be intent on wreaking havoc.

those said troublemakers are usually the ones hiding faces - dont know why they bother because it makes them stand out a mile.

whats the alternative? 2 PCSOs on every corner doffing hats and having idiots running about trashing the place?

next time you're a victim of crime, who you gonna call?

I'm all for heavy handed treatment when necessary but the first bit of aggression on this occasion came from the police (pre-empting danger perhaps but this is still the case)...not the beer swilling pierced up crusties that you speak of.

I'm all for heavy handed treatment when necessary but the first bit of aggression on this occasion came from the police (pre-empting danger perhaps but this is still the case)...not the beer swilling pierced up crusties that you speak of.

youre having a go at the rozzers for having some kind of organised plan to deal with the potential trouble makers...

i love the fact people show up for a big demo and remember to pack their scarves, placards and window breaking implements, yet forget to pack a lunch...

You weren't there and are just up for a ruck as usual. :rolleyes::lol:

I'm only saying what I saw...perhaps the kettling was necessary but the shields, aggression and shoving from the very start only served to provoke.

Bored now...can't be ar$ed to say this again.

pretty unprovoked at first view, what the footage doesn't reveal was were the rozzers shouting at him to move, because he looks like he could be deliberately taking his time in order to provoke the rozzers. either that or he's blissfully unaware of whats going on. Either way some fairly daming evidence there with an eventual tragic outcome!! Poor bloke!!

this is shocking yet unsurprising evidence of the neo-fascism prevalent in the UK police. The difference here is that this incident was filmed and they got caught out. It's not so much the strike which is shocking, bad as that is, but the complete indifference of his colleagues.

Innocent people in custody forced to sign confessions, migrants, miners, ravers, hippies, dissident groups, anti-establishment organisations, commuters, Irish Catholics, immigrants, motorists, pro-tibet protestors and many others have complained for years about the brutal nature of the british cops - to the fury of the Daily Heil - but now finally the truth is out.

the tragedy, post-menezes, is that nothing has changed and we remain marooned in a authoritarian state, run by numpties and policed by pea-brained robocops.

watch yer backs on that commute home...

this is shocking yet unsurprising evidence of the neo-fascism prevalent in the UK police. The difference here is that this incident was filmed and they got caught out. It's not so much the strike which is shocking, bad as that is, but the complete indifference of his colleagues.

Innocent people in custody forced to sign confessions, migrants, miners, ravers, hippies, dissident groups, anti-establishment organisations, commuters, Irish Catholics, immigrants, motorists, pro-tibet protestors and many others have complained for years about the brutal nature of the british cops - to the fury of the Daily Heil - but now finally the truth is out.

the tragedy, post-menezes, is that nothing has changed and we remain marooned in a authoritarian state, run by numpties and policed by pea-brained robocops.

watch yer backs on that commute home...

being neither a pierced up, cider swilling, mongrel walking crusty or a muslim lookalike..........I should be ok!! ;)

Back