Football Merry Go Round

As I said prior to all this, yesterday I was a very happy man.....sort of sorry to see chorly go but happy with the players that had come in....then it all started to unfold!!

crazy 36 hrs!!!

and yes MWG, coton did have a dodgy "magnum" tache but shaved it off in later life!!! probably heard that he could drink quicker without it!! :lol:

:lol:

Didn't he end up at Man U too for a while and also nearly lose a leg?

The Robinho story is just so bizarre..
Apparently he was crying to Real's president begging him to leave Real.. Now, I'm not exactly Real's biggest fan, but for a player to do that something has to be iffy.

If i'm honest I do think £33M is too much for him, but then I guess money isnt a problem at City anymore. Robinho on his day can be a match winner, but he's inconsistent, which is why Robben was ahead of him at Real.

Still I think the fans will love him.. he's also famous for loving the nightlife.. hope the Manchester clubs are ready ;)

I also think £30M for Berbs is too much, but only time will tell.. Will Alex play Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbs at the same time?

I think it's more of a statement of intent than anything else, City's new owners announcing their arrival on the scene. To be honest I do wonder how he will fit into Hughes' plans/system...Im sure he'll find a way though.

Yesterday was like being at a party, and having Kelly brook hanging off your arm all night and then at the end, when she buggers off with someone else, you leave and on the way out you bump into evalongoria and go home with her instead!! :lol:

:lol: trouble is though you won't spend the £30m wisely or give the young lad the support he will need and deserves....he'll be back at united next year and you'll still be 7 to 10 places behind us at the end of the season ;):lol:.

I'll be the first to admit the £30m is way to much but hey, I'm sure well get our money's worth.

i have faith in Ramos. not sure about Comolli tho with £20M+ burning a hole in his pocket!

I think it's more of a statement of intent than anything else, City's new owners announcing their arrival on the scene. To be honest I do wonder how he will fit into Hughes' plans/system...Im sure he'll find a way though
Imagine a 4-3-3 with Robinho, Jo and SWP? That's potent stuff!

petrov, elano & johnson behind??

then zabaleta, dunne, richards & kompany??

ben haim, ireland, glauber, gelson on bench?

hmmmm I like it

got the makings of a squad now that can deal with injuries, suspensions etc!!

be interesting if he plays swp & robinho against you guys next week?? :D

petrov, elano & johnson behind??

then zabaleta, dunne, richards & kompany??

ben haim, ireland, glauber, gelson on bench?

Think Fernandes is offski as Hughes doesn't seem to rate him. Ireland also looked to be on his way but he's improved greatly lately, although doesn't half blow hot and cold.

Makes the Benjani injury seem less of a worry. And to think that the last time the transfer window closed, it was all about our signing of Benjani! :lol:

Think Fernandes is offski as Hughes doesn't seem to rate him. Ireland also looked to be on his way but he's improved greatly lately, although doesn't half blow hot and cold.

Makes the Benjani injury seem less of a worry. And to think that the last time the transfer window closed, it was all about our signing of Benjani! :lol:

Im just not used to having more than one quality player per position, but we have a squad now...a squad that can mount a serious challenge for silverware.

Christ...i forgot about Benjani?? and when boji comes back too :eek:

Morbs...dont cry...you'll probably beat us ;)

Im just not used to having more than one quality player per position, but we have a squad now...a squad that can mount a serious challenge for silverware.

Christ...i forgot about Benjani?? and when boji comes back too :eek:

Morbs...dont cry...you'll probably beat us ;)

you city fans are getting a little two excited for my liking, I mean on paper yeah it looks good, in reality a team with a stack of money thrown at it doesn't win everything, Chelsea fans will agree with that for that after last season.........don't get me wrong its good for the club (I mean, having the highlight of your season beating united isn't a great aspiration :lol:) but you're still going to have alot to prove to make the top 4 turn into the top 5 which i keep hearing banded around.

au contrare msr dean.

my feet are firmly on the ground, yes it's exciting but I dont think we are going to break into the top 4 just yet, however I have a growing belief that we are now assembling a squad capable of having a good tilt at some long overdue silverware!!! across 3 competitions. with a great young manager. but I know it's not going to happen overnight.

saying that at 22-1 to lift the fa cup.........we are worth a crafty tenner ;)

saying that at 22-1 to lift the fa cup.........we are worth a crafty tenner ;)

with those odds so will I!

Here's a funny story....well for united fans anyway.

PROSPECTIVE Manchester City owner Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim has said he is prepared to bid a staggering £134million for United star Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window, according to a report.

Al Fahim, who is on the verge of taking over the Blues through his United Group for Development and Investment,
is determined to make City the biggest club on the planet.

Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," Al Fahim told Arabian Business, the newspaper that broke the original takeover story,

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160 million but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more, I would think $240 million.

"But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid
and Manchester United." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

with those odds so will I!

Here's a funny story....well for united fans anyway.

PROSPECTIVE Manchester City owner Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim has said he is prepared to bid a staggering £134million for United star Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window, according to a report.

Al Fahim, who is on the verge of taking over the Blues through his United Group for Development and Investment, is determined to make City the biggest club on the planet.

Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," Al Fahim told Arabian Business, the newspaper that broke the original takeover story,

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160 million but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more, I would think $240 million.

"But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what a load of old tosh :rolleyes:

You watch, the stories that are going to circulate in the coming weeks are going to be ridiculous. Torres for €150 million, Arshavin for €70,000,000 bla bla bla.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(although i would be happy for with that for Torres) :confused:

fecking MUEN

2 weeks ago we were spiralling into financial meltdown, and were having a fire sale just to pay staff wages :rolleyes:

Its daft headlines like that that makes us a laughing stock when things go tits up My advice to Dr Sulimain...stop largin it, just back the boss to the hilt when he wants a player!

Yes, I meant that a little tongue-in-cheek... although I've seen enough of that in the national UK press to not be surprised by a regional paper :lol:

"But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United.”

In the interview, conducted moments after the historic signing of the deal to buy the club, Al Fahim also reveals his wish list – Liverpool’s Fernando Torres and Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas are also seen as potential targets.

Keep your dirty mits of our Nando :evil:

Back