Football Merry Go Round

Alan Curbishley saved West Ham from the brink of relegation, gave them a respectable 10th place finish last season and yet the Hammers fans are still on his back??!! As a Charlton fan I can honestly say the man is an absolute legend and we'd have him back any day!

Alan Curbishley saved West Ham from the brink of relegation, gave them a respectable 10th place finish last season and yet the Hammers fans are still on his back??!! As a Charlton fan I can honestly say the man is an absolute legend and we'd have him back any day!

I wouldn't put Curbs down as the one that saved us really. I would say young Mark Noble, Zamora and or course Carlos Tevez had a say too.

I agree however with your comments. The problem is the style of football he has played and also his signings leave a lot to be desired injury wise that is. Not being disrespectful to Charlton but Sham fans expect and want more. Whether we deserve or warrant it is adifferent ball game. I am not in the category, I have had my fingers burned enough in my 30 odd years of following them so I don't chase the dream anymore, I will leave that to my boy as he grows up who can I blame me for his ridicule at school but at least we won't be a glory hunting band wagon jumping fan.

Last season yes we can tenth but I think we only got 9 or 10 more points than the year before when we stayed up last game of the season. That tells me we have become a bit like Charlton start well but fall away second half of the season and also the premeiership is not as strong as we think. Well the bottom half.

Also remember Curbs came in and done with Pardew doneand ignored one of the best midfielders in the world in Mascherano and only played Tevez due to fan pressure.

I like Curbs as at the end of the day he is a West Ham fan which every club wants their own to do well.

Also the fans were promised (albeit not by Curbs) this dream of European football etc and Champs League within 5 years but more chance of getting a french kiss of the pope. Saying that good win at the weekend and only 34 more points till we are safe!

Also the fans were promised (albeit not by Curbs) this dream of European football etc and Champs League within 5 years but more chance of getting a french kiss of the pope. Saying that good win at the weekend and only 34 more points till we are safe!
I'm not sure that Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson is quite rich enough to really make a big investment as has been initially floated. His son Thor is the big gun in the family.

Good win by the Hammers over the weekend though.

Curbs had us playing decent football considering the players he had. If some of the current pressure was taken off, he'd start being more adventurous & attacking. Sacking him and bringing in Billic would be a disaster.

fao morbyd

whats your feelings on Arshavin coming to spuds:?:
do you think palyuchenko is the key:?:

ps sorry about spellings:oops:

I'm not sure that Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson is quite rich enough to really make a big investment as has been initially floated. His son Thor is the big gun in the family.

Good win by the Hammers over the weekend though.

Yep, totally agree. The Biscuit Barons ain't quite the barons they made out to be. Didn't help by paying out silly salaries to players which put more strain on things.

Yes, bit flattering though Morbs but these are the games we should be winning and to be fair we have an ok start to the season which helps as you want to get points on the board early doors so you don't get sucked in.

Are Tottenham becoming your bogey side now Morbs??;)

I love the knee jerk reaction here in the press though, Roy Keane was a hero last week for winning at Tottenham and yet a week later apparently his position is being reviewed!! Same with O'Neil at Villa, brilliant opening day and week later after losing to Stoke. Can't wait for the Curbs for England chant!!:lol: Seriously though, England are in trouble. Although South Africa needs the English there just for the financial side of it, not footballing that's for sure!

Curbs had us playing decent football considering the players he had. If some of the current pressure was taken off, he'd start being more adventurous & attacking. Sacking him and bringing in Billic would be a disaster.

Yes agree with you again but Curbs has more better players now available to play with and his handling of bigger players is in question as never had to deal with it.

I think Billic would be mad to take on the job as he could have the pick of most clubs. Something to take note off, Billic was on £75k a year when he took Croatia to Euros and what was that Mclaren on? Also I bet members (member being the perfect word) of the FA were on more than Billic and for exactly doing what??

whats your feelings on Arshavin coming to spuds:?:
do you think palyuchenko is the key:?:

ps sorry about spellings:oops:
I think Pavlyuchenko will have more good days on the pitch than Arshavin would have for Spurs. He's more a striker than Arshavin, who is more of a winger. As I said earlier, haven't seen a lot of their play but judging by the England match in Moscow and Euro 08 performance, as well as Spartak's 2nd place run last year, Pavlyuchenko is quality.

If Arshavin stays in St Pete, as it looks like he will, then Real and Juventus should be very wary. He and Danny together is a powerful combination. Still trying to figure out why Dinamo Moscow would let Danny go...although 24 million pounds is a lot of reasons.

Tottenham been busy this morning, Pavlychencko & Coruka already.

Good player Chorley, but once we signed Zabaleta I knew he was off!!

Just been down the bookies and it was on Sky Sports news that City been taken over

"Our aim is to make Manchester city the best team in the premiereship..."

Tell you what I was gutted that DIC didnt take over LFC (theres hopes they still might). The Arabs are one of the few who isn't affected by the current economic climate, they dont know the meaning of the words credit crunch !!

Could be very good for city this, they probably wont burden the club with debts, and give you a huge transfer chest !!

"Our aim is to make Manchester city the best team in the premiereship..."

Tell you what I was gutted that DIC didnt take over LFC (theres hopes they still might). The Arabs are one of the few who isn't affected by the current economic climate, they dont know the meaning of the words credit crunch !!

Could be very good for city this, they probably wont burden the club with debts, and give you a huge transfer chest !!

apparently they have tried to hijack berbatovs transfer to the rags....:lol:

but he wont come to us, he wants champs league, still made me laught though!

apparently they have tried to hijack berbatovs transfer to the rags....:lol:

but he wont come to us, he wants champs league, still made me laught though!

I don't know, apparently we're signing a £30m player today! :eek:

How good did SWP look yesterday? I'm so giddy today. :lol:

Back