Football Merry Go Round

great signing, lets hope chelski haven't coached all the flair out of him!!!

not a bad bit of business either, ere chelsea, wanna borrow swp for 3 years? cost yer £11 million!!
He didn't lose his flair at Chelsea. He had flashes of greatness, and his runs were often very exciting.

His problem was inconsistency and that annoying tendency to either lose the ball or put in a wayward cross. His most consistent act was to take shots on goal that almost always skidded on the ground past the left post!

That said, I like SWP and wish him well.
That 11 million quid for 3 years was quite the ripoff though! I do feel for Roman... there really are 2 prices for every player (the higher one reserved for Chelsea) and if the club really want someone there's often no way out of it...

He didn't lose his flair at Chelsea. He had flashes of greatness, and his runs were often very exciting.

Gona be wasted at MCFC, should have come to LFC 8)

I do feel for Roman... there really are 2 prices for every player (the higher one reserved for Chelsea) and if the club really want someone there's often no way out of it...

:lol: I really feel for Roman too, It must be so hard being him :rolleyes: :lol: Seriously though, he made his bed when he started paying ott prices when he took over, as soon as CFC came in for any one, the chairmen rubbed their hands and then doubled their prices :lol:

:lol: and his 19 year old Barry - poor poor Roman :lol:

images
:lol: :lol:

:lol::lol:

think it's time for one of those justgiving.com fundraiser pages to help the guy out.

we can call it "poor roman"

any other Barca fans on here?

predicting 3rd in the league and early CL ko.... :(

story I heard from a reliable source this summer was that Joan Laporta used to take Deco and Ronaldinho out for a bit of nose-up at some "puta clubs" (brothels) and this had an inevitable impact on form and destroyed the dressing room... hence both getting shipped off in the summer, and him barely surving a no-confidence vote... :eek:

CFC should watch Deco like a hawk as he can be troublemaker #1 when it suits him...

Seriously though, he made his bed when he started paying ott prices when he took over, as soon as CFC came in for any one, the chairmen rubbed their hands and then doubled their prices :lol:
That was the big mistake. The haphazard spending in the first summer made it impossible to go back, really.

any other Barca fans on here?

predicting 3rd in the league and early CL ko.... :(

story I heard from a reliable source this summer was that Joan Laporta used to take Deco and Ronaldinho out for a bit of nose-up at some "puta clubs" (brothels) and this had an inevitable impact on form and destroyed the dressing room... hence both getting shipped off in the summer, and him barely surving a no-confidence vote... :eek:

CFC should watch Deco like a hawk as he can be troublemaker #1 when it suits him...

well the reliable source should know both gaucho and deco have never really needed any encouragement.

laporta has made mistakes and he likes to please (especially the stars), but i don't buy him being as stupid as that.

Laporta isn't the sharpest tool in the box. He talks the talk but for me, he is out of his depth in that job... the ill-discipline ran through the club from top to bottom

Sandro Rossell was the architect of the Ronaldinho buy and things began to fall apart when he left the club... the club lost millions this summer in a poor round of transfer poker - the brains aren't there right now

I really hope Guardiola can turn it around but he lacks the experience and possibly temperament...

That was the big mistake. The haphazard spending in the first summer made it impossible to go back, really.

yes johnny, i can just see all the mortlake & putney lads in the matthew harding stand, in their boaters, cords & gant jumpers rueing (sp?) the day that chelsea signed drogba, cole j, essien, cole a, shevchenko etc, etc!!! :lol:

Laporta isn't the sharpest tool in the box. He talks the talk but for me, he is out of his depth in that job... the ill-discipline ran through the club from top to bottom

Sandro Rossell was the architect of the Ronaldinho buy and things began to fall apart when he left the club... the club lost millions this summer in a poor round of transfer poker - the brains aren't there right now

I really hope Guardiola can turn it around but he lacks the experience and possibly temperament...

Could work the other way as he is Barca through and through. Great player in his day but great players don't always make great managers. I hope he turns it round as Barca were woeful last year. Eto will be the man this year but still lack a few players to really challenge this year.

It done us a favour as when we got relegated everyone was sniffing round our players offering peanuts for them. Then all of a sudden Roman comes in and gives us over £6m for Glen Johnson who had only played 16 times and all of sudden we were getting good money for our players.

It done us a favour as when we got relegated everyone was sniffing round our players offering peanuts for them. Then all of a sudden Roman comes in and gives us over £6m for Glen Johnson who had only played 16 times and all of sudden we were getting good money for our players.
I'm pretty confident it was the best ever example, in any sphere of life and at any point in the history of man, of Ronald Reagan's theory of trickle-down economics :lol:

I see Real Madrid are unhappy that Chelsea are unsettling their player by printing up (well pre-order) Robinho shirts in advance of the impending signing!

People in glass houses!!! :lol:

I see Real Madrid are unhappy that Chelsea are unsettling their player by printing up (well pre-order) Robinho shirts in advance of the impending signing!

People in glass houses!!! :lol:
I can't believe the press is making such a big deal about that Robinho shirt thing :spank:

The outside contractor that runs the online store got the page ready, just in case the deal goes through. Normal practice.

They accidentally made the page accessible for a few minutes. Happens all the time (I read this one tech gadget blog, and mistakes like that is how they get half their new product specs ahead of schedule :lol:)

Reading the press reports, you'd think that the heirarchy of Chelsea gathered in a room and decided to do that on purpose!

But does appear Real are being a bit of a pain in the backside over this transfer after already agreeing to it....

Back