Flights to Ibiza

Few weeks ago it was 180 return for Dublin to ibiza then ibiza to Belfast, but wen I went to book last week it was up to 280. I'm going to leave it a month and hopefully it falls again.
First week in June

Current price for 2 adults and 2 children (all full fare passengers) flight only £1658 plus baggage in July from Belfast. Jet2. Those prices totally stink. A 100 mile leisurely drive to Dublin and its £759....sláinte Michael O'Leary! Which means yet again I get hotel and flights for the same price as a flight only from my home city. July is a major holiday month in NI and I expect to pay a premium, but those prices are more vertical than steep in comparison to down the road.

Had to fly home early last Sunday as I came down very ill - got done for £350 one way via Madrid to Gatwick (Air Europa then Norwegian). F'kin BA also refused to refund my Tuesday flight which had cost me 250 Euros. So well over £500 in total to get home. My 'free' £25 Avios outbound flight limited the damage somewhat but was still the second totally outrageous flight price sting this year. Don't remember things ever being remotely as bad in years gone by. They need far more flights next year and more competition on this route.

Crazy. Some of the routes are outrageous. I saw Jason Bye complaining to Jet2 via Twitter a couple of weeks ago. €600 one way from Ibiza to Leeds/Bradford mid October. Out of interest I actually went through the whole booking process for the Jet2 Belfast>Ibiza flight I was talking about earlier in the thread, adding in required luggage, seats, card charges. Total price was £1908. FLIGHT ONLY.

Total price was £1908. FLIGHT ONLY.

Time to fly from London or find somewhere else to go for your holidays, mate if that's what they are wanting. Couple of times over last 3 years I've taken one look at the prices and decided I was priced out of the market. We all know flight and hotel are the tip of the iceberg in terms of what you spend in Ibiza, even on a 3-day trip. When it gets to the point where you're £600 - £700pp down before you've eaten, hired a car/boat or paid for clubs/drinks/taxis then it's just rubbish value for money as a holiday (and I love the place). This year I went to Ibiza twice for short trips but also went to Menorca, Zante and Porquerolles, and enjoyed all of them in different ways just as much. It has to be said that this part of the Cote d'Azur was at least as pricey as Ibiza if not more so (apart from boat hire which was decent value because they had the perfect match for what I wanted) and flights also expensive in September. But Menorca (apart from the Apartment) was much cheaper and Zante was crazily good value with masses to do by boat and car, really loved it there.

I went for the Dublin option which all in came to £900 for 4 of us incl baggage, seats etc. Then £900 for the apartment for 2 weeks. But yep I wont rule out nipping to London and onwards to destinations to avoid these ridiculous fares. Might look at somewhere else in the spring for a short break. Have heard good reports about Menorca too actually. There are great options from Dublin these days and its only a 90 min drive max from Belfast. Its just bizarre they are charging almost £500 per person and the flights have only been released a few weeks ago. There's no way its close to capacity already. Theyll probably drop at some point but I cant be bothered playing the game. Car hire prices are also escalating. Prices have doubled on the site I booked on a few weeks back. Id better pre book a Pedaloe now in case those prices go haywire too! ;)

So far I got Ryanair Ibiza - gla prestwick £32 each for me and the misses on the 1st July just need a flight to Ibiza now.The last 2 years has been pretty cheap from Glasgow area but coming back has been expensive so when I seen these prices I jumped at it hope to be flying out on the 26th June which is a Sunday which has been a cheaper day to fly for as long as I remember I'm hopping to get me and my wife return flights for £250 ish

Airlines are well known to sting football supporters on flights once the date of a game has been set... Does anyone think that they are now doing, and have been slowly implementing over the past few years, to anyone who doesn't have the kind of money to be throwing around on a VIP lifestyle on holiday??

As far as i can see, it's exactly the same as the football situation... The average guy is slowly being priced out of everything! :(

Airlines aren't stupid... They can see massive profit when it's there to be taken... :(

Who knows what ridiculous prices they will "come up with" for the days surrounding the Space Closing Party next year... I fear that i might be priced out of it altogether!! :(

If the price of fuel continues to fall, soon it really will be more cost effective for four ppl to jump in a car and make the drive+ferry.

Know people that do this already, several times a season, and say it is worth it for the craic. Although obviously the travel time would eat into most ppl's annual leave. I think I'd be tempted to at least give it a try.

Car hire prices are also escalating. Prices have doubled on the site I booked on a few weeks back. Id better pre book a Pedaloe now in case those prices go haywire too! ;)

This happens every year - massive raid on people who have to book time off work and must travel on particular dates, then the prices collapse early next year once bookings slow down. What's really changed is that last-minute flights have become very expensive early in the Season and also post-Space closing. After schools break up has always been stupidly expensive and also September at least £220pp for several years now.

J
This happens every year - massive raid on people who have to book time off work and must travel on particular dates, then the prices collapse early next year once bookings slow down. What's really changed is that last-minute flights have become very expensive early in the Season and also post-Space closing. After schools break up has always been stupidly expensive and also September at least £220pp for several years now.
Just checked my records, i booked my sept 15 flights in January with Ryanair and it was 90 return. Im going to start looking then.

I just got home today ibiza-Dublin . everyone on the flight were from northern Ireland.

They've the same idea as me then!! I try to do everything i can to avoid flying from Belfast... Firstly, because it's a rip off, and that's even accounting for the 20 euro return bus to Dublin Airport... Secondly, the flight times are a complete joke and if you happen to be unfortunate enough to be flying early on Sunday or on a pathetic religious holiday then you may as well forget about being able to buy a beer, thanks to the bible basher politicians up here whop still haven't kicked the bucket yet unfortunately!!

I think/hope they could get cheaper. I got married in Ibiza May just gone and was looking very closely at prices this time last year and into the new year. Not sure all airlines will have added flights yet and the likes of easy jet/BA will only have added limited flights. From my experience last year they were a fair bit cheaper in Jan as Diver mentions.

Just had a quick look…can do easy jet out on 24th May, return 1st June for £138 return (depart gatwick, return gatwick)…doesn't seem too heavy? Admittedly if you fly out any later than 24th it becomes horrific for the outbound flight...

There were a huge amount of people from Northern Ireland staying in the Dublin airport hotel we were at before we flew out in July. We kind of need our main holiday booked earlyish for various reasons but for any other trips away next year Ill be leaving the flight hunt until closer to departure and will certainly heading to Dublin or via mainland UK if needs be as Belfast is out of the question for ££ reasons and as @ric says, flight times are not always the best.

Back