Flights to Ibiza

I know it'll be a fraction of your wage, but according to gov.uk you can claim SSP for self-isolating

We are due to fly on Aug 28th but have to pay holiday balance next Friday and after that it's non changeable/refundable unless the airline cancels. So have to make a tricky decision 3 weeks before the holiday about the likelihood of an air corridor announcement. Unfortunately jobs won't let us quarantine for 14 days so it's all or nothing. What would you do?

I'm in the same situation , put paid in full for 5 nights September 9th. Checking news everyday hoping to see regional corridor. Whole thing burning my head out . Defo lose flight money no matter what as ryanair not cancelling any flights .

Should we be expecting more flights to be released? Just checked late May early June and was getting prices of near £800 returno_O

Should we be expecting more flights to be released? Just checked late May early June and was getting prices of near £800 returno_O
I think some airlines are holding back to see what happens, like Iberia do not have any direct flights from London at the moment for 2021 (which is annoying as I have £200-worth of vouchers burning a hole in my pocket!). I'm sure flights will start getting added once the picture becomes a bit clearer for next season.....

I think some airlines are holding back to see what happens, like Iberia do not have any direct flights from London at the moment for 2021 (which is annoying as I have £200-worth of vouchers burning a hole in my pocket!). I'm sure flights will start getting added once the picture becomes a bit clearer for next season.....

am pretty sure this is the case yeah.

You can book Condor for 2021 from Germany for normal prices. Lufthansa is also not very expensive ( 15 E one way ). Its cheap for them

Was thinking pretty much that, seeing outgoing flights at £450 was abit of a shock though haha, I know people are desperate to get back like:lol:

airlines currently want to get their schedules on sale as early as possible to generate revenue especially if the route is typically part of their core. (Something an airline fly year on year). Also flying to an airport that is congested like Ibiza means they would likely not want to lose their position.

I wouldn't imagine airlines are 'holding back to see what happens'. It will likely be more pressing issues

Given airlines are selling tickets and cancelling routes or flights a few days later, I doubt that is stopping them selling tickets

I've been watching youtube - Ryanair have either bought some new planes or they are altering the interiors, basically more seats in the same space so we lose 2" "pitch" on our seats. The new planes have more emergency exits - as there are more on-board, so there will be more seats with extra leg-room....at a price.

To be fair to RA, many airlines (Whizz?) have the same seat pitch as Ryanair will have,and it's only 2.5hrs to Ibiza from the UK anyway (OK pedants, 3 from Glasgow).

Ryanair have announced 8 new routes from Belfast City Airport for Summer 2021 including Ibiza. Which should shake up the fares here as Jet2 were quoting around £450 per person for July just last week.
Nonstop is $141 round-trip on easy jet, ~120 euro RT

Back