Films....

Yeah series 1 put alot of people off watching series 2 when it was on Tv.. I know people that watched 3 first then 2 and 1..:confused: and a local Waterford girl plays Tommys bird in it..:)

she's also very nice ... fell in love a few times watching. :oops:

ruth bradley has now been snapped up by a major US tv network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched The Impossible and Moonlight Kingdom tonight.
Two totally different films but both top notch!
Ewan McGregor was a bit of a weak link in The Impossible but Naomi Watts was stellar and there were a couple of points where you couldn't help but get emotional. Riveting true story.
Moonlight Kingdom was just a sweet fairy tale. Good one to watch with the missus (if you have one :confused:)

Djanjo Unchained. 8/10

As a big Tarintino fan I was expecting something different...... more of a classic western maybe. Some great and fun scenes but the script as always was sharp and quintessentially Tarintino. More commercial than most of his last movies and the western version of the classic Kill Bill action scene where Uma slices 100's of Yakuza fighters in a Tokyo restaurant was fun...lots of blood but with bullets instead of blades and hatchets.

Lincon 5/10 Went to see this in the cinema. Nearly fell asleep. Day Lewis acting was the highlight of a boring movie which is way over hyped for what it is. Im sure Americans will love it for its cultural and historical references.

Djanjo Unchained. 8/10

As a big Tarintino fan I was expecting something different...... more of a classic western maybe. Some great and fun scenes but the script as always was sharp and quintessentially Tarintino. More commercial than most of his last movies and the western version of the classic Kill Bill action scene where Uma slices 100's of Yakuza fighters in a Tokyo restaurant was fun...lots of blood but with bullets instead of blades and hatchets.

Lincon 5/10 Went to see this in the cinema. Nearly fell asleep. Day Lewis acting was the highlight of a boring movie which is way over hyped for what it is. Im sure Americans will love it for its cultural and historical references.

I agree, went to see lincoln yesterday and daniel day lewis is great but it really plods along.

Also saw zero dark thirty over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Watched The Woman at the weekend. Looks like a typical gore and titillation type film, but is actually intelligent and genuinely disturbing.

Saw Silver Linings Playbook last week. It's split the critics down the middle, but I really enjoyed it. Some very funny scenes.

Jennifer Lawrence is brilliant in it. Robert De Niro's best screen performance in years, possibly decades. And Chris Tucker's turn is hilarious!

A gripping fact-based drama on the subject of mental health this is not, but still entertaining.
Watched this last night and loved it. Really associated with some of Bradley Cooper's character after some things I went through last year!

Watched Zero Dark Thirty on Saturday. Also top notch! Very much Kathryn Bigelow's style - straightforward storytelling without a lot of Hollywood excess.

Fell asleep during Argo the other night. I'll have to try to watch it again, and preferably not while lying down on the sofa after dinner. It started off well... could get interesting.

Speaking of post-dinner narcolepsy, I went to see Lincoln in the cinema over the Xmas holidays with the parents while slightly jetlagged after a big Mexican dinner and about a liter of margarita. Needless to say, I slept like a baby through 90% of the film!

Decided to watch The Sweeney last week - wasnt impressed. i think i expected a bit more so was a bit dissapointed by it

Back