Films....

Looking forward to watching Lawless in the next few weeks. And I reckon The Watch is prob gonna good for a few laughs!

Without meaning too, I've also ended up watching Gladiator twice in the space of a fortnight simply because I was flicking through the channels and it happened to catch my eye.

Started watching for a few minutes, and couldn't turn it off. Absolutely epic. Even the score is rousing.

Looking forward to watching Lawless in the next few weeks. And I reckon The Watch is prob gonna good for a few laughs!

Without meaning too, I've also ended up watching Gladiator twice in the space of a fortnight simply because I was flicking through the channels and it happened to catch my eye.

Started watching for a few minutes, and couldn't turn it off. Absolutely epic. Even the score is rousing.

Went to see lawless at the weekend and it was very good, guy pearce is always a sure thing.

Watched Dredd 3D tonight and have to say I loved it. I've been a fan of 2000AD the comic and Judge Dredd for donkey's years and was mortified by the Stallone film but this redresses the balance nicely- very dark with plenty of action and gore and with some of the pathos and black humour found in the comics. If they'd had the same budget as the first film it would have been stunning but it was still a bloody good effort! My only gripe was that the 3D was a bit hit and miss but it's still well worth a watch.

Watched Johnny Mad Dog last night - brilliant, disturbing film about African child soldiers, the kind of thing that sticks in your mind and makes you feel angry about the state of the world. :evil:

Went to see The Sweeney on friday and i had pretty low expectations and i still came out dissappointed. It was terrible and had huge plot gaps.

Also watched the lincoln lawyer ( really enjoyed it ) and last exit to brooklyn, and it was even more grim than i remembered.

Went to see The Sweeney on friday and i had pretty low expectations and i still came out dissappointed. It was terrible and had huge plot gaps.

Also watched the lincoln lawyer ( really enjoyed it ) and last exit to brooklyn, and it was even more grim than i remembered.

Oh really? :confused: i have seen a few friends reviews on fb and they thought it was really good :confused: but everyone is different, i will still probably see it eventually.

Lawless is another one i wana see and the new james bond one :rolleyes: only because the bf wants to see it :rolleyes:

think we have the lincoln lawyer recorded and the bf said that was a real good film aswell, yet to watch it as usual lol

Ordered a little load of Blu Rays (5 for £30 on HMV site): Drive, Never Let Me Go, Kill List, Tyrannosaur and Wuthering Heights (newest version). Looking forward to them!

Ordered a little load of Blu Rays (5 for £30 on HMV site): Drive, Never Let Me Go, Kill List, Tyrannosaur and Wuthering Heights (newest version). Looking forward to them!

Drive is brilliant and has a real old feel to it. The kill list and tyrannosaur are both good but very heavy. Enjoy.

Drive came yesterday and it is indeed awesome. I like the way it feels quite tame and 'why is this an 18?' for a good part of it, then suddenly changes gear (no pun intended).

Reminded me quite a bit of the 2nd half of Lost Highway (one of the best films ever made ;)).

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got round to watching the film Submarine which i'd sky+ the other week.

fabulous little film...was like a belle & sebastien song brought to life...have to say alex turner done a great job with the music as well on it.

paddy considine played a blinder in the film also8)

Saw " killing them softly" at the weekend and i'm no brad pitt fan but it was great. Looking forward to the remake of " pusher " and taken 2.

Never Let Me Go last night. Having read the book, I was expecting a lump in the throat throughout, but wasn't that bad... Very classy film, though - gorgeous cinematography and great performances from Andrew Garfield (apparently the latest Spiderman) and Carey Mulligan (quickly becoming one of my fave film ho's.. I mean actresses :lol:).

SLooking forward to the remake of " pusher " and taken 2.

seriously how can you look forward to Taken 2 when the first film was sutch utter ridiculous rubbish? apart from the fact than Liam Niesen is bad man of course haha

'i will find you...And I will kill you..." Its an Arnie worthy line deffo.

'Taken' would have been good if there had been any tension in it, but you never got the sense Neeson's character was in danger.

Watched 'Kill List' - brilliant and will watch again. It didn't 'surprise' me but I reckon there's more to the film than I got on first viewing. "Tyrannosaur" was good too, the woman's story particularly devastating, the actress who played her amazing.

It does look like 4/5 of the films I got in the 5 for £30 deal are made by film four and will be on the box v. soon. :rolleyes:

Watched Looper last night.

Still in 2 minds as to whether it's great or distinctly average. Acting was great, plot idea is brilliant. Parts of it are tediously slow, but other parts have you fully engaged. May have to watch it again.

Not many films have made me leave the cinema thinking 'that was excellent' recently. Don't know whether my brain is changing in taste or Hollywood is slowly dieing. Batman TDKR and Spiderman I thought were average films too.

In the back of a van with a sack on his head Bryan(Liam Neeson) starts taking note of the turns and the sounds of men praying and dogs barking,which he`ll recall later in a bid to find his wife..:lol: this is from a review in one of todays papers.

Not many films have made me leave the cinema thinking 'that was excellent' recently. Don't know whether my brain is changing in taste or Hollywood is slowly dieing. Batman TDKR and Spiderman I thought were average films too.

Most Hollywood films are average to crap these days, and do we really need more superhero movies? (Or Bond movies... or needless sequels? :rolleyes:) Seem to be drawn to far more British and foreign (not American ;)) films now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back