Films....

Robbed up some dvds from my sisters fella a couple of weeks back, one being the thin red line......its a meh film, was sh*t but wasnt great and i probably wouldnt recommend it.

In the last few weeks I've watched:

The Dark Knight Rises - not overly impressed 6/10; by far the weakest film of the trilogy IMO?

The Cabin in the Woods - strange film, did not expect it. Enjoyable film 6.5/10

The Amazing Spiderman - maybe I'm getting tired of reboots, but didnt seem to applaud it as much as my friends have. 6/10

21 Jump Street - hilarious, loved it and thought I wouldn't. 7.5/10

Oh, and the best film I've seen this month.....Tekkonkinkreet. A japanese anime film. Loved it, best anime film I've seen 8.5/10

The three stooges is great fun..Didnt know it was a Farrelly Brothers movie till it was over..Larry David and Kate Upton as nuns it could have been alot worse..

Finally watched 'Drive' last night - really good. The mood of the film is what makes it. You are then shocked with that happens later in the film.

8/10

Yea and i normally like war films, however this one didnt do it for me really....still a massive fan of the classics, saving private ryan, pearly harbour :lol: etc

The Thin Red Line is a million times better than either of those, and it doesn't have Tom Hanks in it, thank f***! ;) It's a different sort of war film. I guess it's maybe just a bit too slow and ponderous for some folk, but that's why I like it, all the voiceovers and war being framed as a crime against nature almost.

The Thin Red Line is a million times better than either of those, and it doesn't have Tom Hanks in it, thank f***! ;) It's a different sort of war film. I guess it's maybe just a bit too slow and ponderous for some folk, but that's why I like it, all the voiceovers and war being framed as a crime against nature almost.

Terence malik can be a bit of an aquired taste, anybody seen " tree of life" in my opinion it's two hours of nonsense high brow arty bulls**t.

A couple of classic war film's, apocalypse now and platoon " barnes been shot seven times and he ain't dead, Does that mean anything to you, huh?, Barnes ain't meant to die. The only thing that can kill barnes is barnes"

The attention span of the yoof of today:!: :rolleyes: :spank:

Oi, piss off :spank: i just get easily distrated, us woman do when theres things like washing and cleaning to be done :lol: so if i know im not gona enjoy a film and its going on long, then i will just sack it off - my time is too precious 8)

On the telly,Saturday 1st Sept 11.35 BBC2, SoulBoy one for the Mods...."pushes all the right buttons if you're willing to overlook it's modesty of ambition.Northern soul aficionados will love the tunes"....Wigan stuff.

Watched the first 8 episodes of Breaking Bad series 5 over the weekend..fu*kin brill...:D Have to wait until next year for the final 8 in the series now...:evil:

Back