Films....

Jenifer Aniston is amazing from a females opinion - if i look like her when im 40 odd, which is highly unlikely tbh - i would be well chuffed :lol:

I may be incredibly sad and go to the cinema on my own to see Prometheus on Saturday night

I was thinking the same sometime over the long weekend :oops:

Missus working straight through and wouldn't enjoy the film anyhow. Got some mates I could go with but don't fancy tying myself down to times.

really looking forward to seeing it as well .....but its taking a hammering so far in the reviews :(
It's got a 63% score on Metacritic and 87% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes so the reviews aren't all bad. Plus, Noomi Rapace is awesome (and Guy Pearce and Idris Elba are two of my favorite actors)

Really looking forward to seeing this! I hope it comes to the English-language theater here although unlikely to be 3D :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Total Film reviews says:

You can relax. Prometheus is very good. Not as frightening as Alien, not as thrilling as Aliens, but a 3D sci-fi blockbuster that's easily the saga's most spectacular entry.

You can relax. Prometheus is very good. Not as frightening as Alien, not as thrilling as Aliens, but a 3D sci-fi blockbuster that's easily the saga's most spectacular entry.

I plan on seeing it this weekend will give the tekillya a break this weekend.

I watched it last night at midnight. I love films but scifi is not top of my list of genres but I really enjoyed it, fast paced fassbender was awesome. it made me squeam and squirm on a few occasion which is a good thing. The 3d was good not too much coming out of screen but like the characters we're really in front. I love idris and Charlize and neither dissappointed. I imagine genuine fans or enthusiasists will have enjoyed but still not better than aliens.

Snow white and huntsman very good dark version, dwarfs were good and normally annoying Kirsten stewart didn't make me cringe every time she came on screen which was a nice change.

Avengers and what to expect when your expecting both very good too

Sin City - how I hadn't seen before I don't know. Great film - really, really enjoyed it. The comic book style it's shot in really makes it different. If there's a whole genre of these and someone wants to recommend some, I'd appreciate it!

Re-watched Kill Bill too. Still amazing. Could do without Tarantino's foot fetish though, seen as Thurman's feet are a bit gnarled.

Prometheus - can't help but be a bit dissapointed TBH. Was ok, visually great. A major part of the plot seemed shoehorned in and was completely at odds with the denouement.

Football Factory:lol: - Danny Dyer/Dire. One of the few footy films I hadn't seen. Hilarious though I'm guessing that wasn't the intention.

Sin City - how I hadn't seen before I don't know. Great film - really, really enjoyed it. The comic book style it's shot in really makes it different. If there's a whole genre of these and someone wants to recommend some, I'd appreciate it!

Re-watched Kill Bill too. Still amazing. Could do without Tarantino's foot fetish though, seen as Thurman's feet are a bit gnarled.

Prometheus - can't help but be a bit dissapointed TBH. Was ok, visually great. A major part of the plot seemed shoehorned in and was completely at odds with the denouement.

Football Factory:lol: - Danny Dyer/Dire. One of the few footy films I hadn't seen. Hilarious though I'm guessing that wasn't the intention.

Sin city is fantastic and there has been a sequel rumoured for quite some time, i thought mickey rourke was graet as marv, there is one other movie along the same lines called " the spirit "
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831887/

Buti've never seen it so can't comment.

Ah Sin City, my favourite film of all time - can't wait for the next one, if it ever gets made :p

I enjoyed it. Could have done with another 30 mins or so to help explain a few things. Further clarification may introduce spoilers ;) The inevitable directors cut may address this. Not sure why many reviews say it has nothing to do with the Alien films as it clearly does?!? :eek: I realised I have the Alien quadraligy at home so the next morning I watched Ressurection which was cheesy and the first one which is amazingly good considering it's age. All in all Prometheus stacked up very well in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
very dissapointed with Prometheus .... visually decent yeah with a few squirms.... was hoping for a few answers but never came.....

dont think it would make a difference either watching it in 3D or not.....

4/10

Watched Parked over the weekend... another Irish film starring Colm Meaney... thought it was a bit sh*t to begin, but quickly got drawn into the characters. Quite a sad story, but very watchable. 8/10.

Other Irish films worth a watch... Intermission, The Guard, The Match Maker, Snapper, The Van, The Wind That Shakes the Barley, Bloody Sunday, Michael Collins & Hunger.

Bridesmaids - actually quite funny altho it is a classic rom com ala 4 weddings and a funeral just alot funnier

Back