Films involving/about ibiza

Just finished White Lines. Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but nothing incredible. Thought it was better than the mist recent season of Money Heist tbh. Started out with some real cringey rave scenes. But after the first few episodes I thought they did a decent job developing the characters. They def set up for season 2.....I’d watch it.

You may be quite right.

I know though I was taken aback when I booked out of Los Angeles with Iberia. It was expensive; though I did end up cancelling... I think it's a more practical avenue from London, or if you're already in Europe somewhere.

The other part is I don't know where the film crew would be coming from. I could be that they're from Mallorca or Croatia like you're saying. I didn't know that.

Ibiza was American made and White Lines UK made although I'd guess they use local crew where possible. Someone posting on here was involved in the film Ibiza I've read earlier in this thread. I'm in England and always try and get our return flights for around about the £120 mark. Usually can do that if you book at the right time so yea that's one of the few things that's cheaper for us.

Are there any?

I think documentaries are the safe bet. I enjoyed More. A short film about chilling is cool. Going to check out that Cala Nova docu (
)

Also I like the look of the John Sa Trinxa film. Anyone know where to find it, even to rent?

Edit - I see spotlight were at the premier

Last edited:
Managed to Episode 6 of 'White Lines' before deciding I couldn't take any more pain & skipped to Episode 10 to find out 'who dunnit.'

Truly shocking acting & accents, only one to come out with some some of credibility is 'Boxer'. Plot is awful, only counted 1 scene in Ibiza and the club scenes are cringe to any raver.

If you want a good series, for any breaking bad fan- Better Call Saul is a must watch - as well as Ozark, season three really is good!!

Managed to Episode 6 of 'White Lines' before deciding I couldn't take any more pain & skipped to Episode 10 to find out 'who dunnit.'

Truly shocking acting & accents, only one to come out with some some of credibility is 'Boxer'. Plot is awful, only counted 1 scene in Ibiza and the club scenes are cringe to any raver.

If you want a good series, for any breaking bad fan- Better Call Saul is a must watch - as well as Ozark, season three really is good!!
I'm on episode 9. I actually like it though... lol! ?

I'm curious a little about Ozark, and have plans to watch Grey's Anatomy once this runs out as well.

We’ve got 2 left to watch on White Lines and although a little f***ed up I think 7 and 8 were decent. The Boy upset a Lot of people! Parts are naff and some wonky acting but it’s tongue in cheek and easy viewing. Boxer is a good character

I'm on episode 9. I actually like it though... lol! ?

I'm curious a little about Ozark, and have plans to watch Grey's Anatomy once this runs out as well.

Ozark and Better Call Saul were the best of the year so far imo. White Lines was fun enough, and I’m glad it was deeper than what I thought it would be after the first two episodes.

Ozark and Better Call Saul were the best of the year so far imo. White Lines was fun enough, and I’m glad it was deeper than what I thought it would be after the first two episodes.

Did you just use the words 'White Lines' and deep(er) in the same sentence?

;)

Someone reminded me today of the bit where Boxer (one of the top security guards on the island) takes up painting and enjoys painting feet.

?

White Lines is brilliant. I hope they make more! :)

I just finished episode 10 and it feels like I've just awoken from a nightmare. It was really emotional. That strange feeling that you can't quite shake after an intense dream... That's the feeling I've got.

For those who live there, it must come as sort of a shock to see a representation of your home that seems foreign and perhaps even ill motivated. From the perspective of an outsider, I feel like part of my mind went to Ibiza with those characters and lived in that world together among them.

It's bizarre the way we as humans experience cinema or even television. We become involved in the plot. The emotional connection is visceral! There's something so powerful and ethereal about that. White Lines is no exception. Every plot twist was a rollercoaster! ?

Last edited:

I just finished episode 10 and it feels like I've just awoken from a nightmare. It was really emotional. That strange feeling that you can't quite shake after an intense dream... That's the feeling I've got.

For those who live there, it must come as sort of a shock to see a representation of your home that seems foreign and perhaps even ill motivated. From the perspective of an outsider, I feel like part of my mind went to Ibiza with those characters and lived in that world together among them.

It's bizarre the way we as humans experience cinema or even television. We become involved in the plot. The emotional connection is visceral! There's something so powerful and ethereal about that. White Lines is no exception. Every plot twist was a rollercoaster! ?

You are in luck, its been commissioned for a second season. Hopefully they can film more in Ibiza if its quiet this year!

You are in luck, its been commissioned for a second season. Hopefully they can film more in Ibiza if its quiet this year

Watched the 1st series of Better Call Saul years ago when it first came out and found it dull, but in hindsight I watched it too quickly after a re-watch of Breaking Bad and its high octane finale. Got really into Better Call Saul now, id say the latest seasons are as good as Breaking Bad.

One thing ive noticed on Netflix is how shows are in English and Spanish with subtitles, years ago the Spanish characters on TV would have just spoke Ingerlissshh in a comedy accent. Its good for authenticity but not so good when you're messing about on yer phone and miss the subtitles :)

One thing ive noticed on Netflix is how shows are in English and Spanish with subtitles, years ago the Spanish characters on TV would have just spoke Ingerlissshh in a comedy accent. Its good for authenticity but not so good when you're messing about on yer phone and miss the subtitles :)
I am watching "Money Heist" which is done by the same guy who did "White Lines", Álex Pina, and it is dubbed into English; at least it is in the U.S. I am learning Spanish (I've taken two semesters of español...) and really liked how "White Lines" had a little Spanish; though they speak fast enough that I only pick out a few words... I think it's interesting how they handle languages! :)

I think "Money Heist" was written for a Spanish audience though so it made more sense to dub English for an English audience in this instance.

Back