Films involving/about ibiza

I'm watching it.

If this was about somewhere else and filmed somewhere else I probably wouldn't watch it, but at the end of the day for those of us who miss the beautiful Balearic islands this will do right now :), specially in these times.

Soundtrack is also decent in my view.

I'm away with work and told my Mrs not to watch White Lines until I'm home in 2 weeks cos I was looking forward to us watching it together. A little read of this thread and I can't be arsed with it any more, not because it's shite, because I was really looking forward to seeing Ibiza and saying "been there" at every other scene.
Massive kick in the nuts that is.

I'm away with work and told my Mrs not to watch White Lines until I'm home in 2 weeks cos I was looking forward to us watching it together. A little read of this thread and I can't be arsed with it any more, not because it's shite, because I was really looking forward to seeing Ibiza and saying "been there" at every other scene.
And be it Ibiza or any where else.it would actually put you off going there,. A bit like when ibiza uncovered hit the screens,any that was there before that show aired went WTF is this..

Who is watching 'White lines' on Netflix?

'When Zoe Walker's brother Axel is found dead, almost 20 years after going missing while working as a DJ on Ibiza, she decides to travel there and investigate.'

Who is watching 'White lines' on Netflix?

'When Zoe Walker's brother Axel is found dead, almost 20 years after going missing while working as a DJ on Ibiza, she decides to travel there and investigate.'
Yeah I'm on episode 6....it starts really dodgy, but gets better. There is only one shot of Ibiza - Ibiza town in the first episode (probably a backdrop not even filmed there), the rest is filmed in Majorca. Worth a watch but not amazing...

I was the same pal, but it reminds me nothing of ibiza really, the scenes, terrible music.
People who have never been to ibiza watching it are not getting a glimpse of ibiza at all.

It feels like it was made on a very low budget.

And the character axel is a twat.

I'm on episode 6, agree with most comments on here. Starts unbelievably sh*t, improves from 3 onwards. The only bit filmed in Ibiza (or maybe not even that), is a backdrop of Ibiza town in the first episode, the rest is Majorca. The clubs bits are Tito's in Majorca I think, definitely nowhere in Ibiza. There is one scene when the girl is on her phone and the dad asks 'where are you?' she says Cala Conte, blatantly isn't. Irritating.

When films or tv shows do this it annoys me, I spent the first 2 or 3 episodes moaning to the missus that it was NOT Ibiza, but once you accept that, it is actually ok to watch. Why couldn't they have just filmed it in Ibiza? Out of season for example? Maybe they weren't allowed and the authorities are wary of how it is portrayed, especially after Ibiza uncovered.

Same with Inbetweeners movie, says it's Malia, but blatantly filmed in Magaluf out of season...ground always looks like it's been raining!

I'm on episode 6, agree with most comments on here. Starts unbelievably sh*t, improves from 3 onwards. The only bit filmed in Ibiza (or maybe not even that), is a backdrop of Ibiza town in the first episode, the rest is Majorca. The clubs bits are Tito's in Majorca I think, definitely nowhere in Ibiza. There is one scene when the girl is on her phone and the dad asks 'where are you?' she says Cala Conte, blatantly isn't. Irritating.

When films or tv shows do this it annoys me, I spent the first 2 or 3 episodes moaning to the missus that it was NOT Ibiza, but once you accept that, it is actually ok to watch. Why couldn't they have just filmed it in Ibiza? Out of season for example? Maybe they weren't allowed and the authorities are wary of how it is portrayed, especially after Ibiza uncovered.

Same with Inbetweeners movie, says it's Malia, but blatantly filmed in Magaluf out of season...ground always looks like it's been raining!

Think Inbetweeners wanted to fit a few Greek waiter romance and bad hotel jokes in hence the pretence of Malia, but yeh odd they didnt just set it in Magaluf where it was filmed!

For me the issue with WL's was the big holes in the story line. It really is just like a soap opera. Was a shame that it wasn't filmed on Ibiza but it has at least shown some beautiful places on Majorca.

I think it's worth a watch to at least make your own mind up. Just don't expect too much!

Back