Films involving/about ibiza

White Lines is appallingly bad television. Bad script, terrible story, garbage acting and everyone except Boxer and Kika were insufferable c**ts.... especially that woman who wanked off virtually everyone she met (her husband, a priest and her son ffs) I was actually hoping most of them died by the end

White Lines is appallingly bad television. Bad script, terrible story, garbage acting and everyone except Boxer and Kika were insufferable c**ts.... especially that woman who wanked off virtually everyone she met (her husband, a priest and her son ffs) I was actually hoping most of them died by the end
It truly is nothing more than 10 wasted hours of my life I'll never get back. Kept hoping that it would get better every episode. I thought episode 7 or 8 was ok...so I decided to sit it out until the finale, but it was horrible ?

White Lines is absolute rubbish. At times it veered into ‘so bad it’s good territory’ - which I’ll admit at times gave me and the Mrs some big laughs.

The filming location thing didn’t really bother me though it would have been nice to see Ibiza on screen.

The script was abysmal - the guy who turned into the hippy had some of the worst of it, the acting in the most part was soap opera like and the plot was just ridiculous. Probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever watched

I am utterly amazed that anyone has been paid to make such a programme, and that at no stage did someone look at what was being made and take the decision to pull the plug. Netflix must have given a blank cheque after the guy’s success with Money Heist.

I genuinely think I could have come up with something better. And it’s no.1 in the UK on Netflix which I can’t fathom.
Imagine the producers after Netflix wrote that cheque, they mustn’t have believed their luck. Weeks in the sun cobbling together some half baked nonsense for a few hours a day and then straight to the beach. Can’t think they did many takes of each scene. Probably first take and then cracked open the beers :)

This is turning into a football message board I frequent. Bunch of old farts ? It's today's equivalent of Holyoaks and I better a large proportion slagging the programme off watched that.

Live and let live!

Last edited:
I am watching "Money Heist" which is done by the same guy who did "White Lines", Álex Pina, and it is dubbed into English; at least it is in the U.S. I am learning Spanish (I've taken two semesters of español...) and really liked how "White Lines" had a little Spanish; though they speak fast enough that I only pick out a few words... I think it's interesting how they handle languages! :)

I think "Money Heist" was written for a Spanish audience though so it made more sense to dub English for an English audience in this instance.

I actually liked White Lines better than the most recent season of Money Heist.

During lockdown I've already binged The Stranger which is a lot worse on the evidence so far. Similar in the sense once you've committed you feel like you need to see it through. But my god it was awful. And that had a solid cast and was an adaptation of a best selling book ?‍♂️

I watched it all, killed a few hungover hours. I actually preferred all the Spanish actors and scenes, as it was harder to notice the bad acting and accents.

I actually liked White Lines better than the most recent season of Money Heist.
I'm sort of undecided about "Money Heist" at the moment. Some things are good; the actors are fantastic... But other things leave me with a cold feeling. For instance I'm a little frustrated with the plot. I'm sure this will improve, because I'm only on the fourth or fifth episode of part 1. But it seemed for the most part predictable in at least one instance.
They are robbing the mint, and it seems like they can't get along. At the same time it seems like they will not get their demands met. It feels a little bit predictable that they will not succeed; which is morally fine, but ruins the fun of the show. The way it began I wanted them to succeed, but now I want the hostages to be released and for them to be captured because they look like amateurs! :)

Just finished Stranger Things S3.

Absolutely in love that with that one. I'm thinking of going back to S1 while we wait for S4.
Try the film summer of 84 you might enjoy that as well. Think it’s on Netflix.

If anyone is interested I watched a really good documentary/film about the club scene last night on Netflix called 'What we Started'.

One of the most balanced and interesting films I've seen so far about rave culture, I think it came out in 2018 but passed me by back then. Some good Ibiza footage, interviews with some big names, and some quite rare old rave footage from the late 80's early 90's. Carl Cox last night at Space etc from behind the scenes, really good.

Worth a watch (apologies if this has been posted before)

‘This is Ibiza’ looks like a documentary rather than a film? out end of this week.
But only through Amazon Prime? That's a subscription thing right? With Netflix, Disney plus, Beatport Link and Spotify..I really can't see myself doing another lol.

But only through Amazon Prime? That's a subscription thing right? With Netflix, Disney plus, Beatport Link and Spotify..I really can't see myself doing another lol.
I managed to find a trailer for it

But for life of me cannot find out what service it is on. It's not been listed on amazon prime, unless I'm just been dense?‍♂️

Here we go:

This is Ibiza is a brand new and behind the scenes look at Ibiza, out to rent or buy June 5th on Amazon Prime

They really need to sort out the google rankings for it. Not been listed if you search for "this is ibiza" amazon prime at all ?‍♂️

Back