Favourite nightclubs / venues (worldwide)

Cocoon as in the actual club in Frankfurt was visually stunning. My main memory was crossing the empty dance floor from the restaurant, before the club was open for the night, but it was club dark with a little lighting and ambient music playing on that system. Could have gone home happy then

Cocoon as in the actual club in Frankfurt was visually stunning. My main memory was crossing the empty dance floor from the restaurant, before the club was open for the night, but it was club dark with a little lighting and ambient music playing on that system. Could have gone home happy then

agree cocoon frankfurt was something special!

Had some mega nights in Tall Trees, place was bangin!
?this fellas in the know!
yeah it might have been, not good to hear it’s been ripped down..Used to have some big nights, judgement sunday’s on a bank holiday springs to mind ..
yeah massive shame, had a lot of wedding stuff go down there too.. not sure I could look at it the same knowing possibly a few days before mentalists ascended there in the thousands licking brow on the wobblily eggs and kernal ?

Sadly the majority of the clubs I used to go to locally or in the uk are now shut.

Arches, went religiously every month for Colours with the likes of lawler, digweed ,Dave seamen, nick warren to name a few..

Sub club - closed just now due to covid but hopefully will open again - Graeme Parks 5 hour set at Easter last year is up there with one of my favourite sets of all time ??

Also had some quality nights at the sugar shack in middlesbrough and shindig at Foundation Newcastle..

In Ibiza, Amnesia & Destino are now my favourite to go to venues but nothing comes close to the open air terrace at Space for me..Sunday’s at Space and then some carry on parties will always be cherished.

Mad,Messy and an atmosphere like no other ???

You’re lucky to of been around for shindig @ foundation meant to of been some night! I started going to Shindig when it moved to Digital every Sat and then to the warehouse once every couple months both were unbelieavble. It’s back at Digital now though every so often and just not the same....

Nothing is though:cry:

You’re lucky to of been around for shindig @ foundation meant to of been some night! I started going to Shindig when it moved to Digital every Sat and then to the warehouse once every couple months both were unbelieavble. It’s back at Digital now though every so often and just not the same....

that Hoults Yard was a proper sweatbox! not surprising the mishaps that occurred there unfortunately tbh.. could hardly breath it got that chocka

not that a hate Digi but a polished club just isn't my go to when thinking of the better nights to be had.. agreed Shindig used to go off

I used to go down quite a few times when my mum stayed in Newcastle with work..Typical Saturday was going to St. james’s Park, quick change, then hit the quayside and off to foundation.. It was a sweat box but at least you get some kind of breather up stairs and talk the usual chemical nonsense to someone lol...Can mind vaguely quality sets by Scot Bradford, Scooby , Rampling, Lawler, Sister Bliss and Lisa Loud which i’m convinced during her set some firework or rocket went from one end to the other on fireworks night -could well have been the biscuits mind ?

Row 14 in Barcelona where they had the original Elrow was amazing about 10 years ago. Proper raw, underground (but outdoor if that makes sense) vibe, nothing like their parties these days. Full of hardcore Spanish nutters on a Sunday morning

Turnmills London is my all time favourite UK venue, and Pacha my fave in Ibiza.

Trouw in Amsterdam was pretty amazing.

Barbarellas in Croatia is pretty special when the sun is coming up.

sankeys Manchester was unbelievable!! shame all the housing regenration happened aound the area! and another one that was a good night out was Venus aka club v!! !! some good nights in their!! if your not from many you won't know that place!!!

sankeys Manchester was unbelievable!! shame all the housing regenration happened aound the area! and another one that was a good night out was Venus aka club v!! !! some good nights in their!! if your not from many you won't know that place!!!
Yeah Sankeys was a solid gaff, it was bound to go though for years we were saying I wonder how long it lasts as some very nice housing just adjacent to the street with hefty price tags.. those kind of people don't want clubbers roaming around after dark

The Warehouse, Leeds, UK.
brilliant gaff! not somewhere we head a lot when in Leeds but when we do we always have a good night.. caught Surgeon, HAAi, Blasha & Allatt and Alienata there in March was seriously nectar

Last edited:
brilliant gaff! not somewhere we head a lot when in Leeds but when we do we always have a good night.. caught Surgeon, HAAi, Blasha & Allatt and Alienata there in March was seriously nectar

Yup.

IMG-20190915-024137.jpg

IMG-20190915-024143.jpg

IMG-20190915-025421.jpg

IMG-20190915-025415.jpg

I think most of my favourites are now sadly departed.

Abroad:
Roxy and Trance Buddha, Amsterdam
Rex club, Paris
Amnesia, Space and Pacha, Ibiza.
The Sullivan Rooms, Output and Twilo, New York
Home and Chinese Laundry, Sydney

Uk:
Turnmills, The Cross and Baguleys, London
Nation, Liverpool
The Empire, Middlesbrough
Tell Trees, Yarm
Pleasure Rooms, Music Factory and Warehouse, Leeds
Leadmill and Republic, Sheffield
Sankeys, Manchester. Not sure how I forgot that pre edit!

Last edited:
I think most of my favourites are now sadly departed.

Abroad:
Roxy and Trance Buddha, Amsterdam
Rex club, Paris
Amnesia, Space and Pacha, Ibiza.
The Sullivan Rooms, Output and Twilo, New York
Home and Chinese Laundry, Sydney

Uk:
Turnmills, The Cross and Baguleys, London
Nation, Liverpool
The Empire, Middlesbrough
Tell Trees, Yarm
Pleasure Rooms, Music Factory and Warehouse, Leeds
Leadmill and Republic, Sheffield
Sankeys, Manchester. Not sure how I forgot that pre edit!
nice list mate! Empire is still going although they don't put much on anymore. shame really as its the most impressive venue we have.. shame to waste it on those 3 VK's for 5 quid commercial garbage nights

Back