Favourite nightclubs / venues (worldwide)

I've only been to two in the last few years; Academy in Hollywood, and Exchange in downtown LA. Out of those, I prefer Academy because not only is it closer, but with Exchange you valet in downtown which I didn't like.

I used to go to a venue in downtown called the Orion; far more times than I've been to Academy (used to be called TeknoClub, then QTopia...). The Orion was home base in the early 2000s. I liked that venue, but it must have changed ownership or pricing because LA rave organizers stopped using it & I don't know what became of it. Exchange is in that neighborhood though.

If I had to recommend one, Exchange is more geared to impress. It's bigger than Academy, but I personally prefer parking my own car, and for the distance that I have to drive (because I live close to LA/assuming I don't have a hotel room) so Academy is my favorite.

I bloody loved that Store Street venue in Manchester!

Me and the missus randomly got some tickets to see Deadmau5 there. I wasn't sure what to expect, and if I'm honest I didn't build my hopes up too much.

Holy fcuk! What a surprise! Place was immense! Dark industrial feel about it, right up my street. Mega crowd.

Funny memory actually, had been inside for a while bouncing around the place with a tin of Strongbow. Decided it was time to take my medication, so very stealthily reached into my pocket to find it.

Just then this 6 foot tall bloke in a black t shirt taps me on the shoulder!!!!

Fcuk! He's undercover fuzz, or something I thought!!!!! Busted!!!!

Turns out he was just off his nut and wanted to shake my hand for about 3 hours ? Holy hell, I think my heart actually stopped beating for a few seconds when he initially tapped me on the shoulder ??‍♂️

Its a shame its closed now but we were lucky enough to get to the Mayfield depot in December. If you liked the Store Street venue then I'm pretty sure you will like this place too.

We actually had tickets to see Patrick Topping at the Mayfield depot in March. Had a hotel room booked and everything.

Bloody Covid 19 lockdown seen us off!

Cheers Boris you bloody cock block ?
Hahahah that story just sums up the place doesn't it ? everything about the venue trips me out, the second room has given me heat stroke before though ? and I've made so many acquatances there ! Some people I met were from Swansea like me and were mates now and another couple I met were in their 40s raving together and I saw them in Hi last year such a small world

That's class I'm praying things improve this year, tempted to get tickets for the Do Not Sleep Halloween event in Albert Hall in October! Mayfield does look so good and spaced out deffo giving that a try

I’m a simple man really - but I love Ministry of Sound as a club - if you can get the right night and crowd it’s amazing. Sadly the line ups are naff on the whole & it’s full of Asian tourists who can’t handle their drink / whatever. Adam Beyer & Ida all night long in there July 2016 I think it was is one of my fave ever nights.

Also growing up I didn’t appreciate how good the Honey Club in Brighton was. Proper 90s / 00s dance club - busy every week, week in week out was big name DJs. Never quite got into Hard House though :spank:Really learnt a lot about dance music there. Proper good family vibe too. I’ll never forget an Easter weekend early 00s I think it was they were through a refit and Guetta DJ’d on a temporary stage on a decorators table but proper vibe all night.

It’s only now it’s gone and the state of DJ bookings in clubs that I realise how good we had it

Last edited:
I’m a simple man really - but I love Ministry of Sound as a club - if you can get the right night and crowd it’s amazing.
Yeah MOS is dope. Went to Dixons all night long night in 2017 and before going I had high expectations for the sound (obviously) and wasn't let down that back room with the speaker walls is a serious rig the power and levels are crazy impressive

We were actually due to go back for Ben Klocks night end of March then lock down came in to piss on the parade

Last edited:
I’m going to Manchester in October for Do Not Sleep- 1st time in Manchester- Anyone know if there are any clubs/places open for afters? The event finishes @5am Sunday, doubt I’ll want to finish then!!

I’m going to Manchester in October for Do Not Sleep- 1st time in Manchester- Anyone know if there are any clubs/places open for afters? The event finishes @5am Sunday, doubt I’ll want to finish then!!
There won't be an afters from Albert Hall mate no. Great venue for your first time in Manny though

I guess Exchange is cool. I wasn't happy with the parking, or the mastering or whatever it's called for the levels of the equipment (guitar and keyboards/synthesizers) for Infected Mushroom, but it's an experience and so worth mentioning. I know it has upstairs and downstairs areas. One would be designated for the main performance, but I don't remember if the main stage is upstairs or downstairs. This is the main room:

1593431847198.png

I've always wanted to sample Florida 135 in Fraga.. anyone been? maybe one for the Spanish lot

Probably haven’t actually been to that many (maybe 15 - 20) but nothing will ever beat the late great Mint Club? what a place that was

Worth pointing out i had high expectations for Sub Club in Dec but i can’t remember any of it and don’t even think i made it until Ame came on so i defs need to go there again?

Probably haven’t actually been to that many (maybe 15 - 20) but nothing will ever beat the late great Mint Club? what a place that was
certainly was an awesome little club Mint, Teknicolor on Thursdays used to be popping! last time a went in for Mint fest afters few year ago it was dead such a shame were seeing the back of more and more inner city venues. leeds has lost a few now with Canal mills gone and havent seen anything on at Faversham in time

have you been to Mint Warehouse since the revamp?

Back