Favourite nightclubs / venues (worldwide)

One of my first experiences with a nightclub was on board the Carnival Elation I think it was... They had a club; I can't even remember what they were playing, but this would have been when I was 18 during spring break on a trip through the Mexican Riviera. The club was the Jekyll & Hyde...

From what I can recall, it's a really small dance floor with a dj booth. I'm pretty sure I could drink there, despite my young age being that it was in international waters (can't remember if they announce that over the loudspeakers or not... :rolleyes: ).

Too old , some are not existing anymore :

KU Ibiza : Not only because Manumission
Amnesia , El Divino , Pacha : Old Ibiza was a dream
Dorian Gray : Sound , People , Afterhours : Ibiza in germany , sometimes
Fridays Technoclub with Talla.
Omen : Remember Carl and the other big shots played there. Nice nights .
Music Hall FFM : Not as gray , more normal ? Guests
Cocoon FFM : First 3 or 4 years , then it went down a little

Ku De Ta Bali / Potatohead Bali : Very nice nights , nice locations
Saw a relaxed Peggy Gou there and a really relaxed Hot Since 82.

Heart : Seems to be El Divino of this times ?
Good bookings. Bedouin and Satori : Some here are hating this guys . Me not
JC Ades and the others are good too
Doc Martin Set was cool

Cocoon : Normally Vaeth is not my cup of tea , but in Ibz it works. Pacha was not the best Idea

Rind Ruesselsheim : Mr Vogt , one of the cocoon residents played there ... and others
Now they dont have electro / house nights anymore.Love Family Park Preparty was there. Dont know whats up there now

Cocoon : Normally Vaeth is not my cup of tea , but in Ibz it works. Pacha was not the best Idea
it works for Dixons night imo but as he has had no other night on the island to compare cant really say but for Cocoon and Music on I think it has been a really bad move.. Music On especially with the space available at Amnesia took his production level up to the top

it works for Dixons night imo but as he has had no other night on the island to compare cant really say but for Cocoon and Music on I think it has been a really bad move.. Music On especially with the space available at Amnesia took his production level up to the top

Yeah

Saw your Berghain pic in your profile : Its similar. Harder sounds in Berghain , House or less harder in Panorama Bar. Maybe its like this ...

Cocoon and Music On works better in big venues, House maybe better in smaller ones ?
Cocoon or Music On at Heart ? No way
Dont know if Sinclar , Doc Martin , Louie Vega is working in a location which is too big ?
Dont know ...

Yeah

Saw your Berghain pic in your profile : Its similar. Harder sounds in Berghain , House or less harder in Panorama Bar. Maybe its like this ...

Cocoon and Music On works better in big venues, House maybe better in smaller ones ?
Cocoon or Music On at Heart ? No way
Dont know if Sinclar , Doc Martin , Louie Vega is working in a location which is too big ?
Dont know ...
too true mate! you have to compliment whatever room / venue you are in personally I think it was because Music On was wedged between Abode Thursdays and Elrow Saturdays why in its final time at Amensia it was quieter than previous years ..too many Techno House nights running in order must be a struggle to maintain loyal crowds week in week out .. I was almost positive Marco would of made the move to Privilege as at one point he could of filled it no problem and part of his last closing nights 2 years back one was in fact held there if I recall

Last edited:
Watergate Berlin

Nice setting over the river, affordable drinks, decent door policy, great djs.

For the best venue setting... Ce La Vie on top of Marina Bay Sands, Singapore...was brilliant.
yeah Watergate is always fun, its the roof rig that Mint and others mimicked ..and plus no worry of not getting in like many other Berlin institutions

Watergate Berlin

Nice setting over the river, affordable drinks, decent door policy, great djs.

For the best venue setting... Ce La Vie on top of Marina Bay Sands, Singapore...was brilliant.
Ce La Vie might be a great venue but those crazy rich Asians throing money around are a mood killer for me...

Sadly the majority of the clubs I used to go to locally or in the uk are now shut.

Arches, went religiously every month for Colours with the likes of lawler, digweed ,Dave seamen, nick warren to name a few..

Sub club - closed just now due to covid but hopefully will open again - Graeme Parks 5 hour set at Easter last year is up there with one of my favourite sets of all time ??

Also had some quality nights at the sugar shack in middlesbrough and shindig at Foundation Newcastle..

In Ibiza, Amnesia & Destino are now my favourite to go to venues but nothing comes close to the open air terrace at Space for me..Sunday’s at Space and then some carry on parties will always be cherished.

Mad,Messy and an atmosphere like no other ???

Sadly the majority of the clubs I used to go to locally or in the uk are now shut.

Arches, went religiously every month for Colours with the likes of lawler, digweed ,Dave seamen, nick warren to name a few..

Sub club - closed just now due to covid but hopefully will open again - Graeme Parks 5 hour set at Easter last year is up there with one of my favourite sets of all time ??

Also had some quality nights at the sugar shack in middlesbrough and shindig at Foundation Newcastle..

In Ibiza, Amnesia & Destino are now my favourite to go to venues but nothing comes close to the open air terrace at Space for me..Sunday’s at Space and then some carry on parties will always be cherished.

Mad,Messy and an atmosphere like no other ???
was this at the Empire? if so the Empire is still open mate.. Sasha played it last year along with few others

was this at the Empire? if so the Empire is still open mate.. Sasha played it last year along with few others
yeah it was, Friday night events. was there a few times over the years but not since 04...That’s good to hear the club is still open. It must be the event which is no longer going ??

yeah it was, Friday night events. was there a few times over the years but not since 04...That’s good to hear the club is still open. It must be the event which is no longer going ??
yes mate, the building alone is super impressive I don't think it will ever be in danger of being knocked down which is great as its pretty much the only legendary institution us smogs have still going

yes mate, the building alone is super impressive I don't think it will ever be in danger of being knocked down which is great as its pretty much the only legendary institution us smogs have still going

Yeah It was a quality venue, also went to the boozer across the road before going in. Was always packed ?

Not that i went but is the tall trees still going?

Used to have some big events on...

Yeah It was a quality venue, also went to the boozer across the road before going in. Was always packed ?

Not that i went but is the tall trees still going?

Used to have some big events on...
could be the Hairy Lemon at the time? although it has changed names over the years its now called the pig iron.. Tall Trees was so good! gods kitchen and good grief along with others used to frequent used to be bouncing. unfortunately its not mate it is a housing estate now my sister lives there always brings waves of nostalgia every time I pull up to hers

Back