Favourite nightclubs / venues (worldwide)

chez

What's peoples favourite clubbing spots home or away, former or present?

for the club side although many worthy of a mention for the diversity in line ups, sound and general all round nightlife experience mine has to be a toss up between Smolna (Warsaw) and Tresor (Berlin) ..found both to be pretty flawless

open air going to have to say Poble Espanyol (Barca) absolutely love the grounds and just find it a great setting for parties

and venue its got to be a win for home with Printworks (London) its industrial feel ticks a lot of boxes

(sorry if there has been similar threads still fairly new to the forums)
as we are somewhat clubbing fanatics would be great to get others insights for possible future endeavours

Last edited:
For me I would have to say I've always loved Store Street in Manchester (Original home of WHP). Dark, industrial and warehouse vibes. drumcode event has always been a favourite there, haven't tried the mayfield depot yet but heard good things!

Haven't been lucky enough to go to many abroad but would say my favourite outdoor venue i've been too would be Papaya in Zcre Beach, Croatia - day or night especially when the sun is coming up behind the stage

Mine are all long gone.. Ireland Sir Henry's in Cork ,Sides DC in Dublin and the Sugar Sweet party's in Belfast.. away all in US NYC sound factory I was lucky enough to be in NYC one summer when it was the place to be.. Cielo and body&soul then in 99&00. Miami the shadow lounge was one of the best clubs I've ever been to.. did help when we were leaving that there was a hummer full of strippers out side waiting for fools like us to bring to a strip club and take all our money..

apart from the ibiza venues which obviously feel home to me (amnesia, dc10, pacha and space RIP), I love watergate, sisyphos and obvs berghain in berlin.

wanna try out de school whenever clubbing is a go again and I can afford a trip to amsterdam!

For me I would have to say I've always loved Store Street in Manchester (Original home of WHP). Dark, industrial and warehouse vibes. drumcode event has always been a favourite there, haven't tried the mayfield depot yet but heard good things!

Haven't been lucky enough to go to many abroad but would say my favourite outdoor venue i've been too would be Papaya in Zcre Beach, Croatia - day or night especially when the sun is coming up behind the stage

I bloody loved that Store Street venue in Manchester!

Me and the missus randomly got some tickets to see Deadmau5 there. I wasn't sure what to expect, and if I'm honest I didn't build my hopes up too much.

Holy fcuk! What a surprise! Place was immense! Dark industrial feel about it, right up my street. Mega crowd.

Funny memory actually, had been inside for a while bouncing around the place with a tin of Strongbow. Decided it was time to take my medication, so very stealthily reached into my pocket to find it.

Just then this 6 foot tall bloke in a black t shirt taps me on the shoulder!!!!

Fcuk! He's undercover fuzz, or something I thought!!!!! Busted!!!!

Turns out he was just off his nut and wanted to shake my hand for about 3 hours ? Holy hell, I think my heart actually stopped beating for a few seconds when he initially tapped me on the shoulder ??‍♂️

Its a shame its closed now but we were lucky enough to get to the Mayfield depot in December. If you liked the Store Street venue then I'm pretty sure you will like this place too.

We actually had tickets to see Patrick Topping at the Mayfield depot in March. Had a hotel room booked and everything.

Bloody Covid 19 lockdown seen us off!

Cheers Boris you bloody cock block ?

Great pick yeah Store Street was top dollar. I Didn't think they would top it but they have Depot is a great addition and the space is second to non for an inner city venue, I was thinking they might of gone back to the Victoria warehouse but glad they didn't cause the Mayfield is crazy impressive

apart from the ibiza venues which obviously feel home to me (amnesia, dc10, pacha and space RIP), I love watergate, sisyphos and obvs berghain in berlin.

wanna try out de school whenever clubbing is a go again and I can afford a trip to amsterdam!
Yes been wanting to sample De School my self, dont have a great deal of Dutch clubbing under the belt only ever been to Gashouder then Warehouse Elementenstraat for an afters party but would love to go back and try some of the selected and personal spots like D.S, a club I have at the top of my yet to do his list would be The Block in Tel Aviv which we will no doubt see off next year because been wanting to see Israel and the sound system looks silly good so?

we try to sample as many different clubs / venues as possible and not all that keen on going to same places again and again (besides obviously Ibiza and our very local ones)

Mine are all long gone.. Ireland Sir Henry's in Cork ,Sides DC in Dublin and the Sugar Sweet party's in Belfast.. away all in US NYC sound factory I was lucky enough to be in NYC one summer when it was the place to be.. Cielo and body&soul then in 99&00. Miami the shadow lounge was one of the best clubs I've ever been to.. did help when we were leaving that there was a hummer full of strippers out side waiting for fools like us to bring to a strip club and take all our money..
Forgot to add plant bar and plant at Centro fly NYC...lush paddies Dominic,Marcus (shit robot) and my Oh worked there at plant bar.. supposed to be the birth place of LCD. Sound system

Some brilliant shouts. One of my former favourites was Concrete in Paris was gutted to hear the closure last year its a shame that space in cities becomes too valuable. seen too many great spots go in the same way over recent years

Some brilliant shouts. One of my former favourites was Concrete in Paris was gutted to hear the closure last year its a shame that space in cities becomes too valuable. seen too many great spots go in the same way over recent years
Yes concrete boat party with Djdeep one Sunday was really good...

Without a doubt it’s Berghain for me. Whilst some might roll their eyes at that, of all the times I’ve been I’ve had a totally different experience but all equally as good. The first time I went was back in 2015 - stone cold sober as I was in Berlin for a work conference, but I was just high on the atmosphere.

Granted there have been a few dodgy sets (the Sunday morning slot can be a bit unpredictable) during which I’ve spent most of the time smoking in the garden - but for me that’s the beauty of the club, it’s not just about the 2 dance floors...there’s a whole world to explore.

I also loved Griessmuehle but unfortunately that shut down earlier this year. The dance floors were pretty small and crowded, but the outdoor area was vast and when they opened up the outdoor dance area it was magical. I’ll miss it a lot on my next Berlin trip....whenever that may be!

Used to pop off in there like pal, Rex is always fun but for me that boat took the biscuit
Yes fish go deep from Ireland guest for deep one night and a few paddies made the trip over.. DJ yazz I think his name was. Moroccan looking guy from rough party of Paris ,Tolbiac I think the area was brought us to an Afters. Fck it was like being in bagdad..

Without a doubt it’s Berghain for me. Whilst some might roll their eyes at that
Not at all mate, personally I preferred Tresor but Berghain was still an experience only been once but I was blew away(maybe the wrong turn of phrase for there). ? Berlin is just an all round playground for adults a little spot worth a mention we enjoyed last visit was Suiside Circus only a small spot but we had a hell of a night

Last edited:
Yes fish go deep from Ireland guest for deep one night and a few paddies made the trip over.. DJ yazz I think his name was. Moroccan looking guy from rough party of Paris ,Tolbiac I think the area was brought us to an Afters. Fck it was like being in bagdad..
Aha yeah as stunning as Paris is there are some eye opening areas like I naively didn't realise just how big it was till got there the metro system is a proper head ache we got a bit of chew after Rex some lads were being supect think they were trying to lure us out the way of cameras probably to Rob us or summat dodgy as

Last edited:
I loved L'Atlantida/Barcelona, but it was just open for a few years/seasons.
Blitz/Munich is amazing, unbelievable sound system... but the typical Munich snob crowd.
Berlin: Berghain & Golden Gate

Back