Facebook - what does the future hold?

What was your DSI name? I used to enjoy winding people up over there:oops:

Phillis

I loved DSI, I closed my profile down as have been involved in a relatively high profile court case so didn't want people to be able to access my comments or pictures.

Phillis

I loved DSI, I closed my profile down as have been involved in a relatively high profile court case so didn't want people to be able to access my comments or pictures.

Not the one where some crazy bint torched someone's house?:eek:

No it is for pyramid sales I was a very unlucky person wrong place wrong time lost loads of money the case is still going it is a £20 million scheme of which they thought I was one of the masterminds which I clearly wasn't the investigators just don't know there ass from their elbows. Worst thing I ever did but I know at least 30 people who had been paid out so thought I would give it a go! DO NOT TRY AT HOME GUYS. Trial is next year

yeah how did you know???

I have a vague recollection of something on there. Some ex or stalker torched some wannabe DJ/producer shared house or similar.

That the one? Don't worry, I have no interest or knowledge of the characters involved, just an encyclopedic (sp?) recall of internet bunfights:lol:

Edited: You were joking. Stupid Buckers!

I have a vague recollection of something on there. Some ex or stalker torched some wannabe DJ/producer shared house or similar.

That the one? Don't worry, I have no interest or knowledge of the characters involved, just an encyclopedic (sp?) recall of internet bunfights:lol:

Edited: You were joking. Stupid Buckers!

The king of windup got hooked:lol::lol:

No it is for pyramid sales I was a very unlucky person wrong place wrong time lost loads of money the case is still going it is a £20 million scheme of which they thought I was one of the masterminds which I clearly wasn't the investigators just don't know there ass from their elbows. Worst thing I ever did but I know at least 30 people who had been paid out so thought I would give it a go! DO NOT TRY AT HOME GUYS. Trial is next year

I wasn't Success University was it? That got a lot of coverage a while back, not least after Danny Rampling started pumping it.

I wasn't Success University was it? That got a lot of coverage a while back, not least after Danny Rampling started pumping it.

no key to a fortune or something like that ( i really wasnt very involved didn't even go to an official meeting) gutted me is all I can say trial is gonna be months long

Not sure about crazy fire starter I am now determined to find out though, leave it with me

no key to a fortune or something like that ( i really wasnt very involved didn't even go to an official meeting) gutted me is all I can say trial is gonna be months long

Not sure about crazy fire starter I am now determined to find out though, leave it with me

Sounds horrible to be caught up in a scheme like that. Good luck with that

The adverts. I get on my home page have lead my to buy somethings, but I think Google does a better job of it. If I google it is the exact thing I'm looking for. I golf often:lol: and look for equipment. I just ask my friend google what it thinks.

Google will always do a better job as users are actively searching for something. Facebook is technically a display ad like TV or press, just that it can be better targeted

But then thats why clicks are so much more expensive in Google. Every time you click on the top ad after searching for something like "car insurance" it could cost the advertiser nearly £10 :eek:

Google will always do a better job as users are actively searching for something. Facebook is technically a display ad like TV or press, just that it can be better targeted

But then thats why clicks are so much more expensive in Google. Every time you click on the top ad after searching for something like "car insurance" it could cost the advertiser nearly £10 :eek:

Facebook has gotten better, I do get things that I would be interested in, just google does it better

Ten kwid per click, that's not bad business if you can get it!! Google was an amazing startup business. I remember when their search engine first came on the scene, it was like a breath of fresh air, quick clean searches without a single advert. What a clever concept it was all those years ago.

The film of the facebook founder and his story is quite interesting, the guy (Zukerman) does seem like a decent egg.

tumbleweed on facebook......???

looking at it from diff angles, it's importance and growth is accelerating, not declining.

it's the principal source of connecting people for brands, business, etc. more so than artist webpages even.

and like morbs said, millions of other sites have integrated FB stuff as fundamental to how they operate.

if they can control the spam and make a truce with google, they're only going to continue to grow.

It has brought together what so many individual sites did.

One big thing that makes me love it is all of the events that are announced on it, there have been some great nights out i've been to that i probably wouldn't have ever heard of if it wasn't for facebook.

MULTI-millionaire businessman JP McManus is to sue the world's biggest social networking website for alleged breaches of privacy and data protection.

The case against Facebook is over the alleged failure by the company to take down three user profiles on the website falsely claiming to be him.

At a preliminary hearing yesterday Paul Gallagher SC, for Mr McManus, said that representatives for his client had asked Facebook to take the sites down, but were unsuccessful.

However, when contacted by the Irish Independent last night, Facebook immediately took down at least one of the profiles and promised any other such profiles would also be removed.

A spokesperson for Facebook could not account for why Mr McManus's representatives were unable to get the profile removed. "Our terms of service are unique in that you have to be who you say you are -- we're among the best on the web for that," a spokesperson said. Mr McManus's solicitors could not be contacted last night.

The Facebook profiles at the centre of the proceedings stated they were "JP McManus" and contained photos of him.

Lawyers for Mr McManus, known for his privacy, were yesterday granted permission by the High Court to bring proceedings against Facebook Ireland over an alleged failure to take down three identified sites.

In the proceedings, Mr McManus (60), from Limerick, is also seeking declarations that Facebook's alleged failure to remove the accounts identified is an unlawful breach of his constitutional rights. He is also seeking damages for defamation, malicious falsehood, fraudulent misrepresentation and negligence.

The judge made the matter returnable to Monday

I would wager good money Facebook would be keen to settle this out of court.

Back