Fabric

Sounds amazing....glad you had a good night! I love fabric....its amazing

megabus I remembered had to get that back in the day !! Hahahha......bet that was a nightmare after clubbing
Actually it wasn't too bad. I think it helped that the whole night was so sick so had really good afterglow, also it was a lovely sunny afternoon so even enjoyed a walk to the station while on the coach itself slept all the way through

Now will be back to fabric presents DVS1 all nighter at Village underground on the 25th, followed with richie hawtin at printworks on the 26th. Full recovery mode till then :)
Same plans as us. Garnierb2bscanx set was just silly at times, really good story to garniers sets. Best set i have seen in years.

You also felt like the whole of France was in fabric? Never seen so many french people at a rave in london before.

Same plans as us. Garnierb2bscanx set was just silly at times, really good story to garniers sets. Best set i have seen in years.

You also felt like the whole of France was in fabric? Never seen so many french people at a rave in london before.

Good plan! In DVS1 gig I will be wearing a black T shirt with a pyramid, say hi if you see me :D

Funny enough the first group of people we spoke with in the q were french, they were joking around that Garnier is their uncle or something ha so yeah not surprised if there were many more french inside. But didn't even had a chance to chat with more people the night went too quick!

Good plan! In DVS1 gig I will be wearing a black T shirt with a pyramid, say hi if you see me :D

Funny enough the first group of people we spoke with in the q were french, they were joking around that Garnier is their uncle or something ha so yeah not surprised if there were many more french inside. But didn't even had a chance to chat with more people the night went too quick!
Clubs are still closed at the moment in France.
Reopening next week.

Without international clubbers half London's nightlife would've collapsed years ago. The French, Italian and Japanese arty kids sustained the ketaminimal and warehouse scenes, partly because everyone wanted a slice of Hackney, when it was still really cool.

How was it?

I often say fabric is a dual crowd. Open to 04:00 and 04:00 to close can be very different experiences. This was true to that theory. Lots of students. Lots of American students! I can't throw too much shade, I was one of them once. I'm sure I was equally out of place on my first visit - and I think that turned out alright

I actually started the night at VU for COGO in a work-capacity, and the crowd was better there than the first few hours at fabric!!

Jennifer Cardini is a class act. She played a lot of material from Correspondence and it was ace. Peaked in the first hour, her second hour was still good but waned a little. Then she ended on some commercial vocal house cheese on toast. Can't remember the track, but it was such an odd end after what had come before. Curses followed her and he was also excellent

In Room One, I couldn't get into Gerd for the first few hours. It probably didn't help that I was dipping in and out. Not the best strategy. But the allure of Room two just kept pulling me back.

Did give him my full attention from 04:40ish and finally around 5am he seemed to start playing the kind of records he is known for.

Unfortunately my legs had had enough by 6am and I left to catch first train home to Kent. Basically missed the last hour which I'm sure would have been immense

From complaining about the crowd at the start of the night, but the end it was amazing. Very cosmopolitan, noticeable LGBT presence. Room two was simply great and consistently the busiest space

One other note: I guess it's essential in the current climate with ventilation, but Room one was freezing with the aircon raging, especially once the crowd started to thin. Another reason to stay in the sweatbox of Room two. Plus, I didn't have the benefit of a warm E-blanket. Would've stayed to the death if I had

Scratched an itch, but left feeling a little short-changed in many ways. 6.5/10

Yeah figured it would attract that sort of crowd ie.e the oval space ,pickle factory types given the lineup but that's not a bad thing imo. Yeah Jennifer Cardini has been really good these past few years and is becoming a star. Sounds like a good night.

That room 2 development in fabric has been a game changer

I often say fabric is a dual crowd. Open to 04:00 and 04:00 to close can be very different experiences. This was true to that theory. Lots of students. Lots of American students! I can't throw too much shade, I was one of them once. I'm sure I was equally out of place on my first visit - and I think that turned out alright

I actually started the night at VU for COGO in a work-capacity, and the crowd was better there than the first few hours at fabric!!

Jennifer Cardini is a class act. She played a lot of material from Correspondence and it was ace. Peaked in the first hour, her second hour was still good but waned a little. Then she ended on some commercial vocal house cheese on toast. Can't remember the track, but it was such an odd end after what had come before. Curses followed her and he was also excellent

In Room One, I couldn't get into Gerd for the first few hours. It probably didn't help that I was dipping in and out. Not the best strategy. But the allure of Room two just kept pulling me back.

Did give him my full attention from 04:40ish and finally around 5am he seemed to start playing the kind of records he is known for.

Unfortunately my legs had had enough by 6am and I left to catch first train home to Kent. Basically missed the last hour which I'm sure would have been immense

From complaining about the crowd at the start of the night, but the end it was amazing. Very cosmopolitan, noticeable LGBT presence. Room two was simply great and consistently the busiest space

One other note: I guess it's essential in the current climate with ventilation, but Room one was freezing with the aircon raging, especially once the crowd started to thin. Another reason to stay in the sweatbox of Room two. Plus, I didn't have the benefit of a warm E-blanket. Would've stayed to the death if I had

Scratched an itch, but left feeling a little short-changed in many ways. 6.5/10
Did she end with a remix of I want your soul by Arman van helden? She played it in her recent essiantial mix. Really wanted to go see her but needed a break

Last Friday fabric presents DVS1 in village underground was superb, 7 hours non stop...couldn't stop dancing till the very end. Great vibe and crowd too!

Next day printworks was good fun too, when it comes to audio visual show they are the best. Dax J smashed it but the highlight was Richie Hawtin, really cool set.

However, the top highlight of the weekend was being hypnotized by DVS1, for hours in a dark place, with the eyes closed...

Did she end with a remix of I want your soul by Arman van helden? She played it in her recent essiantial mix.
yeah i think it might've been now you've said it. I've not listened to her EM yet but deffo on the cards

Did she end with a remix of I want your soul by Arman van helden? She played it in her recent essiantial mix. Really wanted to go see her but needed a break

Last Friday fabric presents DVS1 in village underground was superb, 7 hours non stop...couldn't stop dancing till the very end. Great vibe and crowd too!

Next day printworks was good fun too, when it comes to audio visual show they are the best. Dax J smashed it but the highlight was Richie Hawtin, really cool set.

However, the top highlight of the weekend was being hypnotized by DVS1, for hours in a dark place, with the eyes closed...
ANNA was the best for me - managed to pull a proper groupie moment getting a photo with her which was proper cringe.

Kobosil was on too early.

Was lucky enough to get DJ booth access for Hawtin which was very cool; looking out over the visuals from the opposite side with the entire crowd in front of you was one of those pinch me moments.

It is a well produced tune and bit of a guilty pleasure but definitely made a resurgence for some reason. Ilario Alicante playing it a lot and also heard it at Krankbrother Street Party on Saturday just before Kerri Chandler…. Does the job to be fair especially in the sun

Yeah not 100% sure what to expect this year..will pop in Sunday so hopefully catch a bit of Ricardo or someone like Francesco del Gardo or Dygas

Villalobos pulled out of his gig at Robert Johnson tonight for medical reasons so could be a no show on Sunday...?

Anyone else go? Was there from 4-10 yesterday and had a cracking time. Caught the end of Del Garda, Margaret Dygas and had a few dips into room 3. Crowd was decent and not too busy…been a while since I’ve been so had forgotten how good sound is. Dygas in particular was excellent…dropped Four Tet Planets to excellent effect. All in all a great little Sunday. Free pair of fabric socks too!

What’s the 24 hour Continuum gigs like at Fabric ? Safe to assume busy Saturday night / morning - drop off Sunday morning and busy again Sunday afternoon till close ? And usually room 1 ? Or do they move it around the rooms a bit ?

Back