Fabric

Springal

whats Fabric in London like now after the trouble they've had? My last visit was 18 months ago and had a good night but getting in was a hassle, very intrusive search and doorman were a bit moody all night.

Some great line ups in May so thinking of making a return visit. Will be a Saturday in case it makes a difference..

Haven't been for about a year thinking about it. Whats all the trouble? Last I heard the local authorities had lightened up on them because they did everythging they were asked to do and they showed that the measures imposed only caused negativity and problems. I tend to turn up pretty late like 3am and theres never much of a queue and door staff have always seemed fine as long as your respectful. Nights with huge big name might be bit different but tend to avoid those ones

They were in a bit of hot water with Islington council a year or so ago over licensing and drug searches:

https://www.fabriclondon.com/blog/v...appeal-of-islington-councils-licensing-review

But now that it's been settled, it's fine as far as I could tell a few weeks ago.

Searches weren't intrusive (which makes their comment in that article "...that would otherwise have been confiscated under Fabric’s thorough search procedures" sound pretty tongue-in-cheek as they're probably the most lenient club with their search policy :p)

I don't think you'll have any problems, perfectly reasonable door staff as MiniMarc said as long as you aren't being a buffoon in the queue.

ah ok so it was the same issues from a year or so ago. Fabric is probably a breeze compared with south london venues at the minute. metal detectors etc after some stabbings

Interesting thanks all. Certainly shouldn't stand out and was only 3 of us, maybe caught them on a bad night last time. Will give it a go again

Always a pretty thorough search but that is the same most places. Door staff are usually pretty nice. Fabric First membership worth picking up for queue jumps on busy nights.

Always a pretty thorough search but that is the same most places. Door staff are usually pretty nice. Fabric First membership worth picking up for queue jumps on busy nights.

Yeah fair point and normally go Fire, MoS, Electric Brixton but last Fabric visit resulted in a doorman putting his hand inside my jeans... No problem with searches but was a tad too far

We are going to fabric for the first time this coming saturday. Its been on my 'to do list' for a while... any handy tips? fave room? chill area advice etc? :D

Room 3 if its open is my favourite for a more intimate feel but its hardly open these days.
* just had a look and your in luck!
Dont be afraid to go quite late , you'll walk straight in and theres abit more room from 4/5am onwards.

The area half way up the big stairs sits on top of the dj booth in room 1 if you want to get a good view of dancefloor and that bar is often less busy , as is the one at the back of room 2 (opposite end to dj booth)

also dont be afraid to get through the crowds and get up on the stages , again they can be less busy than they look

hey thanks for these tips! all taken onboard
how about good bars around and about for club drinks?

Never found a decent bar thats open late around farringdon myself. the pub on the corner by the station i think is open till bout 1 or so but nothing to write home about.
Theres a free techno party on at Cafe 1001 which is on brick lane till midnight. That whole area might get you more in the mood if you havent been before. it depends where your staying , from brick lane to fabric after midnight just getting a black cab might not be bad idea or an uber

Lucky, line up this Saturday looks decent but already had plans.

There is a bar just down (up?) the road from Fabric that was OK. Quite commercial but usually nice for pre drinks but does shut about 1-2.

We are going to fabric for the first time this coming saturday. Its been on my 'to do list' for a while... any handy tips? fave room? chill area advice etc? :D

Awesome! My well see you there! ;)

Room 3 if its open is my favourite for a more intimate feel but its hardly open these days.
* just had a look and your in luck!

It is indeed. Cubism with Saytek Live. These are the promoters who are behind The Sun's weekly Clubz column.
Saytek is a genius. I recommend checking him out. Up there with KiNK & Mathew Jonson imo.

Also got a few guys from my hometown playing Room 3. If you like rolling minimal tech a la Hawtin I recommend a DJ/producer called Paul Neary.

Dont be afraid to go quite late , you'll walk straight in and theres abit more room from 4/5am onwards.

Agreed. Main room, and even Room 2 can be unbearably packed until then, and usually full of throbbers. Much better later on when the chaff empties out.

Hahaha, well, I was out from 2pm... And at 1am we decided not to bother. Pitty, but we had a good night.
Will go another time when we aren't meeting people during the day.
So; back on the bucket list

Room 3 is often the best room but would be better sectioned off, because as it is there's always people passing through, which affects the buzz. Last went a couple of years ago. Very good music but shit clientele.

Back