Fabric

They have changed the layout of room 3 last time i was there. No longer is the dj booth along the back wall but on a stage on the opposite side

Assuming they don't get the numbers through the door anymore to justify the thrid room. A massive shame though as I am deffo room 3 over room 2...has that small club feel.

Room 3 is usually open last & first weekend of the month when, generally speaking, ppl still have disposable income left and thus there are more ppl out.

I think its often closed for longer periods during the summer when everyone fooks off to Ibiza!!

would never go now but so many fond memories from the early years. Hearing Tiga pleasure from the bass, chemical brothers nude night, soulwax e talking on that system. Basically, Fabric championed those dark records that offered something different to your glossy Defected nights. Pretty special looking back.

those unisex toilets too..

ame in 2007 played really banging in the main room - they dropped the fauna flash remix of stereotyp keeping me along with the carl craig version of faze action in the trees. seismic tunes. amazing the things you remember when you remember bugger all else.

You just have to pick your nights wisely and go a bit later than you would normally...still can be great. Love the bday weekend each year and the Villalobos late mornings are superb

Haha! Yeah i read about these heroes. Unfortunately they did the sunday night for WYS - otherwise I'd have liked nothing more than to of shared a cuppa with them. Great story!

Was there on Saturday for the first time in quite a while to see Sasha. Fabric's reputation for overzealous doorstaff and bad crowd has kept me from rushing back but very, very glad I did. Arrived after 0400hrs admittedly when a lot of the tourists are reportedly gone or leaving to find doorstaff no better nor worse than elsewhere in London and a really friendly, up for it crowd in rooms 1 and 2.

Stayed away from Sasha initially as it was packed, Terry Francis was banging it out merrily in room 2 anyway. Headed in for Sasha after a bit and it was vintage stuff from him all the way through to 0815hrs. He's still the best of the best in my opinion.

Anyone knows the closing track Joris Voorn played in Fabric last Sat? It sounded extremely familiar
Here it is from his LaFabrica's gig in March (starting at 2hrs12mins):

Anyone knows the closing track Joris Voorn played in Fabric last Sat? It sounded extremely familiar
Here it is from his LaFabrica's gig in March (starting at 2hrs12mins)

Yup, Sebastian Mullaert - You're an Orchestra in the Cosmos (Joris Voorn Interpretation 1), fantastic track

I'm going to Fabric for the first time in a few weeks and am so pumped for it. Seeing the massive line ups (I live in Australia) has always made me jealous. Shogun Label night will be awesome. Ticking this off my bucket list brings a massive smile to my dial :):):):)

I have done a small amount of clubbing in london most when i was early 20's
but went to fabric last feb to see daniel avery, there a lot of negative comments around about the door staff/search but i found it no worse than other searches i have had, i was on my own as my wife was flat out in the hotel after an afternoon out and about but didn't encounter any ne'er do wells, mostly seemed friendly although i do think it is more student'y on a friday night from what i have heard.

Only negative was my own stupidity tbh, rooting in my pocket for some chewy and pulled out a little bag, 2 seconds later had a torch shined in my face and marched upstairs to ''the office'' ! didnt get kicked out which was a surprise and back onto the dance floor for another hour, good club, need to go again.

I have done a small amount of clubbing in london most when i was early 20's
but went to fabric last feb to see daniel avery, there a lot of negative comments around about the door staff/search but i found it no worse than other searches i have had, i was on my own as my wife was flat out in the hotel after an afternoon out and about but didn't encounter any ne'er do wells, mostly seemed friendly although i do think it is more student'y on a friday night from what i have heard.

Only negative was my own stupidity tbh, rooting in my pocket for some chewy and pulled out a little bag, 2 seconds later had a torch shined in my face and marched upstairs to ''the office'' ! didnt get kicked out which was a surprise and back onto the dance floor for another hour, good club, need to go again.

The old "looking for chewing gum" excuse........:rolleyes::rolleyes:;);)

This could be a lethal blow to fabric as we know it.
Very sad for all involved especially the two lads who went out for a night out and didn't come back, and their families.

Back