European Festivals

Just back from Love International...second year on the spin. Did Thursday-Monday night...had a great time again, its such a cool set up - music is 24/7 but moves about throughout the day/night...starts 6am for the sunrise sessions where you will get balearic/"soft landing" style sounds on a smaller stage with hammocks etc and then shifts to the bigger stages nearby. Beach stage during the day again is more eclectic while people are swimming and sunbathing and then as it gets later there are other stages opening with heavier styles. There are 4 boat parties each day - 2 daytime, 2 sunset, and then the open air nightclub Barbarellas is 15 mins down the road by coach/cab and that is 12-6am...then you can start it all again!

Most base themselves in nearby Tisno which is a gorgeous small town about 10/15 mins walk from the site. Lots of good value airbnb's and some nice fish restaurants and swimming spots. Production/sound is top notch throughout. Highlights this year were Dave Harvey/Chez de Milo/Felix Dickinson/Tornado Wallace/Fantastic Man/Apiento/OG/Optimo/Gideon/Tama Sumo/Manfredas/Alex Kassian...

the real deal. very jellz!

Just back from Love International...second year on the spin. Did Thursday-Monday night...had a great time again, its such a cool set up - music is 24/7 but moves about throughout the day/night...starts 6am for the sunrise sessions where you will get balearic/"soft landing" style sounds on a smaller stage with hammocks etc and then shifts to the bigger stages nearby. Beach stage during the day again is more eclectic while people are swimming and sunbathing and then as it gets later there are other stages opening with heavier styles. There are 4 boat parties each day - 2 daytime, 2 sunset, and then the open air nightclub Barbarellas is 15 mins down the road by coach/cab and that is 12-6am...then you can start it all again!

Most base themselves in nearby Tisno which is a gorgeous small town about 10/15 mins walk from the site. Lots of good value airbnb's and some nice fish restaurants and swimming spots. Production/sound is top notch throughout. Highlights this year were Dave Harvey/Chez de Milo/Felix Dickinson/Tornado Wallace/Fantastic Man/Apiento/OG/Optimo/Gideon/Tama Sumo/Manfredas/Alex Kassian...
Sounds nice 👌

Very jealous
Went in 2022 and planning a return next summer.

Highlight that year was the Sunday, we’d had a quiet one the night before, got up early to catch the last couple of hours of SASS who had been playing all night at the Olive Grove, then a boat party with Midland and Craig Richards and later had Hodge b2b Bruce and then Anz. It was some day..

Not really a festival, but went to another Krankbrother street party in Shoreditch on Saturday and they never disappoint! Been 3 years in a row and seen Apollonia, Kerri Chandler, Dixon and Ben UFO. Check out the listings next year when they're released - highly recommend!

Junction 2 brilliant as per. They took on feedback and put in ‘the done’ which is much better than the Quad thing last year (which weather didn’t help)

Probably the best Adam Beyer set I’ve seen as well, wasn’t sure how it’d work with Amelie Lens as she’s gone a bit ‘CDW’ IMO, but was just relentless techno the whole 2 hours. Crowd was proper bouncing, cheering etc - makes a change from most moody / ketted out London crowds

Windy weather not helping the festivals this weekend, seeing some clips of tents going flying at Creamfields and Leeds 🌪🌪🌪

Anyone dared to watch the Topping / Solomon B2B ?

Found a recording on some NZ channel as Youtube is blocked. Skipped through the set - basically an EDM/banging house-fest with a spattering of brief deeper moments in the second half. Nothing subtle about any of it :lol:

Kicks off like this >>

Some mix of this appears >>

this gets thrown in

Reach for another Panadol at this >>

... and breathe a sigh of relief it's almost over at this

I'm sure the kids had fun. 🥴 :lol:

... oh ... this little number was mixed over at some point - no idea if it's been sampled into a track or was just used as a DJ tool but it'll probably be ID - ID'ing about !

... and Solomun managed to cram in Bomfunk MC's Freestyler with a bit of manipulation of the knobs. Older-style tracks were actually much more recently released including this

plus some weird source stuff

Last edited:
Looking like the Oasis reunion will finally (definately maybe) be announced Tuesday at 8am. Wembley and Heaton Park Manchester lined up according to the press

Festivals seem to be having a genre crisis. Electronic Fred Again headlining Reading. Robbie Williams signing Angels at Creamfields...awaits Download booking Sabrina Carpenter :)

Well blow me, Lost Village Festival now ranks as the best festival I've been to and will definitely be returning. Unsure how I've not been before next year will be the 10th.

A completely sound crowd and high quality house music across about 10 stages.

Particular highlights:

Shanti Celeste b2b Peach
Anish Kumar
Ben UFO
Roi Perez
Aroop Roy
Bicep

In absolute hell today mind. Hammered it.

Had a mate at Boiler Room London yesterday. Turns out they put Disclosure on one of the smallest stages, which was also ‘indoors’ - ended up having to be shut due to overcrowding and people trying to get in. No idea what the promoter was thinking + how Disclosures management even took the booking if they weren’t on a bigger stage

Well blow me, Lost Village Festival now ranks as the best festival I've been to and will definitely be returning. Unsure how I've not been before next year will be the 10th.

A completely sound crowd and high quality house music across about 10 stages.

Particular highlights:

Shanti Celeste b2b Peach
Anish Kumar
Ben UFO
Roi Perez
Aroop Roy
Bicep

In absolute hell today mind. Hammered it.

Are you looking like your profile pic 😂

I arrived at Moovin festival with my day ticket on Saturday afternoon, very much still bladdered from Friday night... didnt end up leaving till the end of Sunday night.

Pretty eventful weekend and enjoyed the small, intimate and chilled festival.

@diver and his family spotted me on my own at some point during Garnier set, which blew my head off a bit at the time, had no idea he was there 🤣

Back