European Festivals

Did Elrow Town Holland last weekend.
It was okay but nothing spectacular I guess. Location was a long drive, about 50 mins north of Amsterdam on a huge meadow.
It's happening with more festivals in the Netherlands, escaping Amsterdam due to their rules and license issues.
The weather was superb, finally a glimpse of summer in the Netherlands. But the festival lacked a real outdoor MainStage. There was an outdoor stage though, where Chris Stussy closed but the area and the stage was a bit too small all the people that came to see him.
There were essentially two "main tents", both with an Elrow Art theme, one Kaos Garden by Okuda and one Delusionville by Ron English. Amazing decoration and because this was organized outside of Amsterdam we finally had confetti in the tents. This was a license problem in Amsterdam for years.

Did a lot of festival in Netherlands and Spain this year...can say that Loveland weekender in Amsterdam Sloterpark was the absolute best for me.
No more festivals this summer, ibiza in a few weeks and then club season may begin with ADE!

Had tickets for waterworks but actually going to Ibiza now instead….really is a cracking festival though - been to the last 3.

Strangely... Elrow Town Netherlands (29 June 2024) has suddenly been cancelled. Was supposed to be the 7th edition here and "their biggest and best edition yet"....
Probably because of disappointing ticket sales.

Lovelands' Kingsday festival, called Loveland Orange here, has f*cked up. They posted an excuse for long waiting times and blamed it on security measures by the local government but I was there and can tell it was just crazy oversold just like almost everything nowadays.
They also underestimated the popularity shift from Techno to House in terms of stage sizes. House was just impossible to get in after a certain time in the afternoon.

Heads up for everyone that's heading to Music On Festival next week... that's the same organization and the same terrain. Even though they say the know about the issues and will learn from it on Instagram, there's not much you can do about this terrain and the entrance. Get there early would be my advise.

I have no concerns about 909 or the Loveland weekender, since those are both in a different area....however understaffing and overselling events to survice the high production costs seems a trend in the Netherlands so be aware.

Lovelands' Kingsday festival, called Loveland Orange here, has f*cked up. They posted an excuse for long waiting times and blamed it on security measures by the local government but I was there and can tell it was just crazy oversold just like almost everything nowadays.
They also underestimated the popularity shift from Techno to House in terms of stage sizes. House was just impossible to get in after a certain time in the afternoon.

Heads up for everyone that's heading to Music On Festival next week... that's the same organization and the same terrain. Even though they say the know about the issues and will learn from it on Instagram, there's not much you can do about this terrain and the entrance. Get there early would be my advise.

I have no concerns about 909 or the Loveland weekender, since those are both in a different area....however understaffing and overselling events to survice the high production costs seems a trend in the Netherlands so be aware.
Oh wow - my friends who lived there did some lovely little events, we will come next year!

Oh wow - my friends who lived there did some lovely little events, we will come next year!
Good choice. There were some great names playing around in various smaller parties today, Slapfunk, Colorado Charlie, Wavy....gonna think twice before I go to Loveland Orange again next year :D
Any more on this?
All I know is that some ticketholders got an email saying something along the lines of: "we aim to deliver our best but as many of you can't come this year we made the hard decision to cancel etc...." And giving them the chance to redeem their ticket for a MysteryLand Saturday ticket where Elrow is hosting a stage. Lots of ticketholders haven't received anything and are asking for clarity on social media. Event seems to have been dissapeared from Insta and Facebook as if it never existed. That baffles me, even as an Elrow lover. To be honest, I didnt buy tickets yet because we usually get on gl shortly before the event so I didnt get any email myself. But hardly anything over 5000 visitors sell out anymore this year so it seems like tough times for the big festivals.

We Are Fstvl cancels at short notice. Council pulls the site presumably due to record rainfall and ‘safety’ of the site.

Lots of DJs paid for 45min / 60min sets will be disappointed

Any more on this?

Still no official word from Elrow, besides emails to (not all) ticket buyers. Lots of questions in comments on their socials. It's been deleted from all schedules as if the festival never existed.

And if you look at the line up for Elrow Town London, they appearently struggled with the same issues there but could not cancel? There is one elrow stage with a mediocre line up and 8 "hosted stages". People are furious and asking for refunds.

Quite shocking compared to the past few years.

Still no official word from Elrow, besides emails to (not all) ticket buyers. Lots of questions in comments on their socials. It's been deleted from all schedules as if the festival never existed.

And if you look at the line up for Elrow Town London, they appearently struggled with the same issues there but could not cancel? There is one elrow stage with a mediocre line up and 8 "hosted stages". People are furious and asking for refunds.

Quite shocking compared to the past few years.
Are you now no longer a "Lover of Elrow"?

Back