European Festivals

looks like a campsite full of pikeys going bush haha......only joking mate

cracking pic, and deep in the forest right enough

19 days til Unknown in croatia :)

Riverside festival in glasgow this weekend, should be a decent day out
EF_HOME_BANNER1.jpg

2 weeks until Bestival! Ok, it's not really European, but I've got to get the ferry to get there so I'm claiming it. Very much looking forward to this, strong DJ lineup and some interesting other acts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do fancy Bestival at some point. Always hear good reports back on it, bit of a trek from up here though.

I'd definitely watch Elton John as well.

we went to tomorrowland this year, have to be honest and say i was really impressed, was pretty well run and a good spectacle. Def very spendy though. Next year dying to try Exit, a colleague of mine has gone the last couple of years and says it's amazing.

Riverside Festival in Glasgow this Saturday, fingers crossed the sun makes an appearance and the bams don't!

I can't recommend Exit enough. Went in '09 and easily the best festival I've done. Hopefully getting a few together for it again next year.

fly to croatia next week for Unknown...weather forecast is absolute murder!!
cloud/rain/thunderstorms forecast for every day.

just as well we have an apartment and not camping.

i'm sure we will make the best of it, have a great time anyway (its not like we're not used to rain & shit weather in glasgow...) but its obviously going to dampen the experience really.
boat partys in the rain!!...just like the queen's jubilee barge fiasco! :)

i did always worry that mid september was perhaps too late for croatia though, should've went to electric elephant or stop making sense....oh well

We are currently building a new site for festivals world wide.
Its far from finished. Looks like crap.
But you allready are able to find most of the electronic festivals that are happening in Europe / Asia / America.
Might help you to find some new adventures for the last months of the years or plan ahead for 2014.
http://www.electronic-festivals.com/

We are currently building a new site for festivals world wide.
Its far from finished. Looks like crap.
But you allready are able to find most of the electronic festivals that are happening in Europe / Asia / America.
Might help you to find some new adventures for the last months of the years or plan ahead for 2014.
http://www.electronic-festivals.com/
Great idea for a site but I see you're missing two of the biggest in Europe! Exit and Kazantip

Wrong thread I know but I'll post this here as it's already been talked about. Bestival was absolutely insane! I've done Creamfields twice, Global, Isle of Wight, and none of them come close to this for the vibe, diversity, the sound systems or the arenas. It really was special. Weather was awful apart from Saturday afternoon, and it's made me ill, but it didn't put a downer on it. I missed so many sets that I wanted to see but was impossible not to.

Friday was Wu-tang clan then a bit of Jessie Ware before moving to The Port (check out photos, a seriously cool arena) for Duke Dumont, Eats Everything, Maya Jane Coles, Richie Hawtin then Seth Troxler. A seriously long session and I was exhausted at the end of that.

Saturday was sunny so went to sit at the main stage and drink, then up and dancing to Bastille (really impressive live), then Mark Ronson vs Zane Lowe. I was part of a group with mixed taste in music so this was a compromise but really good fun. We also went to check out some of the smaller areas with lesser known DJs and bands which was really good, some impressive shows. Then back to the main stage to catch most of Snoop Dogg. Not my thing but an experience and cool production. I wandered off to see a London Grammar DJ set in this smaller tent, they'll be big in no time.

Early Sunday was a write off with the weather and fuzzy heads so we sat in a hippie tent, got some breakfast and got back on it before heading to The Port for the Hospitality takeover, smaller arenas, then Chic ft Nile Rodgers, and the start of Elton John. It was an impressive spectacle with his band, but I went off to see Carl Cox at the port, which was insane. It was tipping it down but the fireworks, lasers, sound system and really good set kept everyone going til the close, where he finished with about 20 minutes of DnB which surprised me.

I'll definitely go again next year, such good fun.

Back