Drugs

I actually died during a dmt breakthrough a few months ago. Literally died. I still havnt fully integrated it yet. Havnt done anything else since.
I have 5meo in my cupboard, never tried it but the time just isn't right for me yet to get back on the pychonaught journey.

I actually died during a dmt breakthrough a few months ago. Literally died. I still havnt fully integrated it yet. Havnt done anything else since.
I have 5meo in my cupboard, never tried it but the time just isn't right for me yet to get back on the pychonaught journey.

Died? Actually died?

Holy fcuk, I didn’t realise that could happen😬

I generally don’t push myself too far into this stuff as my own mind is a bit of a dark corridor in places, from past experiences in my life.

I’m always mindful that I might unwittingly unlock it if I push it too far.

I remember watching that Tribe programme years ago when Bruce Parry takes that stuff that is similar to DMT and has a crazy trip back through his mind.

Really interesting stuff, but I don’t think I could go through with it.

Died? Actually died?

Holy fcuk, I didn’t realise that could happen😬

I generally don’t push myself too far into this stuff as my own mind is a bit of a dark corridor in places, from past experiences in my life.

I’m always mindful that I might unwittingly unlock it if I push it too far.

I remember watching that Tribe programme years ago when Bruce Parry takes that stuff that is similar to DMT and has a crazy trip back through his mind.

Really interesting stuff, but I don’t think I could go through with it.
I always tell people to write on each arm "you're fine" and the other "it's all in your head"

It's a great pre trip confidence boost and easy mental lifeline

Auditioning for Flatliners ?

Have you looked for people/groups to discuss it with? Ego death isn't uncommon on DMT. I've read reports of people experiencing nothingness. If you read How To Change Your Mind, I think Michael Pollan describes it as his scariest trip.

Never do any of this stuff alone... It can be harrowing without reassurance or someone holding your hand. I had a bad 2cb turn in London a few years back and somehow found myself hiding in shop doorways every time a vehicle passed. There's probably better ways to end your birthday..

Slight tangent but perhaps interesting read for those who have done dmt or that. Tldr : universe is a fundamentally strange place...

Edit: after watching this on Amazon prime.

Btw simulation theory doesn't necessarily mean running on a computer in someone's basement 🤣. Could be the universe is a physical situation.

Last edited:
The above posts are why I have never understood the appeal of hallucinogens. Feeling like you’ve actually died doesn’t strike me as a particularly fun night out 🤣

They are not all meant to be recreational. I mean, 2cb is recreational at low doses, and until the other night, I would have considered it the most fun and forgiving psychedelic.. but mix it with other stuff or take more than you intend and it can get scary. Would always stick to doing it at home rather than out, as the visuals are intense. Could see it going wrong even at low doses if you're not somewhere you feel safe or are having to deal with strangers!

Just to clarify, this was NOT a bad trip or an unpleasant experience. Infact, far from it. It was totally indescribable.

There was a brief period as I was blasting off through hyperspace that my heart was beating so hard and fast that it was scary, then i had a heart attack and it stopped, and from my experience I was dead for around 20 minutes, floating in the abyss, then bit by bit it felt that I was being given a 2nd chance on earth, and that I had a purpose yet to fulfil here.

Of course I wasn't actually physically dead. Anyone who's had a breakthrough experience on dmt will hopefully understand.

I video all my trips just so I can watch them back and help me understand and remember what happened (I try and talk my way through it, describing the things I see and the places I'm in), and there's a distinct bit in the video that I remember my heart exploding.

Also for clarity, a vaporised dmt trip is around 10mins max for me, but iv been using a maoi to make these trips last an hour and makes a breakthrough experience much easier.

Just to clarify, this was NOT a bad trip or an unpleasant experience. Infact, far from it. It was totally indescribable.

There was a brief period as I was blasting off through hyperspace that my heart was beating so hard and fast that it was scary, then i had a heart attack and it stopped, and from my experience I was dead for around 20 minutes, floating in the abyss, then bit by bit it felt that I was being given a 2nd chance on earth, and that I had a purpose yet to fulfil here.

I'm really not sure why a person would want to simulate death using a drug... hope you're OK - always help out there :cool:

I'm really not sure why a person would want to simulate death using a drug... hope you're OK - always help out there :cool:
I didn't set out to simulate death.

Iv had 3 or 4 breakthrough experiences, that was the only one that involved dieing.

I'm not a religious person in the slightest, infact I hate religion, but let me tell you that when reflecting on a dmt breakthrough experience that the most plausible reason for what you see/experience is that there there is some type of greater power, or a creator of some sort.

There are a number of trials where a high dose of psilocybin, enough to bring on ego death/feelings of merging with the universe, has been given to patients with a terminal cancer diagnosis. Outcomes point to patients becoming far less scared of death.

Johns Hopkins Study of Psilocybin in Cancer Patients - MAPS

Summary: This study showed that psilocybin produced substantial and sustained decreases in depression and anxiety in patients with life-threatening cancer, and that mystical-type experiences on session days mediated the effect of psilocybin dose on therapeutic outcomes. Participants, staff, and community observers rated participant moods, attitudes, and behaviors throughout the study. High-dose psilocybin produced large decreases in clinician- and self-rated measures of depressed mood and anxiety, along with increases in quality of life, life meaning, and optimism, and decreases in death anxiety. At 6-month follow-up, these changes were sustained, with about 80% of participants continuing to show clinically significant decreases in depressed mood and anxiety. Study participants attributed improvements in attitudes about life/self, mood, relationships, and spirituality to the high-dose experience, with >80% endorsing moderately or greater increased well-being/life satisfaction, which was further supported by community observer ratings showing corresponding changes.

I video all my trips just so I can watch them back and help me understand and remember what happened (I try and talk my way through it, describing the things I see and the places I'm in), and there's a distinct bit in the video that I remember my heart exploding.

Do you have a trip sitter or do you trip alone? I was starting to worry about what would happen if I started shouting out (at 6am in the morning; I live in a 4-in-a-block flat and you can hear neighbours through the walls) or the potential for other erratic behaviour. But I think physical expression can be part of letting stuff out during a strong trip rather than an unwanted side effect. There is a Hamilton Morris episode about 5-meo-dmt where people are rolling around and acting like they're fighting with invisible beings after a few hits of it, yet they always come out feeling refreshed. The main concern is that it can make you puke and if you roll into the wrong position you could choke on your vomit.

Do you have a trip sitter or do you trip alone? I was starting to worry about what would happen if I started shouting out (at 6am in the morning; I live in a 4-in-a-block flat and you can hear neighbours through the walls) or the potential for other erratic behaviour. But I think physical expression can be part of letting stuff out during a strong trip rather than an unwanted side effect. There is a Hamilton Morris episode about 5-meo-dmt where people are rolling around and acting like they're fighting with invisible beings after a few hits of it, yet they always come out feeling refreshed. The main concern is that it can make you puke and if you roll into the wrong position you could choke on your vomit.
No sitter, I wouldn't fully relax with a sitter.
On dmt I just lay still and quiet, I am in zero danger.
With the 5meo iv yet to try but I feel it will be similar enough.

I think the reaction on some of those videos are way overstated.
Also the reason for the potential vomiting and sickness is (to my knowledge) comes mainly from smoking the buffo toad secretions, so there are other substances in there not just the 5meo and bufotenine.

I have synthetic freebase 5meo so the dosing should be more accurate and pure.

With edibles and shrooms I'd be far more anxious about harming myself, especially as those trips last so long. I don't really like that.

Should really go in the Psychedelic Science thread, but seeing as everyone prefers this one...

Another step on the road to MDMA becoming a medicine in conjunction with therapy.

MAPS’ Phase 3 Trial of MDMA-Assisted Therapy for PTSD Achieves Successful Results for Patients with Severe, Chronic PTSD - MAPS

MAPS’ Phase 3 Trial of MDMA-Assisted Therapy for PTSD Achieves Successful Results for Patients with Severe, Chronic PTSD​

Written on May 3, 2021.

• The highly statistically significant results and excellent safety record suggest MDMA-assisted therapy will be an effective treatment for severe, chronic PTSD
  • 67% of participants who received three MDMA-assisted therapy sessions no longer qualified for a PTSD diagnosis and 88% experienced a clinically meaningful reduction in symptoms
  • The pivotal Phase 3 trial treated 90 patients with severe, chronic PTSD from any cause with an average duration of 14 years and replicated the results of Phase 2 trials
  • Study participants included patients with PTSD caused by combat-related events; accidents; abuse; and sexual harm; 84% have a history of developmental trauma
  • MAPS is hopeful that these results will facilitate FDA approval in 2023 for this Breakthrough-designated therapy

Psychedelics make us realise there is a higher power out there. If not respected, it can bite us on the arse.

The original AA higher power.

LSD could help alcoholics stop drinking, AA founder believed | Drugs | The Guardian
The co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) believed LSD could be used to cure alcoholics and credited the drug with helping his own recovery from often debilitating depression, according to new research.

About 20 years after setting up the Ohio-based sobriety movement in 1935, Bill Wilson came to believe that LSD could help "cynical alcoholics" achieve a "spiritual awakening" and start on the path to recovery.

The discovery that Wilson considered using the drug as an aid to recovery for addicts was made by Don Lattin, author of a book to be published in October by the University of California Press, entitled Distilled Spirits.

Lattin found letters and documents revealing that Wilson at first struggled with the idea that one drug could be used to overcome addiction to another. LSD, which was first synthesised in 1938, is a non-addictive drug that alters thought processes and can inspire spiritual experiences. Wilson thought initially the substance could help others understand the alcohol-induced hallucinations experienced by addicts, and that it might terrify drinkers into changing their ways.

Advertisement

But after his first acid trip, at the Veterans Administration (VA) hospital in Los Angeles on 29 August 1956, Wilson began to believe it was insight, not terror, that could help alcoholics recover.

LSD, by mimicking insanity, could help alcoholics achieve a central tenet of the Twelve Step programme proposed by AA, he believed. It was a matter of finding "a power greater than ourselves" that "could restore us to sanity". He warned: "I don't believe [LSD] has any miraculous property of transforming spiritually and emotionally sick people into healthy ones overnight. It can set up a shining goal on the positive side, after all it is only a temporary ego-reducer."

But Wilson added: "The vision and insights given by LSD could create a large incentive – at least in a considerable number of people."

His words were found in a late 50s letter to Father Ed Dowling, a Catholic priest and member of an experimental group he had formed in New York to explore the spiritual potential of LSD.

Wilson is known to have taken LSD in supervised experiments in the 1950s with Betty Eisner, an American psychologist known for pioneering use of LSD and other psychedelic drugs as adjuncts to psychotherapy, and Sidney Cohen, a psychiatrist in Los Angeles.

Wilson also discussed, in great detail, taking LSD with the author Aldous Huxley, and it is likely, though not proven, that the pair experimented with the drug together.

"I am certain that the LSD experiment has helped me very much," Wilson wrote in a 1957 letter to the science writer and philosopher Gerald Heard. "I find myself with a heightened colour perception and an appreciation of beauty almost destroyed by my years of depressions."

In a talk given in 1976, Humphry Osmond, the British psychiatrist who coined the word "psychedelic", said he told Wilson in 1956 "that [LSD] was good news".

Osmond said: "But [Wilson] was far from pleased with the idea of alcoholics being assailed by some strange chemical. Later on Bill got extremely interested and … he likened his LSD experience to his earlier vision of seeing this chain of drunks around the world, all helping each other. This caused various scandals in AA. They were very ambivalent about their great founder taking LSD, yet they wouldn't have existed if he hadn't been of an adventurous kind of mind."

Lattin also found letters in which Eisner described Wilson's thoughts when attending the VA hospital in 1956 to take LSD in a controlled experiment with herself, Cohen and Wilson's wife, Lois. "Alcoholics Anonymous was actually considering using LSD," Eisner wrote. "Alcoholics get to a point in the [programme] where they need a spiritual experience but not all of them are able to have one."

In a letter to Heard in September 1956, shortly after his first LSD experience, Wilson admitted he was appreciating the drug's value. "I do feel a residue of assurance and a feeling of enhanced beauty that seems likely to stay by me."

A few months on Wilson was yet more positive about the long-term benefits. "More and more it appears to me that the experience has done a sustained good," he wrote to Heard on 4 December 1956. "My reactions to things totally, and in particular, have very definitely improved for no other reason that I can see."

Lattin said Wilson was "so intrigued by the spiritual potential of LSD" he formed the experimental group that included Dowling, and Eugene Exman, Harper's religious book editor. Wilson, however, remained sensitive to the controversy of his experiments. In a letter to Cohen, written between 1956 and 1961, he reported hearing gossip about his LSD use in AA circles. He reminded Cohen about "the desirability" of omitting his name "when discussing LSD with AAs". Cohen reassured Wilson that his LSD trials did not include other active AA members.

In 1958 Wilson defended his drug use in a long letter but soon afterwards removed himself from the AA governing body to be free to do his experiments.

According to the anonymous author of his official biography, Wilson felt LSD "helped him eliminate many barriers erected by the self, or ego, that stand in the way of one's direct experiences of the cosmos and of god". He "thought he might have found something that could make a big difference to the lives of many who still suffered".

But, according to Pass It On, published in 1984 by AA World Services in New York, the movement was totally against his suggestions. "As word of Bill's activities reached the fellowship there were inevitable repercussions. Most AAs were violently opposed to his experimenting with a mind-altering substance. LSD was then totally unfamiliar, poorly researched, and entirely experimental – and Bill was taking it."

Back