drink prices 2017

I bought my first Ibiza club drink in 1994 at Es Paradis. It was 2 x gin and tonics and they came to 16 pounds. It was late season and they did a buy one get one free on first drink (never seen that since). "Make it last" I said to the missus:lol:
You still payed £8 in 1994 for a G&T:eek: or ladyboys as we called them with shot of Bailey's

You still payed £8 in 1994 for a G&T:eek: or ladyboys as we called them with shot of Bailey's
Lol. I think that it may have been 200 potatoes to the pound that year but I could be wrong?
Inflation calculation says it should be £15 now

I remember staying in la marina hostel in early 90's and all bars had buy 1 get 1 free drinks but still dearer than 2 drink at home now days.. it was always expensive,but atleast back then you didn't have to pay for VIP experience. If you were lucky you would be invited in during the night..:) be it you had good drugs,good rack:twisted: or in my case we played pool.with some arab blokes in the liberty bar and later that night in pacha when th vip was just off the dance floor up a few steps we got I tap on the shoulder to come join us..1 big table full of drink and fruits,the 2 arab lads and a bevy of girls.:) I was dripping with sweat,curtains hair style and a t shirt 3 sizes to big. :eek: I had vodka,fruit and left...:cool:

So guys

Does anybody know if we can buy a bottle without booking a table in the Pacha or Hï ?
Either way, it's cheaper to buy individual drinks. I've done calculations on 375 a bottle.
C grade GCSE maths was always going to help me out.

Either way, it's cheaper to buy individual drinks. I've done calculations on 375 a bottle.
C grade GCSE maths was always going to help me out.
Are you sure? What size are the bottles because a standard 750ml bottle has 30 single 25 ml measures in and most clubs would be charging 15+ per single no? so 30 separate drinks would work out to £450
Now that's why I got an A in GCSE maths ;)

Are you sure? What size are the bottles because a standard 750ml bottle has 30 single 25 ml measures in and most clubs would be charging 15+ per single no? so 30 separate drinks would work out to £450

Id wager most measures in ibiza are more than 25ml. Most are very generous (and so they f***ing should be!!).

Id wager most measures in ibiza are more than 25ml. Most are very generous (and so they f***ing should be!!).

that is true, but now that you mention this I remember something - last night a friend and me noticed that at hï, the measures were definitely not the normal ibiza generous pours, but probably more what you are used to get in the UK.

that is true, but now that you mention this I remember something - last night a friend and me noticed that at hï, the measures were definitely not the normal ibiza generous pours, but probably more what you are used to get in the UK.

You're right Stivi, that reminded me - one of the girls in our group during Hï Opening said that the bar staff actually measured out the alcohol for her drink rather than using the free pour method usually seen in Ibiza.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right Stivi, that reminded me - one of the girls in our group during Hï Opening said that the bar staff actually measured out the alcohol for her drink rather than using the free pour method usually seen in Ibiza.

exactly this.

Dude, the drinks are at least a double. So 15 drinks per bottle (if they are 750ml ) would be 15 x 22 (on side of caution) 330. Buying a full bottle reduces the opportunity cost of changing you drink through the night too.

This has just reminded me of my last night in Ibiza last year, was at Dunes the night they were closing. The size of the vodka's they were pouring were something else. Wasn't leaving much room for coke. And I wondered why I felt so bad flying home the next day.

exactly this.

It doesn't really affect me as I don't drink alcohol whilst I'm in Ibizan clubs (other than an occasional beer) but it seems very unfair to increase the drink prices and reduce the alcohol content! :eek:

It doesn't really affect me as I don't drink alcohol whilst I'm in Ibizan clubs (other than an occasional beer) but it seems very unfair to increase the drink prices and reduce the alcohol content! :eek:

with the risk of me getting a slap on my hands from someone - I agree. in a way, up until now you could at least reason by saying ´well yeah they are expensive, but you get almost double of what you´d get normally´. but in the case of hï....meh.

also - I have to say I´ve gotten used to those generous pours. not sure this is good or not :lol::lol::lol:

I think hi is fckd if their at that shite already in first month open..they willl have to change everything and go VVIP..:).

Pretty sure someone said on here before that Ushuaia was the only place in Ibiza they had ever seen single measure optics on the bottles as opposed to the the double and trebles you usually get when they just pour it in.

Back