drink prices 2017

Just got back from ibiza and I have to say getting only 2 euros change from a 50 note for 2 waters and 2 bottled beers at Hi still surprised a seasoned visitor like me.

The very weak pound is killing us. We would normally take between 10% and 30% off to convert to pounds but now its practically one to one.

Just got back from ibiza and I have to say getting only 2 euros change from a 50 note for 2 waters and 2 bottled beers at Hi still surprised a seasoned visitor like me.

The very weak pound is killing us. We would normally take between 10% and 30% off to convert to pounds but now its practically one to one.
Ermm why is that surprising? Surely you wouldn't have got nuch more change, if any had you been in Amnesia or Pacha? Beer €15 and Water €9

Beer is actually 12 at Pacha.

@craig72 that Michael Douglas pic is killing me haaha. The vneck he's wearing so out of place in that club scene

Is there a list of any bargain bars that sell decent beer? Mainly interested in Bossa, but anywhere really. I guess the rule of thumb is to get off the main drag and you'll find some gems. Any secret haunts?
Loads in pdb. Across the road from algarb and work your way up towards the sirenis and torre del mar hotels and Ibiza town. Plenty of places to get a pint of Estella for 3 euro. Sports bar is round there too which is about 4 euro with brilliant stodgy British food. The full English breakfast is probably the best I ever had and a terrific hangover cure.

Loads in pdb. Across the road from algarb and work your way up towards the sirenis and torre del mar hotels and Ibiza town. Plenty of places to get a pint of Estella for 3 euro. Sports bar is round there too which is about 4 euro with brilliant stodgy British food. The full English breakfast is probably the best I ever had and a terrific hangover cure.
Yeh i rememer sports bar, havent been for years they do amazing english food and cheap too!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but for a 4 day trip how much spending money would be enough each day? We're self catering & already bought tickets to two parties we want to go (elrow & defected) possibly might want to do something else too when we get there. I've never been before so totally clueless.
Rule of thumb is normally £100 per day, and ticket costs/other clubbing expenses on top of that. If you can try and do yourself a cheap breakfast in your room every day, like eggs and toast or something, that will save you money. Get yourself a baguette from the supermarket for lunch, buy alcohol from the shop to drink on the beach etc. There are ways to save money but generally you will be discussing how expensive it all is on a regular basis! But if it wasn't worth it, we wouldn't all keep going....hope you enjoy ;-)

Tinned-potato jokes aside, that lunch-time option of a fresh baguette with cured meats & cheese bought from local Spar is a real guilty pleasure of mine. And very affordable.

Perhaps it won't do much for nutrition!! But I find when it comes to Ibiza - and partying - eating something (anything) is better than not eating at all. Which I have been guilty of in the past. Just becomes an afterthought when you've got 72hrs on the island and the parties come thick-and-fast.

Tinned-potato jokes aside, that lunch-time option of a fresh baguette with cured meats & cheese bought from local Spar is a real guilty pleasure of mine. And very affordable.

Perhaps it won't do much for nutrition!! But I find when it comes to Ibiza - and partying - eating something (anything) is better than not eating at all. Which I have been guilty of in the past. Just becomes an afterthought when you've got 72hrs on the island and the parties come thick-and-fast.

Exactly what we were doing this year. Popping down the beach in the day with a fresh baguette, fresh meats, cheese and aioli (you've got to enjoy it whilst your there). It's great option if your looking to save some money as eating out 3 times a day, regardless of how little you want to spend becomes expensive.

sandwiches , u get bored after eating some 2-3 times

meals made by shop is the answer, i used to eat bolognese spaghetti 3-4€, it save ur day on the way from a party to another party
Be sure tio have fork as one time i didnt have & use a knife to eat, thanks lords i didnt cut my tongue but it could be as i was very clumsy with minds 20% accurate :lol:
many nice meals if u had a micro wave, oven & so on...

100€+ a day is quiet my rules too..if broke it will be 50€ ..it can be 150€ some days ..

only 3 nice restaurants with seaside view for 2 weeks in ibz..

for Drink, drink as much as u can outside bars restaurants clubs, al ot of waiters get piss as i never order booze even offered by girls (fancy german girls on whikey coke & i ask sparkling water :p, with the road to san josé bmi planned after, too dangerous to drive drunk, minds already messy , i dont need more stuff to get it more messy exception once in fancy places)
in clubs always stick to water, coke (soft drink, niot the drug :rolleyes:)..mixe with dry gingember fruits from pockets , a real tonic drink :cool: i can last more than u take sniff all the coco/coke u can :spank:
ps:cars is like mini bar Tapas bar so issue solved with the non eating stuff :lol:

Last edited:
we stocked up a few times at the San An LIDL last Septemeber and cooked back at the apt along with a few meals out. I have a weakness for bocadillos, tortillas, bistecs de vedella, buñuelos de bacalo, queso manchego, melons in particular but they do line the stomach and I never get stupidly pissed anymore as a result. I drank hierbas pretty much everywhere, one bar in gertrudis served a really nice one (probably mari mayans). just the nicest drink on the planet, yet which strangely is never quite the same when you drink it anywhere else.

I remember years ago, ordering a tall glass of Hierbas was a cheaper option for a decent drink at the bar. How is the price of that these days?

Ermm why is that surprising? Surely you wouldn't have got much more change, if any had you been in Amnesia or Pacha? Beer €15 and Water €9

I guess mentally to me the average for those 4 drinks would have been about 10 each (in whatever club), beers being slightly over and water slightly under 10 euros.. so the least I was expecting was a note back

How much is a beer in Amnesia? And how much for Vodka Red Bull? Can see us spending a good couple hundred on Thursday

Back