Donald Trump....

wall to wall virtue signalling, people swapping hashtags with their mates. cos that's gonna change the world man.... but it feels good yeah

if you want the blob (and his ilk) out of office (and I'd guess most of us on here do), engage with the people who vote for him. find a way of getting through to them, cos they sure as hell won't be following your instafeed.

assuming of course, you genuinely care, beyond the posturing...

wall to wall virtue signalling, people swapping hashtags with their mates. cos that's gonna change the world man.... but it feels good yeah

if you want the blob (and his ilk) out of office (and I'd guess most of us on here do), engage with the people who vote for him. find a way of getting through to them, cos they sure as hell won't be following your instafeed.

assuming of course, you genuinely care, beyond the posturing...

I share out anti-racist stuff on FB, not because I'm a virtue signaller, but because that's what I believe. Sometimes, like that that The House I Live In doc I posted on here, it's stuff that might take people in deeper. It's also interesting to see who responds and actually gives a shit. I do have a particular black friend who is very happy when she sees people taking notice rather than just staying silent. Also I have friends/colleagues who aren't of the same political persuasion as me... maybe, just maybe they might read something that changes their mind.

I share out anti-racist stuff on FB, not because I'm a virtue signaller, but because that's what I believe. Sometimes, like that that The House I Live In doc I posted on here, it's stuff that might take people in deeper. It's also interesting to see who responds and actually gives a shit. I do have a particular black friend who is very happy when she sees people taking notice rather than just staying silent. Also I have friends/colleagues who aren't of the same political persuasion as me... maybe, just maybe they might read something that changes their mind.

who exactly are you persuading though? beyond your like-minded pals.. EDIT in America (the opinions of Brits count for shit)

it's like nobody actually learns from history

who exactly are you persuading though? beyond your like-minded pals.. EDIT in America (the opinions of Brits count for shit)

it's like nobody actually learns from history

Because police brutality and racism has never been a problem in the UK? No far right threat in the UK?

Because police brutality and racism has never been a problem in the UK?

yes I have studied modern British history too....

my issue here is with the lazy meme culture. people preaching to the choir to make themselves feel better.

if you're sincere you have to reach out to people whose views you hate - that means contacting people in smalltown states rather than flooding your mates' timelines...

I agree it probably won't change the world but, to me, it's more about solidarity than making myself better - as I said, I do have a black friend who very much appreciates it when white people actually acknowledge the struggle black people face, and is actually bothered that so many white people don't seem to.

What do you think's going to happen by contacting someone in a smalltown state? I can't really see these people being persuaded. Things are looking very grim for the U.S. right now.

It's actually good to see (for example) the BBC coming down on the black side today. None of this there are good and bad people on both sides shite that Trump uses to muddy the waters.

I agree it probably won't change the world but, to me, it's more about solidarity than making myself better - as I said, I do have a black friend who very much appreciates it when white people actually acknowledge the struggle black people face, and is actually bothered that so many white people don't seem to.

What do you think's going to happen by contacting someone in a smalltown state? I can't really see these people being persuaded. Things are looking very grim for the U.S. right now.

I keep lines open with people I totally disagree with (my own Dad for starters). I find it's more illuminating than mass social media likeathons. If the liberal world is going to come back it has to understand why it isn't winning...

I know people mean well and all that but I can't help getting frustrated when I see people sharing memes / posts on the current Minneapolis incident here in the UK, all lives matter around the world this isn't a separate case. I don't see anywhere near the same uproar and anger towards current affairs on our doorstep like all the thousands of primarily white girls that go missing day in day out, raped, drugged, killed by these grooming gangs and other criminal enterprises

people really want to start watering their own yard before they get all high and mighty jumping on any bandwagon its completely insane

I keep lines open with people I totally disagree with (my own Dad for starters). I find it's more illuminating than mass social media likeathons. If the liberal world is going to come back it has to understand why it isn't winning...

I have friends/colleagues who are Tories and would probably be Trump supporters in the U.S.. I can have drinks and talk about certain common interests with them, but the subject of politics is a tricky one... And, no, I'd never be able to persuade them. There are lots of reasons why liberals aren't winning and they are not necessarily the fault of liberals. The press (and who controls them) have a lot to answer for.

I know people mean well and all that but I can't help getting frustrated when I see people sharing memes / posts on the current Minneapolis incident here in the UK, all lives matter around the world this isn't a separate case. I don't see anywhere near the same uproar and anger towards current affairs on our doorstep like all the thousands of primarily white girls that go missing day in day out, raped, drugged, killed by these grooming gangs and other criminal enterprises

Different issues, requiring nuance to dissect.

(The way some of the far right go on about grooming gangs you'd think it's only Asian men that can be nonces.)

Last edited:
just going by my own experience with social media this week it just stumps me, on the Trump side of things didn't he request the FBI to take the case? I'm not as clued up as some just personally can't see how he can be held accountable

also that's why I didn't mention Asian grooming gangs but gangs in general, monsters come in all colours and creeds

Last edited:
I have friends/colleagues who are Tories and would probably be Trump supporters in the U.S.. I can have drinks and talk about certain common interests with them, but the subject of politics is a tricky one... And, no, I'd never be able to persuade them. There are lots of reasons why liberals aren't winning and they are not necessarily the fault of liberals. The press (and who controls them) have a lot to answer for.

I work in the news industry. There is no meaningful "press" anymore..... Newspapers are on their knees around the world.

Everyone gets their news online from their source of choice using their filters of choice.

the point is - people absorb what they choose to.

so people gravitate to others with the same opinions, which is human nature.

what it means though is that hashtags won't reach the people that actually need to see them

just going by my own experience with social media this week it just stumps me, on the Trump side of things didn't he request the FBI to take the case? I'm not as clued up as some just personally can't see how he can be held accountable

It goes beyond Trump. Read about systemic racism and the U.S. private prison system for example. Did you catch the bit where Trump had a peaceful protest broken up with tear gas so as he could get a photo op outside a church?

It goes beyond Trump. Read about systemic racism and the U.S. private prison system for example. Did you catch the bit where Trump had a peaceful protest broken up with tear gas so as he could get a photo op outside a church?
I did yeah, not going to argue rubber bullets or not that is messed up. It is and unfortunate that the power of the law ends up in the wrong hands. its nothing new I've been assaulted by the police as a few people I know have (completely unjustified) all law enforcement should be made to wear a body camera not only for their own protection but for others

(The way some of the far right go on about grooming gangs you'd think it's only Asian men that can be nonces.)

Selective outrage is the curse of our time.... people handpick what shocks them. the left went very quiet about Rotherham and the rest because the actual facts were all a bit too awkward.... I didn't see too many hashtags either when yazidi women were being slaughtered by muslim fanatics in Iraq.

Similarly on the right, people are never too sure how to react when a bomb is detonated by some Aryan nutjob. It kind of complicates the narrative.

and as for the Chinese and Sri Lankan concentration camps? well who cares about them?

personally I'm sick of the dishonesty and the posturing. and sick of patronising memes telling me to 'educate' myself when I spent six years of my life studying post-war history.

Social network is filled with black background, im not playing part to this as i'm curing my social network addiction ?
If people will respect other people,this basic simply rule, World will be better but it's not really the case. (Following my experience, french people on the whole hypocrite ? )

Police brutality will always exist everywhere , same for racism (face it along my military duty in french army in germany Rastadt/Landau), too many ignorants.

Was wondering if Trump will send the army ?
F..k the Police!yo!YO!

Last edited:
Selective outrage is the curse of our time.... people handpick what shocks them. the left went very quiet about Rotherham and the rest because the actual facts were all a bit too awkward.... I didn't see too many hashtags either when yazidi women were being slaughtered by muslim fanatics in Iraq.

Similarly on the right, people are never too sure how to react when a bomb is detonated by some Aryan nutjob. It kind of complicates the narrative.

and as for the Chinese and Sri Lankan concentration camps? well who cares about them?

personally I'm sick of the dishonesty and the posturing. and sick of patronising memes telling me to 'educate' myself when I spent six years of my life studying post-war history.

I get where you're coming from but the logical outcome of that is, if you don't post/care about everything, you shouldn't post/care about anything, which is patently ridiculous. For whatever reason, the UK has greater links with the likes of the U.S. or Israel, so you will find more outrage directed at what goes on in those countries (for example). Also you'll find plenty of people started criticising China and their wet markets due to covid-19. Depends what's in the news.

Back