Do you remember your first time?

I thought he was from Portugal, I once saw him boarding a flight to there, in plain clothes disguise....

just some carry-on baggage i guess ...

Gif-SpiderMan.gif

I believe he is Italian.

Not sure if it was an urban myth, but I'm sure I recall someone telling me he was a Professor at an Italian University.

(Or maybe I dreamt that one up!)

No , thats what they told ...

Anywhere at a philosophical institute anyone told. Maybe he did studies about the mad ibiza tourists.
Heard he was a nice guy with a good sense of humor.

the first time we traveled to ibiza with my wife was mid june in 1994 bc a mate that worked at a travel agency recommended it to us.

in those days there was no internet, so we booked the whole arrangement thru him.

once we arrived at ibz airport we had to get on a coach that dropped us at the hotel stella maris near cap negret. the first nights we went out in san antonio, usually ate at this chinese restaurant called pay pay? that served ok food, later we saw posters that reel to real (Erick Morillo) was on at eden later that night,
as the night went on they never announced that they were not gonna be playing, we found out ourself as we went to ask dj alex p. and complained that we payed the full price ticket to see reel to real, he even gave us some money back....

the stella maris hotel was quite ok, we had a suite overlooking the pool area, we visited the local cala gracia and cala cracionetta beach and at the hotel we became friendly with one of the barstaff that told us to hire a car and instead of lounging around the pool and at the local beaches we should visit salinas and sa trinxa which we fortunately did.
i guess this was the first time we saw the cool ibiza, we loved that deejays were playing nice and chilling house music to all sort of really friendly and open ppl, also remember that sometimes we got up from our towels and spontaneously danced in the afternoon.

crazy how quick we met people who sat around us, there was a guy called demi from argentina and a guy called parrish that we met that introduced us to loads of their mates and friends. later we gave them and two other guys a lift back to ibiza town, they asked us if we wanted to go to pacha later on so we made up a time when we gonna pick them up later as there were no mobile phones....

first they showed us the dome bar where i actually had my first few shots of hierbas and got me quickly drunk and then at about 2 am we entered pacha for the first time which was amazing, alfredo was on the dex alongside some other deejays, we danced the whole night and i still remember that the prices for the drinks were about half of what they’re now.

from that day on we allways went to sa trinxa to meet our new friends and spent all our daytime there, we used to jus eat the boccadillo con atun, i also remember that we all used to go swimming in our birthday suits at sa trinxa, walking 100 meters nude to that green carpet covered pier, unfurtunatly nowadays there aren’t many that still do that?

demi and parrish also showed us cafe del mar where we first heard chill out music and watched the sunset smoking hash, drinking beer and hierbas.
i think mambo wasn’t even there yet.

at night we mostly went to pacha or to ku and never had to pay as our friends always got us in for free bc parrish that was a professional dancer at pacha knew the right people, i met him last year in ibiza and actually till last season he was still dancing but at lio...

after that first ibiza trip we soon went back in september 94 and i introduced my (at that time 22 year old) brother to the island, we hung out with the same people again, partied, swimmed and ate great food and he loved it so much that on the flight back he was crying like a baby with big tears coming out of his eyes and he said he never ever had such nice holidays and that he was in love with ibiza and will surely return to ibiza very soon.

Amazing memories! The Cap Negret area still has a special boho vibe despite being so close to San An.

What happened to him? I don’t think I’ve seen him for a few years now.
Was sitting next to him last time I was there (2019) and he was writing post cards in his spiderman outfit then went for a swim. I was a bit saddened at the time seeing him doing such mundane normal things.

Seen him hours later gurning like mad throwing shapes and felt a lot better about things to be honest.

Was sitting next to him last time I was there (2019) and he was writing post cards in his spiderman outfit then went for a swim. I was a bit saddened at the time seeing him doing such mundane normal things.

Seen him hours later gurning like mad throwing shapes and felt a lot better about things to be honest.

At Bora Bora ?

He has been dancing at Bora Bora for more than 20 years 🥳
Yes he’s from Portugal, he was and maybe still is a DJ there .

I remember my first time having sex (went real well... ROFL *rhymes with awful*)

I remember the first time I tried to dance

I remember the first - and only - time I faked puking at the dinner table so I wouldn't have to eat whatever weird food was being served; and I'll eat anything. LOL

What I don't remember is my first club outing... oh wait! Yes I do. It was Traxx 2000 (year 2000) with my then flame Kira whose access to raves was incredible. California didn't have that; at least not in my area. And so... this was in Denver - downtown area near some stadium. Anyway I didn't know how to dance. :p Back then I could sniff powder better than I could jump up and down to a cool beat!

This year will be my first time to Ibiza at the ripe old age of 49. I dreamt about going in the early 90s but didn’t.
When did you first come to Ibiza and what made you return? Maybe that’s something I’ll find out this summer? And what have been the major changes in that time?
Just a bit of fun.😃
Do I remember my last time😁
The 70's, 80's and the 90's🤪, still going 2 til 3 times a year.

Back