Do you remember your first time?

This year will be my first time to Ibiza at the ripe old age of 49. I dreamt about going in the early 90s but didn’t.
When did you first come to Ibiza and what made you return? Maybe that’s something I’ll find out this summer? And what have been the major changes in that time?
Just a bit of fun.😃

1987 for me. There's another thread somewhere where I (or some former alias) told that story. I left it a long time before returning because I was put off by some of the horror stories, only to eventually realise there is another side to it all. I go now to see pals and drive around, find new calas and unwind mainly. Musicwise, very little aimed at the adults these days, but once you get over that, there's other fun to be had. Some of my fondest memories have nothing to do with clubbing... sitting on the jetty at salines, hanging around at chiringuitos, stealing chips or discussing Scottish sectarianism in pizzerias.

Came, went, saw & kept coming back ever since.....Most of my first trip is a blur now even though it was only 6 years ago. Probably my worst trip since I came over so young & pretty clueless. And as a result fell out with friends, got too wasted, missed flights (yes more than 1) & blew alot of money. But even despite all that, it was still great (only in Ibiza could that be possible after all that happened).

Found the older thread of this topic. Some great stories there: https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/do-you-remember-your-first-time.79962/

Came, went, saw & kept coming back ever since.....Most of my first trip is a blur now even though it was only 6 years ago. Probably my worst trip since I came over so young & pretty clueless. And as a result fell out with friends, got too wasted, missed flights (yes more than 1) & blew alot of money. But even despite all that, it was still great (only in Ibiza could that be possible after all that happened).

Found the older thread of this topic. Some great stories there: https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threadyou-remember-your-first-time.79962/
Thanks for the heads up for that original thread.

This year will be my first time to Ibiza at the ripe old age of 49. I dreamt about going in the early 90s but didn’t.
When did you first come to Ibiza and what made you return? Maybe that’s something I’ll find out this summer? And what have been the major changes in that time?
Just a bit of fun.😃

Think I was 28, so about 18 years ago. I just liked the vibe, really. My first couple of stays were in San An. I enjoyed the sunsets, though I prefer staying ~Ibiza Town now and it would be unusual for me to visit San An at all during a trip.

Main change for me (in San An) is that bloody promenade. I can understand how it's good for accessibility, but I remember when Kanya had that beach bar feel and properly got going during the day... :twisted:

I think it’s going to be an interesting first visit for us after lockdown and the various changes I’ve been reading about Ibiza. But reading all the posts what they all have in common is meeting people and making friends. And that’s what I think makes it special. I don’t know how I’m going to hold out until the end of July?

I wanted to go to Ibiza for years before I got there. I was 17 in 1998 and would listen to radio 1 in Ibiza each year, would buy Mixmag, Muzik, M8 and Ministry Magazine and read all about it. I knew everything about the island and when I finally got there in 2003 aged 22 it just all felt right. It’s just a magical place. I’ve been back ever since and can not wait to get there in May after a 2 Year forced break 😁

I wanted to go to Ibiza for years before I got there. I was 17 in 1998 and would listen to radio 1 in Ibiza each year, would buy Mixmag, Muzik, M8 and Ministry Magazine and read all about it. I knew everything about the island and when I finally got there in 2003 aged 22 it just all felt right. It’s just a magical place. I’ve been back ever since and can not wait to get there in May after a 2 Year forced break 😁
It’s unusual as a lot of times when I’ve built something up to be amazing the reality is a disappointment but reading all these it seems to be the opposite.

20 years ago for me. I was 21, first holiday away with a group of 10 friends as a gay man. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, I’d seen Ibiza uncovered so was a bit worried it would be like that but it wasn’t. Had the best time. I can remember every second of the trip. The club night we went to , songs I heard, beaches bars, even some of the shops. This year I’ll be returning for my 15th trip still love it as much as I did that first time.

I think it was ‘95. I would have been 19. Booked on a trip advertised as a Key 103, Stu Allan/18-30 trip. In reality it was very much 18-30 with a little of Stu and Key 103.
My first and last 18-30.
First of many Ibiza trips 👍😀

2012 for me after been wanting to go since 1998 after listening to radio 1 in Ibiza when I was 14 and just loving the music.

It did not disappoint! Up there with one of the best holidays of my life. Went on a proper solos organised holiday and met some great people who I’ve remained friends with. Had a good mix of clubbing and sightseeing and always try to do that when I get there now.

Still trying to decide when to book this years trip but I will be back :)

My first ever time I was 11 I think, went with my mum and her friend and stayed at the mare nostrum, I used to listen to radio 1 religiously when it was Dave Pearce And Jules. My mum had bought me clubbers guide to trance on cassette, and on the plane to ibiza as we landed I was still listening to it and everyone was cheering. That moment spoke to me on so many levels.

Fast forward to my first proper holiday as an adult, was for my 19th birthday with my Mrs at the time, stayed at hostel apolo in san an with 18-30's, so young and naïve, obviously got talked into buying all of the shite they push on you and missed the majority, the only real memory i have from that holiday was getting tickets to go to cream @ amnesia, buying "pills" off a lookie lookie ( as i said stupid and naive ) necked it on the party bus, came up immediately and felt my eyes pushing out of their sockets, managed to take 2 photos on my disposable camera before being told I wasn't allowed to take any. After an hour I had to leave as i didnt feel in control of my body 😂 got back to the hotel, the police were raiding someones room and kicking ass, one lad hid in our room for an hour while i was off my box.

A huge learning curve, but not one I would ever change, been coming back at least once a year since then, the island has my heart and always will!

Back