Do you remember your first time?

That visit to Circo Loco was definitely quite life affirming. I’d never seen a party or music like it. Was quite well seasoned with my early clubbing years in Brighton but that was something else !
Was there that year end of June start of July. Wasn’t open much as that was when they was getting issues with being closed down. We was lucky it was open that week. Think we arrived when it opened at 8am and stayed till midnight. Had the time of our life that day proper nutted as well. Got a lift back from Dj Cirrilo which was quite random.

Was there that year end of June start of July. Wasn’t open much as that was when they was getting issues with being closed down. We was lucky it was open that week. Think we arrived when it opened at 8am and stayed till midnight. Had the time of our life that day proper nutted as well. Got a lift back from Dj Cirrilo which was quite random.
I think this was actually in August, but on a disposable camera. I lost all my mates at some point in the afternoon and just hung out with a group of Spaniards who didn’t speak any English. Was a mad old time, got back to San An with them after it closed and then met up with my mates in the West End. Good old times

After getting back from Ibiza today and having the usual island blues I thought I’d try and recall my first time in Ibiza to try cheer me up 😊

It was around 2000 so was around 18/19 and went with 2 other lads. After reading a lot of Mixmags before going I felt like I had already been there as knew where all the clubs were, had studied the nights and was beyond excited.

We stayed in a budget hotel near the egg opp Pikeys park (forget the name) Club nights visited - El Divino for Sister Bliss & Dave Seaman, Seb Fontaine at Amnesia - These 2 nights are very hazy but the night I will never forget was We Love Sundays @ Space. The day and night are so clear I even remember the set times:

Terrace:
Steve Lawler 6-9pm
Eric Morrilo 9-12 🔥 🔥

Discotheque:
Layo & Bushwacka 12-3am (first time I’d heard the love story finally mash up and loved both tracks at the time so it blew my little head off hearing it in Space 😂)
Jeff Mills 3-6am

That has to go down as one of my all time favourite clubbing experiences and why I’ve continued to go back ever since. Of course the island has changed a lot but there’s still so much to do and see I’ll doubt I’ll ever stop going. In a way I’m enjoying the island more now in my fourties’ as it’s not all just about the clubbing and San An 😂

Last edited:
After getting back from Ibiza today and having the usual island blues I thought I’d try and recall my first time in Ibiza to try cheer me up 😊

It was around 2000 so was around 18/19 and went with 2 other lads. After reading a lot of Mixmags before going I felt like I had already been there as knew where all the clubs were, had studied the nights and was beyond excited.

We stayed in a budget hotel near the egg opp Pikeys park (forget the name) Club nights visited - El Divino for Sister Bliss & Dave Seaman, Seb Fontaine at Amnesia - These 2 nights are very hazy but the night I will never forget was We Love Sundays @ Space. The day and night are so clear I even remember the set times:

Terrace:
Steve Lawler 6-9pm
Eric Morrilo 9-12 🔥 🔥

Discotheque:
Layo & Bushwacka 12-3am (first time I’d heard the love story finally mash up and loved both tracks at the time so it blew my little head off hearing it in Space 😂)
Jeff Mills 3-6am

That has to go down as one of my all time favourite clubbing experiences and why I’ve continued to go back ever since. Of course the island has changed a lot but there’s still so much to do and see I’ll doubt I’ll ever stop going. In a way I’m enjoying the island more now in my fourties’ as it’s not all just about the clubbing and San An 😂
ahh the good old mix mag articles for research - love it! Wish i'd made El divino back in the day to be fair. I'm not entirely sure if it was open when i went in 2008 - think it was! Shame it went really.

Thanks @McRackin for pushing this thread back into my notifications, quite proud of it. Just sat and re-read a ton of the entertaining stories that got me through lockdown in 2020/2021! @AntonioGeordio yours had me cracking up again, reeks of a proper lads holiday!

Mrs & i expecting our first daughter this month and can't wait to take her to the island! Was at mambo for felix da housecat last august bank holiday and saw a guy plonk a pair of ear defenders on his little one, stick her on the tiled dj booth and dance with her for a good hour or so- reckon that may well be how my summers go from now on! ....well, mostly ;) Hope everyone is good :)

Been planning my 4th trip to Ibiza for the first week of August 23'...got me thinking of the first 3 times I've been here (and the first in particular).

This trip will be a bit different - will be travelling with the Mrs. this time and not the usual 2-3 buddies. We have hopes a few will join us (now married themselves) so should be interesting to see how things go. Still hoping to have some fun... ;)

Last time was in 2018, then 2015 before and then 2011...? Not really sure. First time I was introduced to pills though.

We stayed near Ibiza Town in a hostel which was down the street from a pizza joint. Think we ate their every night -- we were young and broke...it was perfect. We made our way to Amnesia, Space, and Pacha. Can't recall who was at Amnesia or Space (maybe CC?), but we went for SHM at Pacha the one night. Benni Benassi was playing before SHM.

The sensations of the pink mitsubishi started tingling through my body when "Beautiful People" came on. I'll never shake that feeling. The next 4 hours of Pacha was bliss. We met a group of girls earlier at the hostel and went with them...they were strongly against pills. We told them we weren't doing them and were just drinking. The look on their faces when the mitusbishi hit us is one I'll never forget.

sidenote: Amnesia was absolutely bananas. Probably one of the first "superclubs" I've been to. We went for a foam party. They had a bed in the middle of the dancefloor and pretty sure some people were going at it on the bed. WILD.

Can't wait to get back there in August!! What a magical place.

Thanks @McRackin for pushing this thread back into my notifications, quite proud of it. Just sat and re-read a ton of the entertaining stories that got me through lockdown in 2020/2021! @AntonioGeordio yours had me cracking up again, reeks of a proper lads holiday!

Mrs & i expecting our first daughter this month and can't wait to take her to the island! Was at mambo for felix da housecat last august bank holiday and saw a guy plonk a pair of ear defenders on his little one, stick her on the tiled dj booth and dance with her for a good hour or so- reckon that may well be how my summers go from now on! ....well, mostly ;) Hope everyone is good :)

Congrats @Harry29 !!!! That’s great to hear mukka!

Sorry for the late reply, I’m just getting back on here.

I hope it’s all going well and she’s a fit and healthy kid.

Coincidentally, my younger brother and his missus have just had their first child a few months ago, also a little girl. My brother is absolutely knackered 24/7 at the minute 😄 constantly looks tired.

Glad you enjoyed my holiday write up, seems like a lifetime ago. I can’t really add much to it.

Here’s a pic from my last time on the Island….

The one and only Dave the Rave turned up (bloke on the right), much to my missus chagrin. Sorry luv.

He is the ADHD lad from my first Ibiza holiday.

We had a belter of a weekend, this was taken at the Defected closing party at Eden.

Funny story, we were in the massive que for this night and got chatting to a large group of people that were in front of us. Telling us they’ve been raving together since their school days. (They looked like they had too)

Dave the rave: “I hope I’m still coming raving when I’m your age”
Bloke in group: “oh really, how old are you pal?”
Dave the rave: “I’m 44 mate” he enthusiastically blurted out.
Bloke in group: “ errr..yeah me too buddy” :(

Fcuk sake, shut up Davey 🤦‍♂️

I should have wrote a holiday review at the time, it was a great weekend.

Anyway, we are due back in Ibiza in mid June. I really need to try and keep up with this forum going forward.

F994B11E-B12A-4946-AB4C-FF92E49D376B.jpeg

May 1989

Star Club... Summum and an outdoor bar near the Star club im sure was called Idea...

Stayed in the Poniente apartments if i remember that far back

Jeez seriously showing age here..,
One word… Old 😂 Joking!! I’m sure you’re well able to give it a good lash 😉🥂

Back