Danny Rampling

I think its really sad to be honest, its not like he needed to do this.

Whatever next? Finished building pyramids, why not move onto house?

48d459ae-89d3-429f-b651-49f7fd25312f.jpg

Phoenix Trinity Design & Build are a property company with a real difference. All our homes are Carbon Neutral, Carbon Reductive™, eco-friendly, beautifully designed and exceptionally well built.

Danny says: "When I brought the house music scene to the UK two decades ago I was at the forefront of a movement that united millions of people in a very positive way. I see parallels of this in today’s world where global challenges such as climate change are catalysing the same sense of, “we are all in this together”.

:confused:

I dunno... To be fair, it looks like the guy is really just trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life.

I think we've all had those crossroads. Maybe we didn't get involved in pyramid schemes and bad book ideas along the way, but we (thankfully) probably have a lot fewer people "advising" us.

it could also have something to do with the amount of gear the guy took during his DJ career. It can alter the way you perceive reality

It wasn't just house music he brought back to the UK two decades ago.:lol:

Note the pyramid in the logo above:lol:

I'm starting to thing the whole thing is situationist prank. Is that it Danny, has your life since your first retirement been a comment on celebrities with no transferable skills becoming walking endorsements for unrelated industries?

Last edited by a moderator:
he joined our table in a certain shoreditch afters pub a few weeks back - suffice to say, nobody there was really in the right frame of mind to be discussing pyramid schemes! he and his associates were apparently due to fly off to Ibiza later that day!

he joined our table in a certain shoreditch afters pub a few weeks back - suffice to say, nobody there was really in the right frame of mind to be discussing pyramid schemes! he and his associates were apparently due to fly off to Ibiza later that day!

The thing is, I have it on record from a source I trust 100% that's he's a really, really nice bloke. Which means he is either exceptionally naive or plain dim, with a late '80s dose of right time and place and luck to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is, I have it on record from a source I trust 100% that's he's a really, really nice bloke. Which means he is either exceptionally naive or plain dim, with a late '80s does of right time and place and luck to boot.

That's exactly him all over.

And at the end of the day, pyramid schemes and general mentalism aside, there's a lot worse types out ther for us all to get Olly'd up about. ;):D

it was quite funny actually because we were all quite kippered and moved on to the griffin where someone was playing some seriously ropey 80s pop records like katrina and the waves, which nobody was in the mood for, and then he stood up and said to her, "what the FK is this - capital radio breakfast show?" the DJ was moritified :D

his sunset mix at the big chill was another rampling special - stepped in last minute for padilla who couldn't make it - every tune had 'sun' in the artist name or track title. Trully brilliant - as was his last set at the end a few years back when he played the full length quentin harris let's be young (the first time I'd heard it) tune selections were just next-level that night. I wish him well with future career - but some self-awareness please!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Success_University

"According to a study by the Bank of Namibia, Success University presents the features of a pyramid scheme, and they have estimated that about 88% percent of participants eventually make losses, with only a minority - at the top of the pyramid - making benefits. They declared Success University illegal in 2008"

Back