Dance Music: Where are things at?

I’ve not been loads but would hope this guy is a massive outlier…the few times I’ve been in the last few years the crowd has always been sound. Is this a fuse crowd thing rather than a fabric thing? Never been fuse…

As many of us have said before, Fabric pre and post 4am is two different clubs. Plus around xmas party timr, holiday times you get different folks coming into London for a huge night.

Not excusing it, but often the way it is.

To be fair this was a 24 hour party and the video was the last couple of hours (I did clock the guy on the stage but he was more dressed and not quite as wild when I left at 10pm, closing at midnight)

Fuse is a funny one, it was a long running Sunday afternoon / evening party that started 14 years ago. It’s slowly become more mainstream and got bigger because it is very much a popular ‘sound’ - they’ve also done bigger parties at Printworks, Tobacco Docks so has crossed over somewhat.

The crowd was really mixed very decent for a london crowd though - good mix of 30/40 year olds but also some younger / Essex types but didn’t really feel a bad vibe. Then again I do question at least not being a bit tighter on dress code - no day glow / Nike / under armour / stone island might help a bit.

Also it is being massively blown up in my view - we’re talking about 1 individual doing something in a 24 hour period. Fabric isn’t some small niche club it’s one of the best known. In an ideal world it doesn’t happen, but unless you run a super tight door for a super niche party which isn’t really compatible with most of Fabrics output you always run the risk.

Also Fabrics phone thing is only really ‘a polite request’ they say themselves they won’t actively police it unless it is constant and intruding, and last thing we want is even more ‘undercover’ security around the club than there already is, unfortunately

Fabric is obv well-known and there's always the risk of the wrong people turning up. I think what's new is Essex divs turning up and filming freaks just to humiliate them afterwards. The same tech-bro cunts who turn up in Ibiza year after year. No wonder real clubbers are so fed up with them. Every comment below is spot on. Good to see people shoving this shit back in their faces.

Wasn’t gonna say anything but c’mon tourist “Essex divs” i know these guys are out of order, agreed. But have you got a problem with us essex folks or something?
Maybe as much as you have a problem with the English as you was very silent when I called out the Moroccans rioting regarding the football. It’s almost like you jump at the chance when an Englishman acts out of line.

You sound like a proper middle class twat sometimes, and up your own arse your as well.

No offence of course 😘

Last edited:
Wasn’t gonna say anything but c’mon tourist “Essex divs” i know these guys are out of order, agreed. But you have you got a problem with us essex folks or something?
Maybe as much as you have a problem with the English as you was very silent when I called out the Moroccans rioting regarding the football. It’s almost like you jump at the chance when an Englishman acts out of line.

You sound like a proper middle class twat sometimes, and up your own arse your as well.

No offence of course 😘

Hammersmith born and raised.

Pride in the best Britain has to offer - music, tech, science, film, pies

Embarrassment at the vermin that attaches itself to clubbing, football, that kicks off on holidays..

i obv wasn’t slagging everyone from Essex! My closest pals are from Harlow ffs

am i biased.. ? not really.. i‘ve seen Spanish cops do some evil shit too

and as for what people think of me, i don’t give a shit. I’ve made real life pals via the forum. Others think i’m a tosser. Whatever. It doesn’t matter. Hit mute if that helps

I know your born in England/Britain, I’ve been on here long enough to realise that.
Hit mute! No need, I do enjoy some of your ramblings, although you do go on a bit at times. Like a broken record I would say.

I mean you can always’s hit mute on this Essex Div, I wouldn’t give a shit either.

So a clubber (probably of a gay/freak persuasion) goes to Fabric and loses himself in the dance in time-honoured fashion and some townie straight lad films the whole thing just to have a sneer on the socials. I saw Farley was on his case immediately. at a guess some chizzed up hoolie no-mark with no understanding of clubbing at all.

Attachments

• 886C316D-6459-4C53-B70D-2B3DD56D05E1.png
    886C316D-6459-4C53-B70D-2B3DD56D05E1.png
    538.5 KB · Views: 14
I know your born in England/Britain, I’ve been on here long enough to realise that.
Hit mute! No need, I do enjoy some of your ramblings, although you do go on a bit at times. Like a broken record I would say.

I mean you can always’s hit mute on this Essex Div, I wouldn’t give a shit either.

I was thinking about this cos we obv both hit a nerve this week and I think it's a real shame.. We obv come from different places, have different mindsets, that's cool.. i'm not the enemy tho, whatever you think.

Nothing i've written is a diss at you or anyone else on here. The stuff I moan about is about protecting what I hold dear and that's it. Unfortunately there are a lot of terrible people around now ruining music and football, from top to bottom. Class is irrelevant. House music/rave was for everyone. That was the whole point. Nobody would call Farley 'middle class' (whatever the hell that means in 2022 on a holiday forum where people openly admit to spending X hundred € on VIP bottle service). The point was that aggro was supposed to have gone out the window... And i kinda miss that.

Reading what pals and music people have said in recent days, seems they all agree with me on the basic points. Clubbing is dying as we knew it, killed by greed and overexposure and it's very sad.

I also post way too much on here, often repeating myself, I agree, so that'll be my last word.

I Don’t think your the enemy.
I’ve been a miserable bastard last couple of weeks and just thought I’d bite and have a moan. Should have chose my words a bit better I know.
I’ve always said though, if you have an argument or hold different views with someone that you shouldn’t hold a grudge. But shake hands and move on as chance are you have more In common than the things you disagree with.

So with that I apologise for my outburst at the end of the post.
👊🏻

Back