Dance Music: Where are things at?

The biggest club in town closed on Saturday (it will reopen) mainly because they keep getting in trouble with the licensing people for not dealing with violence. In my mid 20's I went every week, it's not a clubbing club anymore but somewhere that stayed open until 7/8am. Same people run another rough hole.

There was a tech house night on Saturday, run by a young lad (25yr old) which some friends played at. Think they had 4 or 5 B2B2B's 🙄😅

I was in a neighbouring town after an engagement do but couldnt muster anyone to go over at 2am. Probably a good thing 😁

Biggest factors in my opinion are people saving up to go to one big event/gig/festival/holiday rather than be out every weekend in their local club. Wanting a good back drop for the social media content is also a factor here.

Also I'm old enough just to remember when it was more black and white on what was a pub and what was a club. It was last orders in the pub at 11 no exceptions, after that you headed to a club. Now you've got a variety of closing times, and even some clubs opening early for events so the club crowd has got diluted.

Biggest factors in my opinion are people saving up to go to one big event/gig/festival/holiday rather than be out every weekend in their local club. Wanting a good back drop for the social media content is also a factor here.

Also I'm old enough just to remember when it was more black and white on what was a pub and what was a club. It was last orders in the pub at 11 no exceptions, after that you headed to a club. Now you've got a variety of closing times, and even some clubs opening early for events so the club crowd has got diluted.

Yeah, plus bars muscling in with louder music and later licences. That fcked the clubs too. Only a brave bastard would open a club now. Just glad I was around during the good times

Yeah, plus bars muscling in with louder music and later licences. That fcked the clubs too. Only a brave bastard would open a club now. Just glad I was around during the good times

Bizarre though it is to think of, the smoking ban had a significant effect. (So I recall, in any case)

My son was nearly born to Murder on the Dance floor. It wasn’t even on the playlist but Spotify ‘slipped’ into random at some point mid labour 😂

Much as I love SEB this reflects badly on her imo.. she must’ve surely known beforehand how crass this would look

A guy I know posted something yesterday to the effect he can’t get dj gigs anymore because he refuses to do social media. Musically more talented that all those insta show ponies put together. Grim times indeed.

Much as I love SEB this reflects badly on her imo.. she must’ve surely known beforehand how crass this would look

Having listened to my missus sit and book tours for many big acts, it's not certain that SEB would have even checked where she was going tbf. Just looked at her website and the March Paris gig is one of the 13 in 18 days through Europe.

She had nice words for the victims before singing her song, and nobody here in France has been shocked by the fact she sang it at the Bataclan.

I was actually just thinking this! I can just imagine the French just saying what is the fuss, get on with it.

All these old fckers moaning about it are missing the point. None of it is aimed at us anymore. Let go Derek. Move on. Hide out at Malanga instead.

Back