Dance Music: Where are things at?

While the situation is incredibly complex dating back 100s of years, and while she’s never shied away from the cause - Sama Abdulhadi should probably tone down the whataboutary when it was a terrorist attack on a dance music festival killing 260+ , with many foreign nationals ☹️

I hate to be one of those people and generally don’t have a problem with the Middle East - but Defected doing a weekend of events in Dubai when their ‘thing’ is inclusivity, everyone being welcome etc - and topping it off with a few LBGTQ+ DJs on the bill

Do you actually believe they agree with all the inclusivity stuff they put up? Or just going along with the current thing? See Jordan Henderson and his Saudi petrodollars

I hate to be one of those people and generally don’t have a problem with the Middle East - but Defected doing a weekend of events in Dubai when their ‘thing’ is inclusivity, everyone being welcome etc - and topping it off with a few LBGTQ+ DJs on the bill

Surely it's mostly about making money?

In October we were looking for some brunch bar in Bossa along the beach and parked on that long road where Hi, Ush and HRH are. i remember being struck from outside by how cold and charmless it all looked, like some airport terminal building.

In October we were looking for some brunch bar in Bossa along the beach and parked on that long road where Hi, Ush and HRH are. i remember being struck from outside by how cold and charmless it all looked, like some airport terminal building.

Going into it certainly feels like going into an airport, and quite unfriendly (compared to any other Ibiza club) - lots of searching and checking shit.

Back