Dance Music: Where are things at?

I think I shared this before but here it is again. The unlikely story of how NE England embraced Spanish makina music

it's all about the novelty angle now. The last few years have seen so many stunts and gimmicks they're now considered normal. ritchie hawtin djing in the sea, that total whopper with the cakes, paris effing hilton and 5000 other grinning celebs pretending to blend music to a galaxy of phones.

just waiting for the spinal tap sequel featuring someone like say matthew herbert doing a live dj set featuring intermittent stereophonic farting.
You'll pleased to know that the chap who played The Lions Sleeps Tonight, made a name for himself original playing out as Nanna Makina:

I need to get off the internet:spank:

What event would you say it is then? Even the government used them for the covid test event.
You've lost me, probably because you have some context that it obvious to you, maybe? It isn't obvious to the uninfomed eye that the website is targetting a particular event or promoter

You've lost me, probably because you have some context that it obvious to you, maybe? It isn't obvious to the uninfomed eye that the website is targetting a particular event or promoter
its a very interesting one this mate.....possibly a conversation that you and i have had in the past

its a very interesting one this mate.....possibly a conversation that you and i have had in the past
On here or in the early hours somewhere?

No doubt formal or informal exclusivity deals or expectations are a barrier to entry for newer promoters. Nothing new to be honest.

Smaller promoter's could cash in on big boys' bookings with unannounced secret guests at afterparties back in the day, but even that's been squeezed, or had when I last knew anything

i’d like to see results of a clubbers pepsi challenge. who can tell what is/isn’t AI

I can see it becoming a thing for Wedding and event DJing (with a touchscreen for 'requests') and it could replace the prerecorded sets at things like Sunset bars, but for the big clubs can't see it happening as tickets are sold on the strength of the DJs reputation.

I can see it becoming a thing for Wedding and event DJing (with a touchscreen for 'requests') and it could replace the prerecorded sets at things like Sunset bars, but for the big clubs can't see it happening as tickets are sold on the strength of the DJs reputation.

or the strength of their PR…

machines will blow away human djs in the same way cars replaced horses

the punters will be seduced by immersive virtual reality sonic experiences

the clubs will save millions on dj/agency fees

it’s all exciting and terrifying in equal measure

or the strength of their PR…

machines will blow away human djs in the same way cars replaced horses

the punters will be seduced by immersive virtual reality sonic experiences

the clubs will save millions on dj/agency fees

it’s all exciting and terrifying in equal measure

Spotify's Ai DJ struggles with the fact I have bipolar listening tastes, sometimes its 'serious' Techno but when drunk its absolute cheese! :) the latest version does seem to change quickly if you skip tracks in quick succession though. But its still a bit random for me, like the American guy will go 'heres what you were listening to in 2018 (not a year particularly memorable for me) and ill be like eh??

I supose for live gigs they could set some paramaters, like the venue could set what average age they expect the crowd to be and people generally like songs when they were 16-21 when it comes to nostalgia and Ai does its business from there. Interesting times ahead thats for sure!

Spotify's Ai DJ struggles with the fact I have bipolar listening tastes, sometimes its 'serious' Techno but when drunk its absolute cheese! :) the latest version does seem to change quickly if you skip tracks in quick succession though. But its still a bit random for me, like the American guy will go 'heres what you were listening to in 2018 (not a year particularly memorable for me) and ill be like eh??

I supose for live gigs they could set some paramaters, like the venue could set what average age they expect the crowd to be and people generally like songs when they were 16-21 when it comes to nostalgia and Ai does its business from there. Interesting times ahead thats for sure!

that’s a good point. I don’t know how the algorithms work with eclectic sets. Maybe that kiboshes my entire theory? am similarly hard to predict lol. Then again, most professional DJs aren’t though because they’re usually drawing from the same digital promos getting sent out each week

Back