Credit Crunch Thread II - The Sequel

That would explain it ;)

Have a look around the net for business ideas.

Things I have done in the past to make a few spare quid when needed.

Got lists of garden items from wholesale place, printed price list with my cut added. Knocked on doors handed leaflets, went back to collect orders and delivered items.
(not very applicable in winter!)

Bought £100 worth of xmas tut from wholesalers and sold at car boots etc and bought more each time knowing what sold well.

Cleaned windows.

Knocked on doors offering to clear gardens.

Get shut of surplus items that will raise a few quid at car boot sales etc.

Have a look on barter / swap sites that are becoming very popular with the tightening of finance. I will post some links from the Sunday Telegraph later. Basically you can swap / barter what you are good at for services / money from others.

you little del boy!

I've read they were going to introduce a scheme whereby people who are signing on (long term, I recall) will have to go and effectively earn their dole money by doing 'community service' type work (e.g: scrubbing graffiti off walls / clearing up dog turds in the park / mopping the chunder off pavements on Sunday mornings etc).

I don't know how far progressed this is or when / if it is due to become effective but this seems way worse than working minimum wage jobs.

its a good idea. that might help stop people who let the dogs **** in the street and moping up chunder, cos its probably their mates who are creating a mess for them to clean up in the first place.

in fact, if i ever get in that situation of having to work for Dole, id offer to pick up litter in my town, cos the place looks like a **** hole.

Johnny, stop rising to the bait. You've had the sympathy posts, even from me. :lol:

But stop whining and get on with it, you're like a broken record.

http://jobsearch.monster.co.uk/

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/

http://www.fish4.co.uk/iad/jobs

www.totaljobs.com

These should keep you busy.

do you not think at this stage im fully aware of all the job websites out there seen as im on them constanly every day,thanks anyway but they are all British job websites,and wouldn't be much good to me.

Actually despite all the doom and gloom i just got some good news, my mate in Dubai has just confirmed that my usual contract there to DJ there over the xmas and new year has been confirmed, so as soon as i get back working and back on my feet ill get around to booking a flight, so im well cheered up about that as i thought it wasn't happening this year.:D

Volvo s40:oops: (good family car you see :) )

and a fiat punto TD (my buzz around car), love it tbh!

nice one. guy who works downstairs bought an old K reg BMW 3 series... it was a right state, but he got 3 months motoring for under £100 a month, just got rid of that and bought himself a P reg Jag XJ6 for under £900 and its in really good nick for its age.

Dunkirk spirit, im Irish not English why would i have "Dunkirk spirit"

the BEF wasn't just "Englishmen" jonny lad!!

and as it's a metaphor I think it can be pretty much international in it's application!

karmacyber.jpg

but they are all British job websites,and wouldn't be much good to me.

:D/quote]

Wrong!

Johnny, you blantantly havent looked. Here are a selection of Dublin based jobs i found on there in seconds.

Telesales/Fundraising
Irish Motor Neurone Disease As
Dublin, Dublin 7
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Temporary/Contract work available. Three month contract for capable, bright, telesales candidate. Opportunity to work with the current fundraising team organising a Christmas fundraiser due to take pl ... More

Facilities Program Manager
Microsoft
Dublin 18
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Job Description The facilities program manager is responsible for the operational run and maintenance of all data center specific infrastructure components and facilities functions. This includes resp ... More

Mgr, Customer Order Mgmt
Cardinal Health
Dublin, OH 43016
15 Oct

Collapse

View Map Save

JOB TITLE: Mgr, Customer Order Mgmt At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely c ... More

ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE
Head Hunt
Dublin
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Our client is looking for an Advertising Sales Executive with 3/5 years experience looking to sell a high end glossy home interiors and building Magazines into architects, specifies, building contract ... More

Pharmacy Field Sales Manager
Stelfox
Dublin
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Brilliant opportunity available for a field sales manager with one of the world’s top healthcare companies. Great working conditions and career prospects on offer for the right candidate. Working in a ... More

Software Sales Executive
Questman Recruitment Ltd.
Dublin City Centre
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Software Sales Executive Location and role: Selling near shore ‘.net’ services in Ireland and the UK. Our client’s near shore office in Warsaw is 100% owned and 11 years old. It is run by an Irish man ... More

Fastest Growing Company!!!
Approach People Recruitment
Dublin
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Are you looking to work with the best? Do you think you have what it takes? Don’t miss the opportunity to join the fastest growing company in the world!! Leader in Software which offers competitive sa ... More

Technical Sales Executive
BMS Sales Recruitment
Dublin Cork Limerick Tipperary Watefrord Kilkeny, Dublin
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Sales Executive, Technical Sales Executive, Industrial Sales Executive - Industrial Lifting Equipment MARKET LEADER IN INDUSTRIAL LIFTING EQUIPMENT: With an Irish workforce of over 65 and a field sale ... More

Technical Sales Engineer
BMS Sales Recruitment
Dublin Louth Meath Cavan Monaghan Wicklow Laois, Dublin
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Technical Sales Engineer, Regional Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer - HVAC Service Contracts, and Installation Contracts GLOBAL MULTINATIONAL HVAC SERVICES COMPANY: A global multinational, established s ... More

IT Graduates – Looking to kick start your career?
Allen Recruitment Consulting
Dublin city centre
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Excellent opportunity for recent Graduates who are interested in starting up a career in Desktop/ Network Support, developing into IT Administrators. Our client, a very successful international organi ... More

SALES MANAGER
WOODFIN SUITES HOTEL
Dublin, OH 43017
15 Oct

Collapse

View Map Save

SALES MANAGER Upscale all suite hotel in Dublin is looking for an outside/corporate sales manager. Must be self-motivated, energetic and team-oriented. Qualified candidates must have 2 years sales exp ... More

Senior Corporate Sales Executive (Media industry) Dublin South – 100 k OTE
Select Appointments PLC
Dublin South
15 Oct

Collapse

Save

Senior Corporate Sales Executive (Media industry) Dublin South – 100 k OTE Our client is a progressive company in media industry. Due to their expansion we are recruiting an experienced individual to j ...

Last edited by a moderator:
its a good idea. that might help stop people who let the dogs **** in the street and moping up chunder, cos its probably their mates who are creating a mess for them to clean up in the first place.

in fact, if i ever get in that situation of having to work for Dole, id offer to pick up litter in my town, cos the place looks like a **** hole.

Yeah. I'd like to see the lazy sh1ts round my way get off their @rses and sweep the streets to earn their crust. Soon find a few of them will find work quick enough then.

Back