*** Cream Ibiza 2013 ***

Been looking at the new line ups for this year. Well, I say 'new'. No change again this year. Absurdly similar to last year and so little imagination in terms of bookings and combinations.

I won't be getting to Ibiza in 2013, but damn, they better have this **** sorted out by 2014. :confused:

JAqqnBW

Anyone know whats the go with Eric Prydz? I know hes based in the states now, and with his fear of flying and all that dont know how regularly he'll be in Europe, but he is playing at Tomorrowland, so he has to be coming over at some stage. His name isnt down for any Cream dates though, which he played occasionally last year. any official news on this?
Also with the way set times are down for the 18th of July, do you think PVD (named first) and Dirty South (listed second) will clash? (I am an absolute Ibiza noob, so apologies)

Anyone know whats the go with Eric Prydz? I know hes based in the states now, and with his fear of flying and all that dont know how regularly he'll be in Europe, but he is playing at Tomorrowland, so he has to be coming over at some stage. His name isnt down for any Cream dates though, which he played occasionally last year. any official news on this?
Also with the way set times are down for the 18th of July, do you think PVD (named first) and Dirty South (listed second) will clash? (I am an absolute Ibiza noob, so apologies)

IIRC Prydz was more at the Together nights (tues at amnesia) - often hosting a room

IIRC Prydz was more at the Together nights (tues at amnesia) - often hosting a room

From what i looked at he seemed to play fairly evenly at both, but fingers crossed for at least some nights in Ibiza, may be the only chance this Australian gets to see

whenever i have been to cream or together the headliners in each room normally play at the same time so i think you might be ok.

prydz played last minute at cream a few times covering for illnesses last year. he is also headlining sw4 so maybe he will do a few dates in july/aug

whenever i have been to cream or together the headliners in each room normally play at the same time so i think you might be ok.

prydz played last minute at cream a few times covering for illnesses last year. he is also headlining sw4 so maybe he will do a few dates in july/aug

Thanks Robbo, exactly what i wanted to hear. PVD and Dirty South will be a great way to start the holiday, hopefully it doesnt take to long to get from the airport to the hotel (in Ibiza Town) then to amnesia. the 10.50 arrival time isnt great haha.

Sure I saw something posted on these forums indicating no Prydz in Ibiza this year. I'm assuming that just means no residency, as opposed to no appearances at all. I would hazard a guess if he is affliated with any night it will be Together again. As already mentioned, he only played Cream to cover illness in 2012 - Paul Van Dyk if memory serves me right.

looking good, out there on the 4th july! paul van dyk, halliwell and o'callaghan:lol:

been 11 years since I last went ( getting old now ) , still it was one of my best clubbing nights ever, back in 16/08/2002 caught PVD out there, for whats regarded now as one of his top sets of all time!

cant wait, will have to make do with PVD at MOS tomorrow night 8)

the basis of the cream nights are very much the same but then again why shouldnt they? people are moaning that same big names etc but i think a lot more people would be moaning if pvd, a&b and calvin harris etc werent there...
what other big names do you add... tracne theres only really armin and he does his own thing... to the terrace you've got the sweedes and maybe the likes of afrojack or aoki but he's doing his own thing too maybe? adding the likes of hardwell and romero on there is a good move by them really

How does Burns fit with that style of music?
I don't know burns to well, heard people rave about him tho. I know he has released stuff on Calvin's Flyeye records and I think ive heard the original mix of lies, so i guess that how he fits in with Dirty South and Calvin to some extent (hes obviiously not playing deep house or something totally different). Wish Tom Staar was playing the 18th instead though.

I don't know burns to well, heard people rave about him tho. I know he has released stuff on Calvin's Flyeye records and I think ive heard the original mix of lies, so i guess that how he fits in with Dirty South and Calvin to some extent (hes obviiously not playing deep house or something totally different). Wish Tom Staar was playing the 18th instead though.

I don't know what he's up to these days, but I enjoyed early tune So Many Nights and his mix CD 'European Sex Music' (which definitely doesn't fit with what I imagine the Cream style to be). I did a wee e-mail interview with him back when I was doing music writing: http://music.thedigitalfix.com/content/12753/tips-2011-burns.html For a while, I was really wanting to see him, but never did; guess something I could do if anyone managed to drag me to Cream. ;)

the basis of the cream nights are very much the same but then again why shouldnt they?

agree, if it aint broke don't try and fix it. although i think calvin harris 8 weeks in a row is a bit monotonous. Having Alesso, Hardwell, or Romero headlining more than once in between would have done. But i suppose they are likely to have mini residencies at Pacha and Ushuaia this year.

The line-ups obviously haven't changed much over recent years, but in my opinion having Paul Van Dyk on means you're more than likely to have a great night. Most people are only in Ibiza for a week or two on an annual / bi-annual basis, so Joe Public won't have time to get bored of the line-ups!

Back