*** Cream Ibiza 2013 ***

The best trance nights i had at Amnesia were the Armada nights back in 07 & 08. Armin, Emery, Schulz, Jarrell, Oakey.
They had a strong terrace lineup then too if i remember with Mark Knight, LBL, Tocadisco.

Other than PVD I've never really witnessed an outstanding set in the main room at cream.

I had some great nights at Armada but the best Cream night i had was Oakenfold, PVD and Tiesto in the main room when the last 2 were at the height of their powers DJ wise in 2002? maybe a year or so later. I've also had some amazing nights when A&B were playing but the last of them was 1st July 2010 when they played their only date of that year. Every other time i've seen them since they have been toe curlingly bad... and i won't pay money to go to another one of their nights.

done Cream a few times since my first - 1998
mostly in the terrace
but none compare to that first one - Nick Warren & Paul Oakenfold

Last edited by a moderator:
it may be that some of the nights were less busy than compared to the same date the year before - but overall numbers for cream 2012 were higher than ever before - fact.

what i did witness last year, but i might be generalising too much here, is that on some of the more commercial nights, it sometimes tends to get a lot quieter after the main act. say if the main act plays 2-5am, it often gets quieter after that. this is something i can't remember from back in 2004-2008. that said, back then the headliners ALWAYS played the last slot, mostly 4-7am, and this also has changed a fair bit on the more commercial nights. so it might be just in connection with this, back then everyone stayed because the headliner played last and nowadays, some of the headliners play earlier so people also tend to leave earlier.

by the way, my personal best creams were 2004, two times the same formula: tiesto for three hours 1-4am and pvd after that for another three hours 4-7am. that was the trance heyday for me, still have that pvd closing party set from 2004 (it's been shared on here).

by the way, my personal best creams were 2004, two times the same formula: tiesto for three hours 1-4am and pvd after that for another three hours 4-7am. that was the trance heyday for me, still have that pvd closing party set from 2004 (it's been shared on here).

I was at the closing that year and he went on longer than 7am i think?

Cream was the busiest I'd seen it for the last four seasons I've been out there, until about 4am. It emptied somewhat after A&B finished in the main room on both occasions last year (JoC and Emery were on after on those nights). Tbh, I'm not a fan of Amnesia wehn it hits capacity. It's dangerous!

I've got a Pvd and a Tiesto set from Cream nights around that time I was at that I found years after the event. They are on an old DVD somewhere I will try to find them and upload them in the next day or two

27IBTSX.jpg
[/URL]

love to see all those old flyers craig - which year was this one from?

re line up - it's gonna come out pretty soon.

Back