*** Cream Ibiza 2013 ***

Should be there for the week before closing party. Fingers crossed for Paul van Dyk

Above & Beyond were terribly last year both times I saw them in Cream, really disapointed in them. Sander van Doorn and John O'Callaghan on the other hand!
More bookings like JoC please, Cream!

Above & Beyond were terribly last year both times I saw them in Cream, really disapointed in them. Sander van Doorn and John O'Callaghan on the other hand!
More bookings like JoC please, Cream!

They were dreadful when I saw them at Cream September 2011. To be honest they've been dreadful for a while - Group Therapy really let them down.

Agreed. Their sets are akin to Warmup sets now. I found alot of Anjuna in my warm up set from Thursday.

I went off Above and Beyond after seeing them at Brixton academy last year, absolute pants!! Armin's The man!:D He was amazing at ASOT @ Privelige in Sept last year and again at WHP in Manchester. Markus Schulz is spot on just now too!
I'm in Ibiza 13th-20th July so far this year , just booked up the Hotel Garbi in PDB yesterday, can't Fekkin wait!!;)

Both Above & Beyond (via a post from Paavo on Anjunabeats) and John O'Callaghan (via a facebook post) have hinted they'll play Cream this year.

They really need to get some different DJ's in. A&B, Halliwell, PVD, JoC on in the main room with one offs from Sander or Ottavianni... it's so stale and samey it's unbelievable, it's been the same line ups for about 5 years! My idea of complete hell for the 11th July would be Gareth Wyn, A&B, JoC in the main room and Laidback f**king Luke on the Terrace.

The line-ups don't appear to change much year to year, that much is true. Yet the numbers speak for themselves. How many other parties have lasted the test of time that Cream has done? While Cream goes from strength to stength, how many other parties have arrived, peaked and then disappeared again in that same time? If you've got a winning formula then why risk changing it? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

The line-ups don't appear to change much year to year, that much is true. Yet the numbers speak for themselves. How many other parties have lasted the test of time that Cream has done? While Cream goes from strength to stength, how many other parties have arrived, peaked and then disappeared again in that same time? If you've got a winning formula then why risk changing it? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

They could bring in some other DJs though? I've been going to Cream for 14/15 years and i've had some of my best nights on the island there but i went twice last year (opening was amazing) but the time in August was crap and we didn't bother the next week. It used to be the first night we bought the tickets for but ANOTHER year of A&B playing tracks off that crappy Group Suicide? Jesus how long can you milk 12 appalling tracks?

They could bring in some other DJs though? I've been going to Cream for 14/15 years and i've had some of my best nights on the island there but i went twice last year (opening was amazing) but the time in August was crap and we didn't bother the next week. It used to be the first night we bought the tickets for but ANOTHER year of A&B playing tracks off that crappy Group Suicide? Jesus how long can you milk 12 appalling tracks?

maybe time you choose a different thursday nighter then?
as WIC says, it's true their line ups don't change that much, but it's also very true they've got an extremely winning formula. no other brand has been so consistent on the island for such a long time.

I do think over the last 2 years their terrace lineups have been very strong for the group they are trying to attract. Terrace seemed busier to me than then main room on the two occasions i went last year.

I do think over the last 2 years their terrace lineups have been very strong for the group they are trying to attract. Terrace seemed busier to me than then main room on the two occasions i went last year.

agree. in a way, this is now valid for most parties at amnesia - the terrace has become the main room since they remodeled it 2008

+1, both times I went the terrace was busier. Laidback Luke & Eddie Halliwell in the Terrace for one, Calvin Harris & Michael Woods for the other night. A&B in the Main Room for both, playing two of the most disappointing sets I've seen them play. The Main Room @ Cream could do with exploring it's Trance roots again, but there is no guarantee that guys like Solarstone or Bryan Kearney will sell tickets compared to well established names like Sander van Doorn or Above & Beyond. And at the end of the day, this is a business in a very cut throat industry, in one of the worlds biggest and most well known clubs. Why settle for a name which can only pull in 500 vs a name that that pull in 2000?

Cream is also not a Trance only brand any more, and hasn't been for about 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe time you choose a different thursday nighter then?
as WIC says, it's true their line ups don't change that much, but it's also very true they've got an extremely winning formula. no other brand has been so consistent on the island for such a long time.

It's been quieter the last two years than any other year i've been. I also heard from people that when A&B were on most of the dancefloor was standing still and the place empties before 5am which used to be very unusual. I understand the if it aint broke why fix it argument and wholesale changes obviously wouldn't work but surely a bit of freshness wouldn't hurt? Or are they going to keep hiring the same people to play the same set times year after year then be stunned when people stop turning up?

main room less busy? strange..... I saw A&B (agree with most posts here, very predictable set) and gareth emery on july 12th and the place was packed. we left a bit after 6:00 and gareth was still playing to a full room. on the way out we ducked our heads into the terrace and it was nearly empty, forget who was on (maybe fake blood?) but laidback luke was done and it was a ghost town.

as for predictable line-ups, yes the big names seem constant year after year. but on the same note, when I go to Cream I'm expecting to see Amnesia nearly bursting at the seams with a sweaty, wild crowd. like Ikoda mentioned, if "proper" trance guys were the headliners, it wouldn't draw nearly the same numbers. maybe they should focus on one "big name" like PVD or A&B each week, and then a more diverse handful of smaller guys to vary the sound?

overall though, I'm satisfied with where they're at and I know where I'll be on July 18th and 25th 8)

Back