Cream Closing - Spotlighter pre-party

We'll be damned on the free bus, the dsco bus or taxi. Last year we unsuccessfully managed to get a bus for nearly two hours due to sheer demand and got an illegal in the end.

Hmmm seems like this might become a sticking point for us, could we charter our own bus maybe? If the private airport transfers are anything to go by then we could should expect to pay 10 EUR each if we decide to go with that.

Personally I don't want to take a chance with this night and would gladly pay the 10 to secure a ride, but I realize not everyone might agree.

Anyone have any detailed info on chartering?

Hmmm seems like this might become a sticking point for us, could we charter our own bus maybe? If the private airport transfers are anything to go by then we could should expect to pay 10 EUR each if we decide to go with that.

Personally I don't want to take a chance with this night and would gladly pay the 10 to secure a ride, but I realize not everyone might agree.

Anyone have any detailed info on chartering?

If I plan on spending 50-70 on admission, 10 to make sure I get there and back doesn't seem that bad at all.

Getting there might be as easy as go early and hang out with brown paper sacks in the parking lot...

Paper-Bags.jpg

It's getting away that concerns me.

Hard to sort out until someone who can get it done actually gets out there. I will arrive in 6 days and get right on it ;)

9 days till i head out there wooo

right whats the venue now as we need to get one sorted i think

The only downside to Buddha Bar that I can see, is that, if time is of the essence getting to Amnesia, it'd be difficult getting/flagging taxis from that area.

Getting on the buses last year was horrendous. We went to the bus stop around 1 am and it took about 2 hours to get on the bus. I think we got to the club about 3.30.

The taxi que in San An was ramed too. So I would try to get your bus or taxi before midnight and get to the club early.

The wife and I are staying close to Bay Bar/Tulp Bar so that would be a good meeting point for us. I think it will be tough getting transport from any of the Sunset Strip bars

Thanks for the heads-up kingfisher, yours is not the first horror story from last year so it seems we should heed your advice to go early.

Should we count you in for the party then? I want to get the number as accurate as possible ;)

I'm generally of the early arrival late retreat philosophy myself anyway...

Not an option if you plan on heavy drinking but...

Just pack a car load if you have one. Do what the Spanish do - take a carrier with a bottle of spirits and mixers, then the driver can spend 1/2 an hour getting loaded in the club car park with music blaring before going in, if his/her trollied companions are polite enough to wait. By the time you crawl out into the daylight next morning you'll have danced it off and if not sit around smoking outside the club till you're good to drive off.

Get the bus from the bus station as opposed to getting on the free bus. A lot easier and much more civil.

I know its a bit out of the way but its only a 5 min walk from Pukka up / plastik.

Or i have the number of a taxi driver who we used while on the island (drives an 8 seater mini bus) and can also assist with "extras" if required. PM me if you'd like his number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awkward I know, cause we'll be heading straight for Amnesia, but is anyone taking a camera? Be nice to have a group shot.

Ill bring a camera and post the evidence if everyone wants me to hahah !!

Did we decide whats doing? I got a mate on the island who could help with the transport situation but i haven't personally used him so might be a last resort option.

Sorry guys gonna have to drop out! Not very well so having to cut my season short and will most likely be flying back that exact date :(

Sorry guys gonna have to drop out! Not very well so having to cut my season short and will most likely be flying back that exact date :(

:( Nightmare, shame you won't make the meet, but a bigger shame you won't be seeing the season out. Get well soon.

Back