Cream Closing - Spotlighter pre-party

Hi everyone, sorry for not checking in sooner, funny how time seems to both stand still and disappear at the same time out here....
I talked to the guys at Bay Bar and they will have a reserved area for us, just say you are with the Spotlight party.
It seems that a lot of us will be doing the boat party before and Bay Bar is well situated for everyone to get straight there after that.
The manager insisted that he was doing really good deals on drinks every night and that we shouldn't worry about that..... it's entirely possible that I suck as a negotiator :p

I'll tell them to reserve it from 20:00, so those not doing the boat party can arrive a little earlier than those coming off the boat.

This is going to be such an amazing day :)

BTW Rakesh Joy is turning 30 that day, so be sure to remember to congratulate him ;)

I've had a change of plan, flights were all fully booked or too expensive on 20th so I'm now staying here till 27th!!! wahey! :) Doubt i will go to Cream as might be a bit much for me as I'm meant to be taking it easy but will pop down to the meet for a quiet non-alcoholic drink :)

:) This could well turn out to be the best day of my holiday :D Boat party with a minor spotlight meet, then a major Spotlight meet party, then onto Cream.

Question is, do I wear my tidy Cream clothes to the boat party?, or rush back to the hotel (only up the road) to shower/change?. As problems go, it's a nice one to have.

Question is, do I wear my tidy Cream clothes to the boat party?, or rush back to the hotel (only up the road) to shower/change?. As problems go, it's a nice one to have.

I'll probably rock up to the spotlight meet in a bikini having been on the beach all day so I don't think anyone will judge you! Plus your only gonna get massively sweaty in Cream so Id advise being as filthy as you want pre-cream as no1 will notice!

Hi everyone, sorry for not checking in sooner, funny how time seems to both stand still and disappear at the same time out here....
I talked to the guys at Bay Bar and they will have a reserved area for us, just say you are with the Spotlight party.
It seems that a lot of us will be doing the boat party before and Bay Bar is well situated for everyone to get straight there after that.
The manager insisted that he was doing really good deals on drinks every night and that we shouldn't worry about that..... it's entirely possible that I suck as a negotiator :p

I'll tell them to reserve it from 20:00, so those not doing the boat party can arrive a little earlier than those coming off the boat.

This is going to be such an amazing day :)

BTW Rakesh Joy is turning 30 that day, so be sure to remember to congratulate him ;)

well done BOS....

As far i am concerned ,I won't come in bikini;) but with my doumbek/darbuka/drum percussion, (is any girl keen on belly dance?)8)

See u all there

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably rock up to the spotlight meet in a bikini having been on the beach all day so I don't think anyone will judge you! Plus your only gonna get massively sweaty in Cream so Id advise being as filthy as you want pre-cream as no1 will notice!

Lol, I'm so not used to dressing up in shorts and shirts/tanks at club venues. It's always casual or dressy here in the states. Won't even let you come in with some sneakers at time, strict dress codes.
Now, I'm even more lost as to what to buy for these events?
After your comment, seems like I'm definitely going to buy some talcum powder to absorb all the sweat. :eek:

well done BOS....

As far i am concerned ,I won't come in bikini;) but with my doumbek/darbuka/drum percussion, (is any girl keen on belly dance)8) & wednesday

See u all there

I'd advise you'd leave the drum with the belly dance. Lol, kinda weird seeing someone walking around with a darbuka. :?:
Just bring yourself and be cool bro 8)

Lol, I'm so not used to dressing up in shorts and shirts/tanks at club venues. It's always casual or dressy here in the states. Won't even let you come in with some sneakers at time, strict dress codes.
Now, I'm even more lost as to what to buy for these events?
After your comment, seems like I'm definitely going to buy some talcum powder to absorb all the sweat. :eek:

I'd advise you'd leave the drum with the belly dance. Lol, kinda weird seeing someone walking around with a darbuka. :?:
Just bring yourself and be cool bro 8)

Alex,I was kidding a bout the bellydance but for the drum i can't (only let in the car when going in club) :this is my Baby :lol: & for your info everybody have a big smile when seeing me hanging/banging my drum :boys or girZ
See u there.

Damm, I am trying to purchase tickets to the boat party and cream closing but keep getting an error from Spotlight's website. Called my CC company but they said there's nothing wrong with my acct. on their end.
Just emailed Spotlight to try and resolve this issue...hopefully I can get tickets in case they sell out... :rolleyes:

Damm, I am trying to purchase tickets to the boat party and cream closing but keep getting an error from Spotlight's website. Called my CC company but they said there's nothing wrong with my acct. on their end.
Just emailed Spotlight to try and resolve this issue...hopefully I can get tickets in case they sell out... :rolleyes:

Yeah I had that same problems also. It's that Verified by Visa thing that Spotlight is using this year with purchasing tickets. I had to purchase the tickets with my PayPal account. Or you can get them through clubtickets. I purchased my Cream tickets there without a problem, none of the 'verified' BS.

Yeah I had that same problems also. It's that Verified by Visa thing that Spotlight is using this year with purchasing tickets. I had to purchase the tickets with my PayPal account. Or you can get them through clubtickets. I purchased my Cream tickets there without a problem, none of the 'verified' BS.

Lol, Spotlight finally sends me a response, so I go back to use PayPal as an option and I get this:

Unfortunately there is no more availability for Paul Van Dyk & Cream 'Such A Good Feeling' Boat Party Standard E-Ticket

Wonderful... :(

Lol, Spotlight finally sends me a response, so I go back to use PayPal as an option and I get this:

Unfortunately there is no more availability for Paul Van Dyk & Cream 'Such A Good Feeling' Boat Party Standard E-Ticket

Wonderful... :(

Clubtickets.com are still selling tickets for the event.

Really wish I was out there for Creams Closing this year as last year was banging8) also wish I was there as there is such a big spotlight meet up this year!

Have fun guys and I don't suppose any of you are still on the island from the 1st October?

Me and my girlfriend are staying in Playa Den Bossa and have just bought tickets for the boat party. We are also going the Cream closing that night. So we are in the same situation. Mite be worth a taxi share there and back ?

Hey Uncle Sevo.... Me, Dave, Alex, Kenny and a few more are in the same situation too...

Everything's settled

We made good deals on bottles, jugs of sangria and beer

You can start showing up at 19:30 or so, and around midnight we will go tear it up at Amnesia :spank:

If this night just reaches 50% of my expectations it will still be freakin EPIC!

sounds like a plan, as long as it's cheaper than mambo yesterday. Definitely the biggest bill I've ever received there :D and we carried on drinking when that tab was settled. :eek::twisted:

i was there at Tulp bar around 9h17,ask for spotlight meeti.Then i ve been to bay bar(did not know it was planed ther) & ask to bay bar rp & told me she did t know & tell me to asks inside but i step back to join a french frien met 2 days ago.How was it?

Same here, got to Bay Bar/Tulp a bit late (around 10 ish) and couldn't see any big groups of people. Wonder if we missed everybody. Shared a taxi to Cream, we got to the club about 12.30. Really good night, the club was no were near as packed as last year, so it was a far more enjoyable experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back