☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government don’t care if folk are home ill for a week. As long as the hospitals aren’t under pressure and people aren’t dying, they don’t give a toss.

This may sound harsh, but do any of us care if people are just ill at home, not in hospital and not dying? Obviously if self-employed, then I understand it’s shit as a week off work with no income, but it’s then like any other cold / flu / food poisoning situation.

This may sound harsh, but do any of us care if people are just ill at home, not in hospital and not dying? Obviously if self-employed, then I understand it’s shit as a week off work with no income, but it’s then like any other cold / flu / food poisoning situation.
That’s exactly my point 😁

Yep agree with that. I think that was the general message from Boris yesterday, we will have to live with the virus, but as long as no-one is going into hospital, we can get back to normal (ish)

Yep agree with that. I think that was the general message from Boris yesterday, we will have to live with the virus, but as long as no-one is going into hospital, we can get back to normal (ish)

Without being too pessimistic there was a medical guy yesterday on TV worrying about Flu in 2021/22 season. The problem is Flu is almost zero right now, so that means they have no idea how to update the annual flu vaccine as they don’t know what strain will become dominant. So sadly we will probably get an awful flu season next winter. But that’s a problem for November, so let’s just live crazy until then haha.

I do believe that roadmap yesterday is set in stone, Boris has been criticised in the past for over-promising and under-delivering - he used the word 'irreversible' yesterday so I do not think them dates would have announced if they were subject to change.

There are reports of potentially bringing the date forward on indoor pubs which have been hard done by on a mid-May opening date compared with the rest of Europe.

Every adult will in the UK will be offered a vaccination by 31st July - with everyone over 35 by June - at this stage, we have to learn to live with the virus and there is no reason to keep any sorts of restrictions - we are much further ahead in our programme compared to the EU, it was a great decision to not join their programme!

The response on social media has been phenomenal, people planning already what they are wearing on 21st June! I did not believe it was possible for clubs to open this year so I am buzzing to be honest! I suspect many promoters and nightclubs will be planning their summer schedule right now....

I am sure he means well....but anything can happen with this damn virus which will be out of his control.....mutations etc.... hopefully that wont happen and all good on the date he advised

Exactly. This time last year I was skiing in Colorado, and people were sometimes using hand sanitiser. It hadn’t even started. Looking back now that first wave was actually quite short. Started March and by end of May we were pretty much down to low cases.

I do believe that roadmap yesterday is set in stone, Boris has been criticised in the past for over-promising and under-delivering - he used the word 'irreversible' yesterday so I do not think them dates would have announced if they were subject to change.

There are reports of potentially bringing the date forward on indoor pubs which have been hard done by on a mid-May opening date compared with the rest of Europe.

Every adult will in the UK will be offered a vaccination by 31st July - with everyone over 35 by June - at this stage, we have to learn to live with the virus and there is no reason to keep any sorts of restrictions - we are much further ahead in our programme compared to the EU, it was a great decision to not join their programme!

The response on social media has been phenomenal, people planning already what they are wearing on 21st June! I did not believe it was possible for clubs to open this year so I am buzzing to be honest! I suspect many promoters and nightclubs will be planning their summer schedule right now....
To king right!! My knee-length boots came yesterday, safely stored for mid-May when the pubs are properly open!

That aside, I'm farely confident we will be able to fly away at least to Europe starting late June. Might need a vax passport, but hey. Might have a booking gamble late May and see if I can get to Ibiza just after the scheduled re-opening in June BUT I want that second jab first, Ibiza has to have few restrictions and I've got to be very confident the flight will go ahead.

I wonder, if flights DO get the go ahead on June 21st, will there be a mad rush and planes be packed..or will it be quiet as folks are cautious?? Helps that the kids are still in school - that should keep plenty away.

To king right!! My knee-length boots came yesterday, safely stored for mid-May when the pubs are properly open!

That aside, I'm farely confident we will be able to fly away at least to Europe starting late June. Might need a vax passport, but hey. Might have a booking gamble late May and see if I can get to Ibiza just after the scheduled re-opening in June BUT I want that second jab first, Ibiza has to have few restrictions and I've got to be very confident the flight will go ahead.

I wonder, if flights DO get the go ahead on June 21st, will there be a mad rush and planes be packed..or will it be quiet as folks are cautious?? Helps that the kids are still in school - that should keep plenty away.
I know that when everyone got the go-ahead to travel last year, lots of people did

I think this year even more so

I think flights may be able to happen from June onwards also,

I know that when everyone got the go-ahead to travel last year, lots of people did

I think this year even more so

I think flights may be able to happen from June onwards also,
yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens. If people are already booking domestic holidays for June/July, say more than normal, then they won't be flying away. I suppose many will be like me, just wait and see and then go if the chance arises.

I'm quite excited by the potential of being able to see friends freely and the potential restart of the night time (and events in general) economy as well. Even if they miss the June date by a few weeks, that's ok. 5 weeks between stages gives us time to see the impact.

Look forward to being able to see parents again too!

Nicola's update totally different in tone to Boris' and she didn't mention the word 'pub' once.

Going to be more than a few people griping with her not speaking of much past April.

it's weird following all the excitement from the UK. doesn't yet feel like anywhere near that level in Spain. are holiday destinations going to let brits in before locals have been fully jabbed.? before local staff in their 20s/30s have been done? not logistically possible surely? if we're going at different speeds, how does that work? or is everything being calculated on the basis that the vast maj of people across Europe will have been done by the summer?

it's weird following all the excitement from the UK. doesn't yet feel like anywhere near that level in Spain. are holiday destinations going to let brits in before locals have been fully jabbed.? before local staff in their 20s/30s have been done? not logistically possible surely? if we're going at different speeds, how does that work? or is everything being calculated on the basis that the vast maj of people across Europe will have been done by the summer?
We’re certainly not convinced that our planned July trip to Ibiza is anymore likely just because of the English exit plan ... actually have been booking London hotels as a back up as at least if the “full” opening somewhat happens we can enjoy meeting up with friends instead ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back