☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's weird following all the excitement from the UK. doesn't yet feel like anywhere near that level in Spain. are holiday destinations going to let brits in before locals have been fully jabbed.? before local staff in their 20s/30s have been done? not logistically possible surely? if we're going at different speeds, how does that work? or is everything being calculated on the basis that the vast maj of people across Europe will have been done by the summer?

I share that sentiment. we're nowhere as near just yet.

I think there's a chance the islands will open up before the mainland; and those allowed in will require vax certificates. Although Spain is currently way behind the UK r/e vaccinations, there has been a little speed-up recently; and I suppose whether the islands want tourists will depend just how many of the vulnerable have been vaccinated.

The equation will be money in vs how many illnesses (say under 60) is acceptable.

R/e Spain as a whole, as we approach summer and they start to open up (hopefully!) it should be easier for them to open quicker than the UK as so much hospitality is outside; people don't need to be inside sheltering like they do in the UK!

Gibraltar will be interesting, they have almost vaccinated everyone, whereas across the border in la Linea (Spain) it's not even double figures as a %. Will the GIB government demand vax certificates for everyone entering GIB, and vice-versa?

I imagine they can't just rely on vax passports they will also have to take into consideration negative recent covid tests, also some people don't want or haven't had the jab by then (no through no fault of there own) would be unfair to not allow people because they are not vaccinated due to production etc

The swiss are also leaning toward a vaccine passport

Switzerland’s president Guy Parmelin is convinced that a certificate of vaccination against Covid-19 will soon be mandatory on international flights.

The swiss are also leaning toward a vaccine passport

Switzerland’s president Guy Parmelin is convinced that a certificate of vaccination against Covid-19 will soon be mandatory on international flights.
Same with Greece also they will do vaccine passport

so weird to think of future traveling, two queues one for vaccinated passports and one for covid recent tests😂

I've got a villa booked from 24th July for 2 weeks, I fully expect to be there enjoying the sunshine with the family. I don't expect any sort of nightlife but a couple of meals out and some sunset cocktails will do us fine, we will be relaxing and BBQ'ing at the villa most of the time anyway

as I had somehow expected, it looks like the rest of the balearics slowly start re-opening next week, but ibiza has to wait two more weeks

actual confirmation of this by the govt outstanding still, tomorrow we should hear more

Been offered my vaccine today. Just turned 30, had asthma as a kid but not at all now. In fact i'm probably about as far away as I could get from ever struggling with breathing 😂.

Only problem is I've moved out of London until we're back to the office so I'll have to keep checking back for a weekend appointment and travel back when one comes up :D

one of my best friends who's around my age and currently working at the airport and the port (checking people's PCR tests and such) got his first jab on monday (the AZ one). he had the shivers all day yesterday but feels completely fine today.

a small sign things start moving here too!

There seems to be a correlation in people that have had the virus having worse side effects than those who haven't. Hopefully mine isn't too bad 👍

My mum hasn't been offered one yet (61) but that should be coming soon. It certainly seems to be moving fast here, a lot of people in their 30s with no health issues being offered it, in London especially. It's nice to think that if i do get mine booked in now then i'll be covered by the end of May and won't need to rely on getting a negative test.

Last edited:
I read that Greece is keen to restart tourism, using a mixture of vax passports and quick tests; if that happens I expect a snowball effect around the Med, especially if it's successful.

From Ibiza Rocks Twitter

SUMMER 2021, LET’S GO!​

IBIZA 2021 UPDATE FEBRUARY 2021 | TEAM ROCKS​

Hola from Ibiza!

Good news incoming. With vaccines being rolled out here on the island for all residents by the end of May and news coming out of the UK about a return to ‘normal’ life from May/June… Summer 2021 is on!

So if you’re missing Ibiza, read on and let’s get you excited and up to date on what’s been going on in our Ibiza 2021 update for February.

one of my best friends who's around my age and currently working at the airport and the port (checking people's PCR tests and such) got his first jab on monday (the AZ one). he had the shivers all day yesterday but feels completely fine today.

a small sign things start moving here too!

Great news they're starting to vaccinate key workers. I wonder whether they use different viral vectors depending on where the vaccine is manufactured - the European stock seems to be generating way more incidental reports of mild side effects like you often get from a flu jab. There's almost no reports of this being widespread from the UK vaccinations (my mum felt nothing at all next day or later).

Fingers crossed there's no last minute hitches but I've finally managed to get a 1st jab appointment on Saturday through my GP. It's only taken 4 emails, 6 phone calls and provision of a huge load of NHS' own guidance to them showing them that they are supposed to be vaccinating people in my position already ! My surgery's centre is 200 miles away but at this stage I don't care as long as I get the process started now !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back