☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
No social distancing or limits to events by June I think is wonderful news - I cannot wait to rave this summer! I suspect many venues will release tickets sooon....

The government haven't been perfect but the roll-out of the vaccine programme has to be applauded - lets hope Ibiza can follow a similar path as this roadmap so we can rave on the white isle this summer too!

No social distancing or limits to events by June I think is wonderful news - I cannot wait to rave this summer! I suspect many venues will release tickets sooon....

The government haven't been perfect but the roll-out of the vaccine programme has to be applauded - lets hope Ibiza can follow a similar path as this roadmap so we can rave on the white isle this summer too!
Yeh looking like no travel but a rave or two in the outdoors in the UK will f***in do me.

Creamfields announced dates yet?

Just a bit worried that the case numbers declining has stalled; that's not so bad in itself as the vaccine should now prevent large numbers needign hospital.

But - with the kids going back, it's bound to spread again and be taken home to their parents....and they won't have been innoculated so there will probably be a spike in cases. In fact, I think that's expected.

I suppose the hope is as the parents are younger than 50 they won't be hit too bad and won't need hospital. Finger's crossed.

I'm assuming May 17th for normal pub experience again if all goes well......
Not normal as in normal, probably the same as last summer, table service + distancing for those five weeks until late June. But it's somethign, and the opening of the beer gardens in April is a boost. Still a long way off though.

What's really annoying is the total uncertainty of the air/travel industry. They need us to book, most of us want to book, yet "um, er, ah....we'll wait for a report mid-April". Kinnell - if they are planning on having clubs and sports grounds fully open by the end of June, then they can flaming well announce we can go on holiday...even if we need proof of vax.

Next currently scheduled event for me is Thom Yorke in Glasgow on June 18th (rescheduled from last year)... Not sure how likely that is.

Not normal as in normal, probably the same as last summer, table service + distancing for those five weeks until late June. But it's somethign, and the opening of the beer gardens in April is a boost. Still a long way off though.

What's really annoying is the total uncertainty of the air/travel industry. They need us to book, most of us want to book, yet "um, er, ah....we'll wait for a report mid-April". Kinnell - if they are planning on having clubs and sports grounds fully open by the end of June, then they can flaming well announce we can go on holiday...even if we need proof of vax.

Not even looked at flights. I'm sure Ryanair will happily take your money on the off chance.

Just a bit worried that the case numbers declining has stalled; that's not so bad in itself as the vaccine should now prevent large numbers needign hospital.

But - with the kids going back, it's bound to spread again and be taken home to their parents....and they won't have been innoculated so there will probably be a spike in cases. In fact, I think that's expected.

I suppose the hope is as the parents are younger than 50 they won't be hit too bad and won't need hospital. Finger's crossed.
The government don’t care if folk are home ill for a week. As long as the hospitals aren’t under pressure and people aren’t dying, they don’t give a toss.

Its 4 months away... so they aren’t being that loose.

The thing I don’t understand (and anyone with more science brain please help). But if 30% of people are refusing vaccine, surely the virus can mutate amongst them and they can then pass it on to the rest of us?
The thought is that herd immunity would be high enough where it would spread much slower and therefore mutate much slower. Compared to the flu, CV19 appears to generally mutate slower. We’ll need periodic boosters, but nothing we can’t stay in front of, like the SA strain for example (knock on wood).

The government don’t care if folk are home ill for a week. As long as the hospitals aren’t under pressure and people aren’t dying, they don’t give a toss.
Exactly - and they know if a few younger people share Covid around it'll give them immunity for a few months so they won't be in the mutation pool later in the year. It takes AZ about 3 weeks to have any effect at all and about 4 to get substantial protection so those vaccinated in late June aren't going to have any significant protection until mid to late July.

The big one is International travel because it allows a huge inflow of potentially unvaccinated people to the country and they have no idea where they've been or what risks they've been exposed to.

I am hoping to get 1st jab by start of next week meaning 2nd by start of June, if I can punch my way through the paper bag that is GP admin. I'm assuming after that you'll have as much immunity as you're going to get within a week or so after the 2nd one ?

Well after Macron, parts of the German government and US pharmaceutical companies have spent months briefing against it, they now realise that the damage is done and they went too far. People are refusing the OxfordAZ vaccine in many countries. The German Government are starting to now brief it’s safe! I only have school level German, but use translate

AstraZeneca vaccine: Highly effective and safe​

The AstraZeneca vaccine is characterized by high effectiveness and extensively tested safety. This is evident from an up-to-date overview of the PEI. Above all, the vaccine protects against a severe course of COVID infection and thus saves lives.

More and more I think all that was just about deflecting attention from tardy EU contracting for supplies at a time they were under fire for not getting to grips with delivering jabs fast enough.

I think the plan is very cautious tbf. Boris alluded to some sort of Covid Passport aswell. Im just really hope for no delays, this has been crazy long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back