☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting to see some kind of time-line for the UK; they want all over 50's to be vaxxed by April 15, leaving three weeks for it to kick in, therefore by the start of May conditions should be right to re-start indoor fun again. Hopefully outside fun will have re-started much earlier.

As for air corridors...who knows?
If they want to meet their targets, they need to get a shift on. UK rolling 7 day average is going down noticeably.

I know said would be some supply problems in Feb, but they are going to need to average 400-500k a day at least to meet targets. Its around 330k mark at min💁‍♂️

I know my parents GP group practice is still waiting for supplies for over a week now.

I was surprised to drive past a local doctor surgery that has always had a full car park and queue 7 days a week since the vaccination effort started... however shut today

If they want to meet their targets, they need to get a shift on. UK rolling 7 day average is going down noticeably.

I know said would be some supply problems in Feb, but they are going to need to average 400-500k a day at least to meet targets. Its around 330k mark at min💁‍♂️

I know my parents GP group practice is still waiting for supplies for over a week now.
They said end of Feb would be the most difficult period regarding supply of vaccine, so hopefully in the next few weeks the numbers start ramping up.

BREAKING: I have seen a "leak" which I believe to be true

Schools 8th March
Beer Gardens, max 2 households 29th March
Non essential retail 3rd week in April

A cautious 4 point plan on releasing lockdown, based on:

Vaccination rollout
Effectiveness
Pressure on NHS
New Variants

MORE BREAKING from @thetimes on the likely roadmap:

March 8th: Golf/Tennis

Mid April: Gyms

May: Cinemas/Theatre/Indoor Pubs/Restaurants.

August: Foreign holidays/Nightclubs...

BREAKING: I have seen a "leak" which I believe to be true

Schools 8th March
Beer Gardens, max 2 households 29th March
Non essential retail 3rd week in April

A cautious 4 point plan on releasing lockdown, based on:

Vaccination rollout
Effectiveness
Pressure on NHS
New Variants

MORE BREAKING from @thetimes on the likely roadmap:

March 8th: Golf/Tennis

Mid April: Gyms

May: Cinemas/Theatre/Indoor Pubs/Restaurants.

August: Foreign holidays/Nightclubs...
Could get on board with that if true...

For the Astrazeneca Oxford vaccine sceptics, especially as regards giving it to the elderly which several EU countries haven't wanted to do despite it being licenced, seems it's actually had a greater impact a month after 1st dose than Pfizer in reducing hospital admissions in Scotland >>

For the Astrazeneca Oxford vaccine sceptics, especially as regards giving it to the elderly which several EU countries haven't wanted to do despite it being licenced, seems it's actually had a greater impact a month after 1st dose than Pfizer in reducing hospital admissions in Scotland >>

Well after Macron, parts of the German government and US pharmaceutical companies have spent months briefing against it, they now realise that the damage is done and they went too far. People are refusing the OxfordAZ vaccine in many countries. The German Government are starting to now brief it’s safe! I only have school level German, but use translate

AstraZeneca vaccine: Highly effective and safe​

The AstraZeneca vaccine is characterized by high effectiveness and extensively tested safety. This is evident from an up-to-date overview of the PEI. Above all, the vaccine protects against a severe course of COVID infection and thus saves lives.

There will be many festivals this year, especially in the second half of this year.

If Ultra Miami was in July instead of March, they would not have cancelled it.

Clubs and festivals by June sounds optimistic to me but something to look forward at least!

Its 4 months away... so they aren’t being that loose.

The thing I don’t understand (and anyone with more science brain please help). But if 30% of people are refusing vaccine, surely the virus can mutate amongst them and they can then pass it on to the rest of us?

Step One – two parts

8 March

All children and students will return to schools and colleges, along with wraparound care
People will be allowed to meet outdoors on a one-to-one basis for recreation, such as a picnic or coffee.
Care home residents will be allowed one regular named visitor
The stay at home order will remain in place.

29 March

Outdoor gatherings of six people or two households will be allowed, including meeting in private gardens
The stay at home order will end – but people will be urged to stay local
People will still be urged to work from home
Outdoor sports facilities – like tennis and basketball – will reopen
Outdoor organised sports will be allowed

Step Two – no earlier than 12 April

Reopening of non-essential retail, hairdressers, libraries and museums
Most OUTDOOR attractions, such as hospitality venues like beer gardens, zoos and theme parks (There will be no curfew on hospitality and no need to buy a substantial meal, but customers will have to be seated)
Indoor mixing between households will not be allowed – social contact rules will continue to apply
Gyms and swimming pools for individual or household use
Self-catering accommodation will reopen; campsites, holidays lets etc where facilities are not shared
Weddings and wakes will allow 15 people, up from 6

Step Three – no earlier than 17 May

Social contact rules outdoors are lifted – meaning people are no longer limited to the rule of six/two households. Gatherings of more than 30 people will still be illegal.
Indoors mixing will be allowed, subject to rule of six/two households
Indoor hospitality reopens, along with cinemas, children’s’ play areas, hotels, indoor sport and exercise classes

Performances resume;

Indoors: 1,000 people or half full, whichever is lower
Outdoors: 4,000 or half, whichever is lower
Large venues (40,000 capacity plus): Up to 10,000 will be allowed to attend

30 people will be allowed at weddings

Step Four – no earlier than 21 June

All legal limits are removed
Hope to reopen final parts of economy still closed, such as nightclubs and lift restrictions on large events
A decision will be made on removing limits at weddings

The government is also to launch a series of reviews to explore further ways of easing limits.
The first review will look at whether having had a vaccine or a negative test result can reduce restrictions on social contact.
A second review will be a pilot looking at the impact of testing and reduced social distancing on events.
A third will look at travel. International travel will not resume before 17 May, but a report on 12 April will look at how to facilitate more inbound and outbound travel.
A fourth will review social distancing measures, such as the one metre plus rule, rules on face coverings and working from home. This will conclude ahead of 21 June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back